Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Next Expansion Pack For The Sims 4?

167891012...Next

Comments

• Options
    SimsStarfishSimsStarfish Posts: 147 Member
    > @rudy8292 said:
    > SimsStarfish wrote: »
    >
    > So if EA play is on 7-9 June and last year they released seasons for EA Play and it came out to the public a week later, then we could probably expect this new pack around 14 June. Which means they should announce around 14 May, as they did with Seasons, which means a few more weeks till all this speculation ends and we finally know what this pack is! Hopefully...
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > After that the speculation will continue about what the next pack is going to be after the next pack though. x)

Yes! about two seconds after the next pack is announced there will be a new thread about the next game pack, and we'll all be there speculating.
    My sims experience is like 50% actually playing and 50% speculation/hopes about what could be coming lol
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    > @rudy8292 said:
    >
    > So if EA play is on 7-9 June and last year they released seasons for EA Play and it came out to the public a week later, then we could probably expect this new pack around 14 June. Which means they should announce around 14 May, as they did with Seasons, which means a few more weeks till all this speculation ends and we finally know what this pack is! Hopefully...
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > After that the speculation will continue about what the next pack is going to be after the next pack though. x)

Yes! about two seconds after the next pack is announced there will be a new thread about the next game pack, and we'll all be there speculating.
    My sims experience is like 50% actually playing and 50% speculation/hopes about what could be coming lol

for me I spend about 50% on these forums and 40% building 10% and playing
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    SimsStarfishSimsStarfish Posts: 147 Member
    > @marcel21 said:
    >
    > > @rudy8292 said:
    > > SimsStarfish wrote: »
    > >
    > > So if EA play is on 7-9 June and last year they released seasons for EA Play and it came out to the public a week later, then we could probably expect this new pack around 14 June. Which means they should announce around 14 May, as they did with Seasons, which means a few more weeks till all this speculation ends and we finally know what this pack is! Hopefully...
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > After that the speculation will continue about what the next pack is going to be after the next pack though. x)
    >
    > Yes! about two seconds after the next pack is announced there will be a new thread about the next game pack, and we'll all be there speculating.
    > My sims experience is like 50% actually playing and 50% speculation/hopes about what could be coming lol
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > for me I spend about 50% on these forums and 40% building 10% and playing

Yeah that's actually more accurate. I spend all this time coming up with the idea of the family, building their house, making them in CAS, making new buildings for the neighborhood and add in all the neighbors. Then I play for a few hours and get bored. Hopefully the new packs this year will fill the gaps in the game and our stories, so that there might be more time spent playing.
  • Options
    leosimsbrleosimsbr Posts: 31 Member
    I really want a Island Paradise themed expansion pack again!
  • Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    marcel21 wrote: »
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    TS1299 wrote: »
    DaniSnow wrote: »
    After the addition of the Get To Work EP, I would like to see more fleshed out, and playable careers, or activities. For example travelling to school as a child or teenage sim, A playable Artist and criminal career, and a more intricate freelance career system. Among the developments I would like to see mostly include expanding, improving, or generally adding more depth to pre-existing packs.

This is what I hate about get famous it could of been a perfect time to of added more active careers but instead of three like get to work as well as retail we got only acting.

Well i gotta say i was so happy that Get Famous added another active career because i thought that EAxis was done with them after GTW

I like it but its only one NEW career, in a fame pack that pretty bad.

I don't think its bad to only have one of them. Tbh the focus should how on how sims would make fame, and it is important to integrate the pack with all of the content that they ever released. I would rather have them overhaul hundreds of interactions both base game and the packs to work with the fame and reputation system rather than having a new active career.

Its fine, Agree to disagree.

in the past we at least got up to 3, in this game we got 1.

its the lowest we ever got.

