Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Does anyone else do this? (I hope im not alone lol)

does anyone else fill their sims needs even when they're in the green? im just interested
fnf is a very pog game
814240012736397312.png

Comments

• beadierturtlebeadierturtle Posts: 295 Member
    Sure, if it's near turning yellow anyway, and especially if I want them to spend a chunk of time doing something. I'd rather get them all filled, set them to work at something (e.g. raising a skill), and then I can concentrate on doing something else with someone else.
  • FurryModSpinelFurryModSpinel Posts: 481 Member
    HAH! Alright, i got one. Throwing away plates instead of washing them, even when your sim has a dishwasher?!
    fnf is a very pog game
    814240012736397312.png

• Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,183 Member
    Same here.
  • beadierturtlebeadierturtle Posts: 295 Member
    HAH! Alright, i got one. Throwing away plates instead of washing them, even when your sim has a dishwasher?!

I've been doing that more and more lately, because even though we've a dishwasher they sometimes try to use the sink at the outside bar for some weird reason.
  • Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,183 Member

Nope. I let them wash them. Although it can be PITA when they have to travel all around the building and even outside to collect all the dishes. And don't get me started on one household which INSISTS on putting dirty dishes on the coffeetable that is OUTSIDE and part of the garden furnitures.
  • SimsQueerSimsQueer Posts: 103 Member
    edited March 2020
    Nope. I wait until they're yellow or red. And in this game eating a bowl of cereal thankfully takes care of hunger, in sims 2 they had to eat like 3 of those...
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,541 Member
    does anyone else fill their sims needs even when they're in the green? im just interested
    I do that sometimes (like @beadierturtle if I want them to do something that takes up a lot of time afterwards).

And, yes, I totally drag the dishes into the bin quite often :D It is safer than dragging them to sink or dishwasher as the bin doesn't break!
  • hyungryhyungry Posts: 29 Member
    I do but that's mostly an OCD thing lol because if I don't I forget and woops someone had an accident on the floor.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I do this ... if they hit yellow it's basically immediate that they need to fill that need. If they are going to work I will obsessively top them up... like I have to do little things like give them a two hour nap or have them eat a few bites of a plate of food.
    I know it's not needed also... it's just part of how I play.
    I do wonder if it's a habit from playing prior sims games and having to work harder at keeping them green.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,321 Member
    "Top them off", That's a good way off putting it. Yes, I make them pee, shower, etc, even when in the green. To top them off. :D
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Zimz4Zimz4 Posts: 354 Member
    edited March 2020
    Admiral8Q wrote: »
    "Top them off", That's a good way off putting it. Yes, I make them pee, shower, etc, even when in the green. To top them off. :D

I'm with Admiral8Q on this. Usually when there isn't much time to do something majorly time consuming like learning a new skill or doing homework before they have to go to work, school, or some event, but they do have all their needs in green.
  • phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    I top them off before work, too. And I prefer to throw away plates (in the outside trash) rather than let the Sims wash them. My sims have things to do! Places to go! If I can entertain myself collecting plates, the sink doesn't get used, and it takes that much longer to break.
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited March 2020
    I just start filling the needs when they're yellow. I think if they're green they're good :)
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    I try to send Sims off to work, school or class as full as possible on all motives.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    I try to send my sims to work and school with their needs as full as I can. I definitely do focus on their needs in the lower stages of green more than I should at other times though.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • ArcherDKArcherDK Posts: 1,130 Member
    Oh yes, I keep my sims topped off. Especially vampires and their thirst.
    It is not fun when your vampire goes berserk and attacks someone.
    GaBDvM2.jpg
    Click the banner to follow the link.
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    It really depends on what my sims are doing (and whether or not I'm on a legacy save :P) but yes, on my normal save game I too fill as soon as the green starts to drop. Especially if I'm just ever so close to a skill gain they need for work/school/aspiration or what have you.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,142 Member

Yes, 30 or more simeleons for free. I wish, this trashcan would exist in reallife ;).
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    Yup, I put that Nano trashcan in every household. Very handy and profitable too. :D
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    Sure. Not all the time, but sometimes I want the need filled up for whatever reason and I have the time and easy enough opportunity, so why not?
  • PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    Oh yeah, I stay on top of their needs. If I see they are fixing to get to into the yellow I take care of them. Especially if it’s their bladder. It’s crazy but I’ve wanted to challenge myself and let them get in the red before I do anything.😅
  • Kaley_KaleKaley_Kale Posts: 71 Member
    Depends, if they need to go to work so yeah I do that, if not I let them be.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    I love the nano trashcan it works even off-the-grid. However, I do wish that some of the bathtubs, all candles & lanterns worked off-the-grid.
    Oh well.
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,321 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    I love the nano trashcan it works even off-the-grid. However, I do wish that some of the bathtubs, all candles & lanterns worked off-the-grid.
    Oh well.

There is alot of stuff that works 'off-the-grid'. The only downside is that a shower or bathtub, sink, etc... is that the water is like 'camp-water'. They often get an uncomfortable moodlet. If you get the 'carefree' reward trait, then it negates that.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• FurryModSpinelFurryModSpinel Posts: 481 Member
    Btw, wasnt talking about the nano trashcan :D just throwing plates away in the normal trashcan
    fnf is a very pog game
    814240012736397312.png