Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 Things you didn't know!

Comments

• texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I didn't know that sims can't go further in their romantic relationships at once. My sim started flirting with an old friend and got him to leave his wife. In that same evening she asked him to stay for the night with the intention to ask him to be her boyfriend, but as much as they were having fun and maxing their romance bar, the option didn't show up.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited February 2020
    telmarina wrote: »
    I didn't know that sims can't go further in their romantic relationships at once. My sim started flirting with an old friend and got him to leave his wife. In that same evening she asked him to stay for the night with the intention to ask him to be her boyfriend, but as much as they were having fun and maxing their romance bar, the option didn't show up.
    Sims can only have one partner at a time. There is a data field associated with that somewhere behind the scenes and it can only handle an entry for one sim. A "partner" is defined as Steady BF/GF or higher. Sims can have as many Romantic Interests (RIs) as they like.

There are some odd exceptions to this rule. The data field is world-specific, so if you travel a sim (without their partner) to other worlds within the same game, they could potentially have a different partner in each one as long as those partners are never in the same world at the same time (aka, "when worlds collide" or something like that). There are also some in-game exceptions made by way of the Social Networking skill Transmogrophier, events that can happen at proms, under spells, and with certain photo booths, but these are EA-made exceptions and the appearance of multiple partners tends to be unstable and temporary.

If the other sim really has left their wife though, and they are no longer seen as true partners (the results here can vary), then they may be in a temporary cooling-off period and not yet ready to commit again.
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    HillyBeth wrote: »
    It's been so long since I had a toddler in my game that I forgot they could read toddler books on their own once they've read them with an older sim. Here's Maeve reading with Mama, and later on her own.

Actually, they can read them on their own even if nobody has read them to them already.

igazor wrote: »
    Sims can only have one partner at a time. There is a data field associated with that somewhere behind the scenes and it can only handle an entry for one sim. A "partner" is defined as Steady BF/GF or higher. Sims can have as many Romantic Interests (RIs) as they like.

There are some odd exceptions to this rule. The data field is world-specific, so if you travel a sim (without their partner) to other worlds within the same game, they could potentially have a different partner in each one as long as those partners are never in the same world at the same time (aka, "when worlds collide" or something like that). There are also some in-game exceptions made by way of the Social Networking skill Transmogrophier, events that can happen at proms, under spells, and with certain photo booths, but these are EA-made exceptions and the appearance of multiple partners tends to be unstable and temporary.

If the other sim really has left their wife though, and they are no longer seen as true partners (the results here can vary), then they may be in a temporary cooling-off period and no yet ready to commit again.

But... then how i complete the "have 10 bf/gf" lifetime wish?
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    IreneSwift wrote: »
    It's been so long since I had a toddler in my game that I forgot they could read toddler books on their own once they've read them with an older sim. Here's Maeve reading with Mama, and later on her own.

Actually, they can read them on their own even if nobody has read them to them already.

They'd be blank though. I remember having that happen when I had a toddler try to read one.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
    edited February 2020

If the other sim really has left their wife though, and they are no longer seen as true partners (the results here can vary), then they may be in a temporary cooling-off period and no yet ready to commit again.

Very carefully. ;)

No, the real answer is that the LTW requires 10 BF/GFs but nowhere does it say at the same time. The sim in question is meant to break up with each one in between and when they are fully disengaged as partners, a new one can be sought and added to the lifetime tally.

o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!

They'd be blank though. I remember having that happen when I had a toddler try to read one.
    That hasn't been my experience. If I leave a toddler book that has never been read to them on the floor or put it in their inventory, my toddlers can read it for the first time on their own without anything blanking out.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!

Very carefully. ;)

No, the real answer is that the LTW requires 10 BF/GFs but nowhere does it say at the same time. The sim in question is meant to break up with each one in between and when they are fully disengaged as partners, a new one can be sought and added to the lifetime tally.

Ohh what have i done? Haha my sim has a terrible reputation now... 😂😂
  • IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member

What do you mean by blank? Do you mean they won't get the skill meter? That happens when someone has already read the books to them, but they do get the meter and the skill gain from reading them on their own. My toddlers always have.

What do you mean by blank? Do you mean they won't get the skill meter? That happens when someone has already read the books to them, but they do get the meter and the skill gain from reading them on their own. My toddlers always have.

I mean the picture wouldn't be there until someone reads to them. It's happened before.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
  • Shadow_AssassinShadow_Assassin Posts: 1,669 Member
    edited February 2020
    One of my sim, he's human and his traits are neurotic, unlucky, avant garden, inappropriate, friendly, he's musician. He don't afraid of graveyard, but another human sim who got to graveyard with him is afraid of graveyard(her traits are absent minded, perfectionist, daredevil, good, heavy sleeper)

So maybe unlucky sims don't afraid of graveyard. My other sims who have neurotic or inappropriate(without brave or evil) are afraid it, I can't find the connection between avant garden/friendly and afraid of graveyard at all.
    Entrance to the abyss
    sims.fandom.com/wiki/User:ShadeAssassin
    It's a scratch-off ticket
    There's a "_" in my usename. My usename is Shadow_Assassin, not ShadowAssassin or others

Sometimes it's not me who talks to you, it's machine translation

She/Her but you can call me as any pronouns
  • KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    Only Brave and Evil sims are not afraid of the graveyard, so I am not sure.

https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Graveyard
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • KeithiaKeithia Posts: 22 Member
    I think one of the best features of Sims 3 is Traits. Recently, I learned that...

