Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How will the forums and community be managed at this difficult time?

The virus is effecting every country and some cases are worse than others. I have seen some players wondering how it would effect future game releases and patches ect and EA have put up a statement.

Could it be possible for there to be perhaps a sticky thread somewhere for all links to any information to prevent any flood of similar threads?

Also how will the forums be ran? Will there still be moderation and will mention of the virus be allowed? I have seen a few players mention it through some threads and I put up a thread of my own which is Sims related but with Sims panic buying. Would it be insensitive to continue doing threads like this?

Hope everyone takes care and if anyone comes into contact with it they are able to recover.

Happy Simming

Peace
Simbourne
screenshot_original.jpg

Comments

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Those threads probably belong in Off Topic if not Sim related.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Coley666Coley666 Posts: 119 Member
    It is possible it will affect future releases of games as it is halting production on many more things.
    Most people will check regarding similar posts before posting their own.
    I can't see why they would stop talk about the virus as long as it's in the appropriate section. Also not entirely sure why it would be any more insensitive than discussing any other topic that goes on in the world.
    Sims Builder - Coley666
    jWIA95z.png
  • KatAnubisKatAnubis Posts: 3,241 Member
    The virus is effecting every country and some cases are worse than others. I have seen some players wondering how it would effect future game releases and patches ect and EA have put up a statement.

Could it be possible for there to be perhaps a sticky thread somewhere for all links to any information to prevent any flood of similar threads?

Also how will the forums be ran? Will there still be moderation and will mention of the virus be allowed? I have seen a few players mention it through some threads and I put up a thread of my own which is Sims related but with Sims panic buying. Would it be insensitive to continue doing threads like this?

Hope everyone takes care and if anyone comes into contact with it they are able to recover.

Happy Simming

Peace

I would think that moderation would go on as before. That's something that can easily be done remotely. In the "old days" it was all done remotely by SimMasters from their homes.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Are we allowed to discuss moderation? :/

Anywho there's also this thread: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/973368/coronavirus-an-ea-update/p1
  • EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
    We are still here with you :)

The situation has been discussed on the forums already - but yes, this belongs on off topic. Forum rules stay the same, and they apply as usual.

I'm going to leave the direct link in case someone reading here hasn't seen it yet: Coronavirus - An EA Update

Other than that, I'll be locking the thread as per the no moderation discussion rule, but for questions about the rules, please, feel free reach out to EA_Rtas, EA_Joz or myself by DM and we will try to clarify.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top