Weeell technically two. And I think the actor one is far more fleshed out than the ones in Superstar, personally. But more importantly, it's nice that every single career - including self-employed careers - now gain you fame and reputation. Which means, technically anyway, that we got way more than 1 or 2 :)

not really its one career( acting)
    how does fame make it 2?
    yes but they are still technically old careers from the base game and packs, you don't get any more levels to them, just notifications of fame with its so called perks.
    so how is that more?
    if the had added extra levels to the old career yeah, I would of loved that, but there still the same old careers!

get to work had
    three fleshed careers,
    retail shops, including the bakery
    photography
    aliens etc etc
    that is a packed out expansion pack compared to get famous

with its
    fame
    acting
    11 lots hood

yes they did a good job with acting, but so did get to work with its multiple career chose
    this is why i think its the lowest number of active career we ever got in a sims expansion pack ever
    get to work had 3
    the sims 3 showtime had 3
    the sims 3 ambitions got about 5
    this as 1

Get To Work may have more features, but I think it failed outside of the careers, in integrating content. Only Scientist seems to have the ability to use their object at home. They are the only one whos gameplay elements can be used outside of the careers. You cannot make arrest if you are not on your duty at the Police/Detective Career, and you cannot use Medical Equipments at Home. Only pregnant sims can go to the hospital. Sometimes unless you are playong those careers it dosen't feel that the pack exist. Kind of like City Living where ubless you go to the city, you will never feel the whole pack, especially since a lot of features are locked in San Myshuno.

If GTW only had a Scientist, Aliens, and Doctor, then probably Aliens would be a lot better, Scientist coupd invent much more things than they already have now, and the Doctor Career feels more integrated in the world. We might even get the command feature from the scientist career in the Doctor Career, and lot more features could be added in the Doctor career. The pack would have feel more fleshed out instead of only habing the scientist career feels fully fleshed.
  • Options
    amelie_plutoamelie_pluto Posts: 1 New Member
    Hopefully they are going to make more pets or something. Or even more members in a family because my dogs are ALWAYS GIVING BIRTH
  • Options
    ANNETTE1951ANNETTE1951 Posts: 520 Member
    Uni is next, I am pretty sure about this.
  • Options
    Nicocacola1992Nicocacola1992 Posts: 23 Member
    I think the next EP will be Uni and it will be released in September/October (to coincide with the start of real life Uni).

I also bet we'll get a beach or holiday based GP in June, given the time of year.

Maybe a supernatural stuff pack in that time frame too?
  • Options
    JadeleineJadeleine Posts: 2,140 Member
    edited May 2019
    I hope that it´s farming and horses, i would love that. And if they do I hope they added ponies and unicorns. I miss farm animals from the Sims 3 like chickens and cows. It would also be nice to see some new additions like bunnies, lambs etc.

Occults and magic is good as game pack, not so much as expansion because i liked the way they had made vampires. It was and still is one of the best ever made. That also gives people freedom to choose which occults they prefers to see in the game.

My top three wishes

expansions:

1.Farming
    2. University
    3. Time travelling past and future or some kind of expansion with various era´s.

as game packs:

1. Magic with witches and fairies
    2. Survivalist
    3. Beach/Tropic destination with hotels etc.
  • Options
    gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    Guys, so sorry for being MIA for such a long time, but life got in the way, I hope you're all okay. I still haven't purchased Island Living, but I'm so glad they did an ocean-themed pack.

Fingers crossed for Magic soon!
  • Options
    MitsuXPMitsuXP Posts: 4 New Member
    I want them to bring back the Cars exp pack where you can be mechanic to fix/build a car or car sales person or something for teens like homecoming/prom/ and graduation stuff pack. Also maybe a wedding planner Stuff pack. Oh adorable baby shark stuff pack for baby/toddlers, but instead of baby shark it be baby llama.
  • Options
    Vivi_WillowTreeVivi_WillowTree Posts: 452 Member
    Elder pack with graveyard lot
  • Options
    WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    My hopes are a Farming GP is coming next month and a Winter Vacation EP (including hotels) is coming in june.

What I really want is a Generations pack, but I'm not puting my expactations that high.
  • Options
    SimyimSimyim Posts: 142 Member
    Hello everyone! It would have been great to have a Winter Vacation GP now before spring, but if it comes in the next months it will be much welcome! And the Farming one! :D
  • Options
    Kniga_SitaraKniga_Sitara Posts: 414 Member
    edited March 2020
    bad topic....
    Post edited by Kniga_Sitara on
  • Options
    vierhasvierhas Posts: 10 New Member
    Hello everyone, I have an amazing idea regarding the expansion of sims. I believe, that it would be really cool if sims could get legal consequences after doing crime, and so, go to jail if needed. Therefor, they should make it able to also live not only outside, but also inside the prison/jail
  • Options
    andimackcentralandimackcentral Posts: 20 Member
    Salon Owning & Freelance House Designer GP maybe with a Model active career thrown in