Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How long are your seasons?

124...Next

Comments

• BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    I play each season with whatever season i'm in irl. I did this in sims 3 too. I also play with aging off. I enjoy the seasons.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 761 Member
    7 Days
    I play 7 days. I honestly haven’t experimented with the length of seasons. But this post is making me want to try out 14 day seasons. I think I might enjoy having the holidays spread out more.
  • TamakiSakura84TamakiSakura84 Posts: 543 Member
    7 Days
    I want my toddlers to experience as much of the year as possible (I play on long lifespan.)
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    7 Days
    I get really bored of things stay the same for too long, so 7 days is plenty long enough for one season.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Terpsichore_Terpsichore_ Posts: 27 Member
    14 Days
    Honestly, it depends on what kind of vegetable/fruit I need. If we are in winter and I need/want strawberries, I'm gonna set the length of the seasons on 7 days...When it's spring or summer, I make them last 28 days :smiley:
  • ArcherDKArcherDK Posts: 1,130 Member
    28 Days
    I prefer for it to last.
    GaBDvM2.jpg
    Click the banner to follow the link.
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    28 Days
    playing rotational with auto-age off and 28 still seems too short to me sometimes :D
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• PhillipaErdnussPhillipaErdnuss Posts: 74 Member
    28 Days
    I play on normal life span. I love spring and summer and play them 28 days. If my Story does not need it I play autumn and winter with 7 days.
    Phillipa Erdnuss
    Mayoress of SimCity and all associated districts
    Let this cart-button disappear!
  • motdkmotdk Posts: 208 Member
    28 Days
    What can I say I Love Seasons. The more days the merrier.
  • KaitlinMarieKaitlinMarie Posts: 58 Member
    7 Days
    I wasn't even aware that changing the length was a thing but now that I know I will probably test out the 14 days. Summer is never long enough!
    Gallery name: Kaitlinxo143
  • Jon the WizardJon the Wizard Posts: 268 Member
    28 Days
    28 days. I don't play with lifespans.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,547 Member
    14 Days
    7 days is far too short. It's weird to me to have Harvest Day and Winterfest all in the very same week. I tried out 28 days, but that's almost the same as no seasons at all. Stuck in the same season for so long. So, I went back to 14 days. Sadly, it rains nearly all of the time in my game and believe me, that gets old. Would that we had been given a fourth option of 21 days. Sound as if it would be ideal. But, it is what it is, so what can we do?
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    28 Days
    I do 28 day seasons and use mcc mod to set gestation in a Sim pregnancy to 84 days so it simulates a full 9 months. But that's for a real game of playing a household. I can't stand every day or two being another holiday.

Even with 28 day seasons, I have a mod for no more sad holiday buffs, so I can ignore holidays because usually, they are annoyingly too frequent with too many hoops to jump through.

I might delete all of them from the calendar and just have my Sims decirate and celebrate if I ever do feel like it.

Being nagged to do it, especially every time I turn around, makes them even worse than real-life ones, which also are too many in number, come too frequently, and demand too much of everyone.
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • SimsQueerSimsQueer Posts: 103 Member
    14 Days
    14 is good when you have normal age for sims