Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The whole lot are 50% (EP) Now, and GP's are 25, one SP at 50

And it says for 8 days.
So I'll be grabbing a few, since I only have base game and am after buying that a few years ago, starting to play it now I've gone external from university ...

So! Please advise me as to which expansion packs, game packs and stuff packs DON'T have supernatural/occult creatures in them. Greatly appreciated.
I remember you from university, I still have your story.

Comments

• Options
    qnoftheamazonqnoftheamazon Posts: 643 Member
    And it says for 8 days.
    So I'll be grabbing a few, since I only have base game and am after buying that a few years ago, starting to play it now I've gone external from university ...

So! Please advise me as to which expansion packs, game packs and stuff packs DON'T have supernatural/occult creatures in them. Greatly appreciated.

Avoid Get to Work (aliens), Island Living (mermaids), Vampires game pack, Realm of Magic (witches), & Strangerville (giant alien plant).
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    You may also want to avoid getting Discover University (Magical Secret Society), Spooky Stuff (Occult Objects),
    Romantic Garden Stuff (Magic Wishing Well), Spa Day (Wellness Transporting), Parenthood (Magical Imagination & Floating Child),
    Jungle Adventure (Magical Playable Scallitons & Objects) & Seasons (Lighting Powers & Holiday Magical Decor).
  • Options
    DivinylsFanDivinylsFan Posts: 1,278 Member
    That's pretty much all of them then ... do they come with the ability to switch off the occult creatures? Or to choose for them to not be there or not interact?
  • Options
    AHolyToiletAHolyToilet Posts: 870 Member
    You can choose not to use anything magical related in any of the packs. But for the occults, I'm afraid you will see them, especially if you go to the world associated with them.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    I'm very happy for people who don't have all the packs but I'm soooo over these sales. Just release something already :expressionless:
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I would say vampires and rom are the ones occult themed and the ones you will feel that occults are there. In all the others you won't see nothing.
  • Options
    @telmarina what pack are you meaning by "rom"?
  • Options
    qnoftheamazonqnoftheamazon Posts: 643 Member
    @telmarina what pack are you meaning by "rom"?

Realm of Magic
  • Options
    I see, so "Vampires" is a separate pack, as is "Realm of Magic", thereby none of the expansion packs already have those in them? Unlike in Sims 3, and 2 where you're stuck with them if you wanted the expansion pack? So there's no expansions with silly fairies, werewolves or other fantasy and occult? They're in a game pack of their own?
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    I see, so "Vampires" is a separate pack, as is "Realm of Magic", thereby none of the expansion packs already have those in them? Unlike in Sims 3, and 2 where you're stuck with them if you wanted the expansion pack? So there's no expansions with silly fairies, werewolves or other fantasy and occult? They're in a game pack of their own?

Not quite. There's aliens in Get to work and mermaids in Island living. Those occults are less detailed though.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    It's kind of like in sims 3... in 4 you still have non-occult only packs that bring occults, like aliens in 'Get to Work' and mermaids in 'Island Living'. The other occults are in occult packs, 'vampires' and 'realm of magic'. In sims 3 you also had occults in non-occult only packs and the other occults, like fairies, werewolfs, zombies... were in the 'supernatural' pack.