Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Object Voting Results

SimGuruNinjaSimGuruNinja Posts: 992 SimGuru
edited March 5 in Nominated Threads
Hey everyone.

Here's the results from the last round of voting for the knitting stuff pack. Check out the following blog for a bit more info:
https://ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/news/sp-survey-results-4

Beyond that... what do you think of the 30+ winning objects? Did some of your favorites make it in? I know that we were really pleased to see so many craftable objects make it in and we're really excited to be able to knit a variety of things.

Please continue to let us know your thoughts and how you think it's best to approach making this pack. All feedback and input is super welcome. Thank you all so much for your participation thus far! Next round will be voting on the pack's icon and title. Should be fun.

Happy simming out there!

-SGNinja

sp-results-4.png.adapt.1456w.png

Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    I am very happy with these, 3 hanging plants, 5 plushies (GRIM!!!), the bunny basket...very nice.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• bcd87bcd87 Posts: 8 New Member
    Well I'm a little sad the the rainbow dresser and birdhouse door didn't make the cut, but the stuffed grim and knitted mailbox did so I can't complain.
    I know given the limitations of the survey this might not be possible, but I think it would be helpful to see some swatch options. Especially for the cas vote it would have been nice to know that the kids stuff could swatches for multiple genders. But I think it would be useful here too because I think colors play a lot into what objects people pick.
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    That's not too bad. 13 of my choices made it, including the little turtle, which was super important! I do wish the one wallpaper (#94) had made it and I am not thrilled with the rocking chair, but you can't win them all. :smile:
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    So many great knitted things that didn't make it in. Really disappointed. I'm especially sad that only one normal toy made it. I voted for knitting mainly because knitting toys was advertised in the initial voting prompts, but only the blue bear got in. I was really hoping for the pink cat as well. I would be happy if the penguin, octopus, and turtle decor items were actually toys, but they aren't. So, I can only make one toy for my toddlers and kids. I wish the pink cat toy could have made it in. Also kinda bummed that the dog is the only decor plush that didn't make it. I thought that one was really cute.

I see quite a few random clutter items that have nothing to do with knitting, so that's also annoying. I really don't understand why there were even so many random items that weren't related to the theme of the pack. I get that a lot of people were missing the hanging plants since granny chic days, but did we really need so many? It's a knitting pack, not a plants pack.

Looks like the chair I wanted made it, so that's nice. And I like both of the knitting baskets, but I had no problem with any of those, so I'm fine on that. It's just kind of weird that the basket with the toy bunny won, yet we can't even actually knit a toy bunny.

Overall the selection is overall decent, but I'm disappointed that once again, it looks like more stuff is not craftable than what actually is. I'd hoped that with everything labeled that this time around we'd get more people voting for knitting related objects and craftables, but I guess not. :/
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    edited March 2020
    Yes!! Grimmy made it!! <3

Very sad that the clown didn't, but love the hanging plants and even the new door. My favorite rocker made it too! And the octopus plushie! Wish one of the windows made it but, oh well. I feel satisfied that enough things I would use made it in, and my favorite object. (Grimmy) Yay! :)

P.S. Also sad that the briefcase ottoman didn't make it, that was different and would have looked great in my Steampunk lots. But I didn't really expect it to be chosen. Alas.
    #Team Occult
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    Are these all objects of this pack, or will there be a few additional that were not up for voting?
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    edited March 2020
    Definitely like a lot of these objects, but I'm personally a little disappointed in 5 whole Build/Buy options for this pack being taken up by plushies. Yeah, they're cute, but like... there were so many better, more useful and more versatile objects to choose from.
  • Sakuske1Sakuske1 Posts: 86 Member
    I'm really happy with the results, overall. I LOVE the hanging plants, but I do wish at least one of the ceiling hangers were knittable, though. Maybe there's still a chance to persuade the Sim Gurus to design at least one of them that way? I wouldn't mind if they had most of the swatches in build/buy and only one or two that could be crafted, but I think it'd be more fun to be able to knit them.
    Check out my Gallery with Origin ID: kkranich
  • DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,135 Member
    I think, there are at least 6 items from my vote who made it. Especially I'm happy about this little Penguin and Grim Reaper. Both were my top favourites.
  • PurpleHeatherPurpleHeather Posts: 83 Member
    I'm very happy with the results and will probably use most of the items. I only miss a chair to use with the desk or a lamp to make the room complete.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    Ultra glad the stuffed toys, Grim Reaper, desk, the yarn bag and yarn box, and the rocking chair I voted for made it all. I like or just don't care about the rest of the items, and there are no disappointments.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    I love the grim plushie and those THREE hanging plants objects. I voted for them all. Great! I also liked that yellow sofa and display shelf with three slots. I'm slightly missing the frilly curtains and embroided pictures. Overall quite pleased though, better than the CAS vote results.
  • TamakiSakura84TamakiSakura84 Posts: 543 Member
    edited March 2020
    Wow, I love everything that was chosen, and voted for most of it. I do wish we'd gotten some curtains rather than so many shelves, though.

