Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

children dying/ghost babies/kids' tombstones

SimsQueerSimsQueer Posts: 103 Member
I'm in the process of making a new game save file with lots of [Removed - CM] stories.

I'd like to have a tombstone of a child on one lot. Is there any way for me to do this? I tried to drown the kid but my game said that he's getting adopted due to neglect and when I killed him with MCCC he just came back when I played with the family again.

Lemme just kill this one kid please?

Or do I give up, change the plot and grow him into a teenager... Can I at least kill a teenager?
Post edited by EA_Joz on

Comments

• SimsQueerSimsQueer Posts: 103 Member
    Also: mods are welcome in case there is no way for me to do this in game.
  • VamprisVampris Posts: 1,127 Member
    edited March 2020
    SimsQueer wrote: »
    We desperately need a "Sims forums out of context" thread

I'm in the process of making a new game save file with lots of f***ed up stories.

I'd like to have a tombstone of a child on one lot. Is there any way for me to do this? I tried to drown the kid but my game said that he's getting adopted due to neglect and when I killed him with MCCC he just came back when I played with the family again.

Or do I give up, change the plot and grow him into a teenager... Can I at least kill a teenager?
    You should be able to drown the kid, but you need to make sure they have eaten or something like that cause sims in Sims 4 take waaay too long to drown so it's possible he was at the point of "Starving to death" and kids get taken away instead of falling to the floor.

Another way is burning the kid alive if you want, but if you want him to drown in your story you could just say he caught fire and jumped into the pool to put himself out but drowned instead from shock which could explain why he's a fire ghost.
    EMrBkJP.png
  • beadierturtlebeadierturtle Posts: 295 Member
    Rumor is children can also freeze or overheat to death.
    Vampris wrote: »
    We desperately need a "Sims forums out of context" thread

We do! lol

Vampris wrote: »
    I'm in the process of making a new game save file with lots of f***ed up stories.

You should be able to drown the kid, but you need to make sure they have eaten or something like that cause sims in Sims 4 take waaay too long to drown so it's possible he was at the point of "Starving to death" and kids get taken away instead of falling to the floor.

Another way is burning the kid alive if you want, but if you want him to drown in your story you could just say he caught fire and jumped into the pool to put himself out but drowned instead from shock which could explain why he's a fire ghost.

The kid was completely fine apart from being super tired. I even fed him!

The story is that he was actually murdered, but dying from fire could also be the cause of death... I'll try that.

I'm trying to do this using only get to work, get together and discover university, so I guess that's out of the question...
    Update: so I burned the kid. He left a tombstone after himself, but it doesn't seem to have an owner. I'll try another method...
  • beadierturtlebeadierturtle Posts: 295 Member

I'm trying to do this using only get to work, get together and discover university, so I guess that's out of the question...

I do believe you need Seasons, yes.
  • Vivi_WillowTreeVivi_WillowTree Posts: 451 Member
    Mccc has all the ways you can kill each life stage. click on sim and go to the following options. cheats MCCC > Sim Commands > Maintain Sim > Kill Sim > Death By
    kaylin205 wrote: »
    Mccc has all the ways you can kill each life stage. click on sim and go to the following options. cheats MCCC > Sim Commands > Maintain Sim > Kill Sim > Death By

I did that.

What I did and what appears to be working as of now, but I don't know how it'll change: I aged him up, drowned him and then aged down his ghost. Now the tombstone is working and the kid works the way he's supposed to, but I'm afraid that something's gonna go wrong as soon as I exit the game lol
  • lzbthnndglslzbthnndgls Posts: 285 Member
    Sounds like a really cool idea. For kid deaths in my gameplay, I've only had success with fires and using MCCC. With MCCC you can kill any age sim with anything and they will die immediately. There's also this one R-rated mod that I don't think we're supposed to talk about on here but I'll mention it anyways: Random Violence. You can definitely do some interesting things with that. There's also a tragedy mod you can use to get your sim kidnapped/murdered/etc (Clare Siobhan did a showcase during one of her let's plays and it was out of control). I will say that I've tested each of these mods and they're a bit buggy and can cause all the sims in your world to go crazy fast but I think if you use Random Violence to kill the kid, exit the game, remove the mod, and then go back in, the kid will still be dead from an unknown cause. That's what happened to the sims that were killed in my save with the mod installed and then when I removed them it just said "Died by ___". It can add a bit of mystery to your game for sure.

When you finish your save, I'd appreciate if you can post a download link to this thread so I can find it easily and play with it!
    Check out my builds on the gallery by searching my username: lzbthnndgls
    Sounds like a really cool idea. For kid deaths in my gameplay, I've only had success with fires and using MCCC. With MCCC you can kill any age sim with anything and they will die immediately. There's also this one R-rated mod that I don't think we're supposed to talk about on here but I'll mention it anyways: Random Violence. You can definitely do some interesting things with that. There's also a tragedy mod you can use to get your sim kidnapped/murdered/etc (Clare Siobhan did a showcase during one of her let's plays and it was out of control). I will say that I've tested each of these mods and they're a bit buggy and can cause all the sims in your world to go crazy fast but I think if you use Random Violence to kill the kid, exit the game, remove the mod, and then go back in, the kid will still be dead from an unknown cause. That's what happened to the sims that were killed in my save with the mod installed and then when I removed them it just said "Died by ___". It can add a bit of mystery to your game for sure.

When you finish your save, I'd appreciate if you can post a download link to this thread so I can find it easily and play with it!

Do they leave a tombstone after them? Cause I really needed that tombstone lol. (Thankfully, I got it now.) Do you mean extreme violence? Cause if so then I love that mod to death (so much death in this thread) and I didn't even think of that possibility! Like the "Died by ___" that would be so cool.

I definitely will! It will require Discover University and Get To Work, though, and I will add two different saves where one is with the cc I have and a download to all that cc (which isn't all that much) and then the non-modded version. I will add some elements from Get Together as well, but it won't be necessary to have it!
  • lzbthnndglslzbthnndgls Posts: 285 Member
    Yes, they do leave a tombstone/urn that you can put in your inventory as long as you put it in right away and don't travel to another lot before hand.

Yes, it is extreme violence, idk why I called it random violence. It does feel very random.

Sounds awesome! I have those packs and I love downloading new cc. Very excited to play with your save. Will it have a graveyard?
    Check out my builds on the gallery by searching my username: lzbthnndgls
    Yes, they do leave a tombstone/urn that you can put in your inventory as long as you put it in right away and don't travel to another lot before hand.

Yes, it is extreme violence, idk why I called it random violence. It does feel very random.

Sounds awesome! I have those packs and I love downloading new cc. Very excited to play with your save. Will it have a graveyard?

Does the tombstone work for them? Or is it just blank? I tried to kill the kid as a kid, but... he left a non-functional tombstone after himself and resurrected whenever I left the lot.

Yeah, it does. XD But I love it. I made one guy stalk someone and I was wondering why he was stopping everything just to check up on this guy. Then I realized that I made him stalk him...

It will take me a while to finish, though! I'll try to get it done by the end of this month though cause I'm honestly enjoying making it so much. And it will most definitely have a graveyard.
  • TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    A child autonomously ate a plate of bad pufferfish nigiri and died at a birthday party. She joined the household.
    Funny thing though-if she was off lot, I couldn't summon her back. She's not a ghost anymore (thanks to Bob Pancakes' Famous Ambrosia) and I still can't bring her back home. I have to call her or wait for her to do it on her own.
    7mQr8Yt.jpg