Unlucky Sims can only die of old age.

If they happened to die in another way, the Grim Reaper will laugh at their misfortune, and resurrect them.

They can obtain immortality with the help of Age Freeze Potion (EP: Generations).

Although, their unluckiness can give higher chance of bad things happening like fire, burglary, losing game and breaking object as compared to other Sims.
    🌱🍃🌿🍁🍂 “Wherever life plants you, bloom with grace” 🌾🌻🌼🌷🌹
    🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀
    👫🌲🌳🌏🌳🌲👫
  • WaterdragonWaterdragon Posts: 780 Member
    Today I learned, that if a burglar steals something and your sim beats him in a fight, the object is returned to your family inventory. (He stole a dollhouse! That´s true evil!)
    My sim´s antics: http://waterdragonsblog.com/
    My studio: http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/WatrDragon/mystudio

Just assume that every edit I make is because of typos.
    edited March 2020
    I found out last night- either I completely forgot or I've never experienced this- that some sconces in WA Tombs are actually secret door levers!

----A few minutes later----

Well, I'm a ding-dong! I didn't take a photo!
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
  • KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    I found out last night- either I completely forgot or I've never experienced this- that some sconces in WA Tombs are actually secret door levers!

----A few minutes later----

Well, I'm a ding-🌺🌺🌺🌺! I didn't take a photo!

If they're not lit, that is a good clue to check them out further. :D
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • rubyskywalkerrubyskywalker Posts: 1,174 Member
    @HillyBeth and @KevinL5275 Thanks for the tips! That'll make tomb exploration a bit easier!
    Origin ID and TS3 Username: DollyGizzy
    Hoping to complete the Brunch at the Old Mill set for CYS. 16 items left.
    My Sims 3 Store Wishlist: https://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=DollyGizzy
    My TS3 Blog: https://rubysasimslife.blogspot.com
  • Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    edited March 2020
    I literally just discovered today that the display cases from World Adventures can transfigure things you put on them. For the record, I've got the ep back in ~2011 and played the hell out of it back then. I just transfigured collected spirits from the ghost hunting profession into a full urn with a ghost. The ghost's now part of my household and stole my ghost hunter's boyfriend from her...
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
  • KeithiaKeithia Posts: 22 Member
    I was playing with World Adventures yesterday and found out that your Sims can actually read a book in a tent.

We have a big square tent (Colesim 2br Edition Tent) in the backyard because there is a foreign visitor in our home and we want him to have the bed, my Sim who loves the outdoors (trait), now sleeps outside the house. I saw she brought the book outside and into the tent to read! :)

I also like how she get a better mood when sleeping outdoor, as she receives the 'One with Nature' positive moodlet (+20). ;)
    🌱🍃🌿🍁🍂 “Wherever life plants you, bloom with grace” 🌾🌻🌼🌷🌹
    🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀
    👫🌲🌳🌏🌳🌲👫
    edited March 2020
    Today i learned that children can fish. (Im still uncertain if i learned this now or i knew it already but forgot after so many years without playing).
    I've also learned that teens can register as freelancers/autonomous workers while still going to high school. This is great. I thought teens could only have part time jobs.
    My teen sim registered as a freelance fisherwoman. She has already got promoted by reaching a certain amount of simoleons earned by selling the fishes she captured to the supermarket.
    Today i learned that, as opposed to what is expected, sims with the surrounded by family lifetime wish are kind of insensitive 😂
    My elder sim with this lifetime wish has triggered a wish for having a bachelor party in the moment that his all life husband, love of her life, died. The ripper was just arriving, her husband's ghost was just leaving his flesh, and instead of great pain, all she wanted was a crazy bachelor party. She hasn't even any love interest besides her husband but she no doubt wants to move on 😂😂
  • OmairaOmaira Posts: 666 Member
    I don't know if this is a coincidence or not, so if someone else has experience this please do let us know! I had an alien sim added to my household, befriended my sim and was asked to move in, while my sim and alien sim were at the elixir store the alien sim ate a magic jelly bean from the plant outside and died there and then. She was resurrected with ambrosia.
    Anyhow, in another game another alien sim ate a jelly bean and died (with just the one jelly bean). Do alien sims have an allergic reaction to jelly beans? I do not let any aliens eat jelly beans anymore. I know that jelly beans can kill sims but not at that speed surely!
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    I just found out there is an ant farm in the sims 3. It comes with the sims 3 pets. You can only watch it but I thought that was pretty cool.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
    Yesterday ive learned that sims can catch bugs and snakes from the floor. I've just got supernatural and pets eps. I guess this is from pets but it fits really well my new evil alchemy practicioner sim.
  • TalonflareTalonflare Posts: 47 Member
    Today I learned that If your sim dies and has a pet when the Grim Reaper shows up the pet can harass the Reaper to bring the sim back! A pretty neat little thing if you had to ask me.
    original.gif
    Just a little Smile.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top