Just one request. Could the knitted penguin be a toy rather than a decor item?
  • hellokitty1496hellokitty1496 Posts: 243 Member
    edited March 2020
    I'm pretty much satisfied with these results, almost elated😊 ❤. There's only a couple that I would've swapped out for, but I'm overall happy.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Yay! The little Grim made it!
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I'm actually happy with the results. I just hope the lights, the yellow wallpaper, some of the doors and windows, and some of the rugs and other toys make it into other packs. I like that Sims will be able to craft a lot and would be fun to see them have some crossover crafting with future packs.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,887 Member
    edited March 2020
    sighhhh didn't vote for most of this
    I guess community just really doesn't like me

but can the embroidery hoop collage be separated so I can have singular embroidery hoop wall decor?
    I see myself never using it if it comes as collage like that cause its not versatile, not versatile at all
    but I would really love singular one

also can we please please please have neutral/natural/warm swatches for all of this
    like beige,all wood, white or like if its turtle let it be like real turtle color if I want that you know

+I think pink reaper swatch would be cute, just opinion.

and I am very particular about the basket with bunny
    I think there should be normal basket color (with no stripe)
    with warm white/beige inside clutters

thank you.
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • LaniNeptuneLaniNeptune Posts: 19 Member
    I'm glad I got to see the vote before I moved and super happy to see 15 items I voted for on the list. I didn't get the knitting basket or rocking chair I liked but the ones that were chosen are cute.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    sighhhh didn't vote for most of this
    I guess community just really doesn't like me

but can the embroidery hoop collage be separated so I can have singular embroidery hoop wall decor?
    I see myself never using it if it comes as collage like that cause its not versatile, not versatile at all
    but I would really love singular one

also can we please please please have neutral/natural/warm swatches for all of this
    like beige,all wood, white or like if its turtle let it be like real turtle color if I want that you know

+I think pink reaper swatch would be cute, just opinion.

and I am very particular about the basket with bunny
    I think there should be normal basket color (with no stripe)
    with warm white/beige inside clutters

thank you.
    Pink swatch would be so cute. I am partial towards purple and yellow swatches myself and grim reaper would be cute in a pink swatch and a purple swatch. I would love to have real greens too instead of the ashy type of colors and prefer my colors warmer too. Great idea for a single embroidery hoop option too like how it is shown on one of the pieces of furniture that made it through too.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • LunarChanelLunarChanel Posts: 34 Member
    I'm a bit sad that none of my kitty items made it through, but SUPER happy that we got five of the 7(or was it 8) plushies. I literally voted for every single one. So the fact that so many made it makes me really happy.

In all 10 or 11 of the items I voted for made it. So I'm pretty satisfied overall. Even though I didn't vote for any hanging plants, I know a lot of people really wanted them so I'm very happy for them.
  • Zimz4Zimz4 Posts: 354 Member
    Mmm... twelve of my choices made it. The only thing I would likely ever actually use would be the grim puppet. I also had to toss a coin to decide between knitting baskets 1 and 6, so it's kinda funny to me that they both made it. The blue bear is on me. Everyone probably voted either for both the pink cat and the blue bear or for neither, so I probably caused an uneven voting result in favor of the blue bear by not voting for the pink cat o:)
  • Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    edited March 2020
    10 of my choices made it in. I am pretty happy with the results. I do wish one of the chairs and another rug would have made it. I love the plushies we are getting. So cute. I do hope the couch and chair gets a striped swatch and not just a plain color.
  • Franko30Franko30 Posts: 64 Member
    I'm not too disapointed, except maybe for the wall shelf (3 little houses) that I don't see the point here and remind me of the toddler bookshelf, and I'm not a fan of it. But the real questions is, is it all? Because when you go see back in time with Laundry stuff pack, there was actually 48 items build/buy includes, and none of it where stuff that could be hidden (like the piles of dirty clothes). Although, here is the thing half of it, could have been includes as craftable and not something in build/buy mode, wich we will get only 15 items non craftable if I counted right.

So I have a real bad feeling about this, beeing a good project with good intentions, but should be revisited in therms of what we actually get. Im very surprised that all beautiful knitted plants didnt make it... only the cactus, but I guess it is ok.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top