Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you use cheats?

Comments

• Jon the WizardJon the Wizard Posts: 268 Member
    No, I never use cheats
    I don't use cheats. The closest I get is using the reset code to get a sim un-stuck.
  • simsgirl2619simsgirl2619 Posts: 14 New Member
    Yes, I use cheats all the time
    I typically use cheats if I have more than 4 household members. Also when starting out I use cheats for money a lot.
  • GardeningSimmerGardeningSimmer Posts: 41 Member
    No, I never use cheats
    I am really surprised how many people use cheats! I thought less people will. It's not bad of course, just surprising! I personally can't do it haha
  • haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    I sometimes use cheats
    I seldom use bb.moveobjects and at times there's a background sim who needs freerealestate. Lately I have also needed resetsim more when water glasses have got glued in my sims' hands :#

@musteni Oooh I didn't know about headlineeffects! It will be useful when I take screenshots of my sims that live alone or whole family screenshots! :smile:
  • SimsandraSimsandra Posts: 315 Member
    I sometimes use cheats
    I cheat forCAS and MOO, but lately I cheat often on the household needs via mail box.
    I have a lot of trouble in real life atm, and I want to play Sims 4 to relax in the evening and at the moment I can't stand the red bars, so I cheat my sims happy 😅
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    I sometimes use cheats
    Depending on what particular trait or object I want for my sims.
    However, I never use mods.
  • katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    I sometimes use cheats
    @GlacierSnow He-he, I could see that. I still liked it before I used cheats (was trying for the trophies on the PS4), but it was a different style of play afterwards. Less survival and more chaos-causing. >:)
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
  • phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    Once I've mastered playing without cheats, I see no reason not to use them. I can do a rags to riches, or 7 toddlers, but if I want to just be rich and never sleep and start off with an ideal career, cheats will let me. I can always turn them back off!
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • SquirrelTail15SquirrelTail15 Posts: 259 Member
    I sometimes use cheats
    Depends for me. If I'm doing a challenge, then no. If I'm playing sandbox or want to start my family off as really rich for part of their story, then yes. I also use stuff like skill and promotion cheats for storytelling.
    banner.png
  • L33tP33tNWL33tP33tNW Posts: 398 Member
    What would the sims 4 be without cheats?
    ID: L33tP33tNW
    she/her
    AKA Doggers123

pJYI4la.png
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    I sometimes use cheats
    mostly cheats to fix bug issues, and bb move objects stuff like that

not a fan of motherlode tbh
  • cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    I use CAS.FullEditMode the most, mostly when improving a Sim I made before, or redoing a townie (which after learning I can force the game to use Gallery Sims from my tray in MCCC may no longer be needed as much) as well as buydebugmode and liveeditobjects for (decorative) vehicles, smaller decorative items and occasionally, the freeze ray.
  • becks1112becks1112 Posts: 919 Member
    I sometimes use cheats
    I use things like MOO. I don't use money cheats because it takes away the challenge for me (and TS4 is already way too easy even without money cheats).
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    i always use cheats in the sims4
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    I am really surprised how many people use cheats! I thought less people will. It's not bad of course, just surprising! I personally can't do it haha

I've cheated in Sims since the first time I entered "klapacious" in 2001. Then came Rosebud and Motherlode. Now the money cheats aren't that interesting, since sims will make a lot of money regardless. So I cheat to get them a nice house, that's it.

I use fulleditmode all the time, but never MOO. To me Moo isn't a safe cheat, things can go wrong, so I avoid it. I never download builds that use MOO, they're difficult to edit.
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    I use move objects and the hidden objects cheats. I also subtract money via cheat. It is just way too easy to make money.
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    No, I never use cheats
    Whenever I’ve used a cheat in the past, I would feel terribly guilty afterwards, and I would often quit without saving.
  • taschatascha Posts: 52 Member
    I sometimes use cheats
    I sometimes use money cheats, but am not into the move objects cheats because I hate when I place a build from the gallery and nothing really fits properly where they have placed it haha
  • divanthesimmerdivanthesimmer Posts: 1,462 Member
    edited March 2020
    Yes! For everything! I recommend using the UI Cheats mod - it's a necessity to me at this point and gives you control over everything in a matter of a few clicks.
    phULnBI.png
    Check out my SimLit blog here: https://ageekylegacy.wordpress.com/
    Follow me on Twitter @divanthesimmer
    Follow me on Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/dashboard/blog/divanthesimmer
    Origin ID: divanthesimmer
  • GguyGguy Posts: 254 Member
    edited March 2020
    I sometimes use cheats
    Most of the time just when i'm designing photo sets or preparing scenes for the machinima i still haven't started working on. I do however use cheats like bb.showliveeditobjects to give myself further customization options (shutting it off as soon as i'm done). Some of them really add personality to certain lots i create.
  • QueenarellaQueenarella Posts: 3,379 Member
    edited March 2020
    I sometimes use cheats
    I mainly use 3 cheats:

1) headlineeffects on/off for screenshots
    2) reset Sim "name"
    3) freerealestate on when I play the bachelor part of my current challenge :)

All the other cheats are either part of MCCC in my game or take away the fun for me. I don't like money cheats at all. That's the best part of a new safe: starting all broke :D
    Post edited by Queenarella on
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    Yes! For everything! I recommend using the UI Cheats mod - it's a necessity to me at this point and gives you control over everything in a matter of a few clicks.

Oh my goodness, I've used this mod so long, its a natural part of my game play, and I completely forgot I had it :D I just love it so much! Especially for friendships, because it seems every one of my sims need to be friends with every OTHER sim. The game pushes other sims on yours all the time, so I figure if my sim is already a friend to the rest of the world, they'd get some peace! They don't, but ok....

Sorry, the friend pushing is one of my fav pet peeves, because the GAME is pushy, its not up to the player.
  • AjaGioAjaGio Posts: 262 Member
    I sometimes use cheats
    I just use the money and satifaction cheat :)
  • Raider9144Raider9144 Posts: 4 New Member
    I sometimes use cheats
    I only use cheats when it's absolutely necessary.
  • divanthesimmerdivanthesimmer Posts: 1,462 Member
    Kathykins wrote: »

Oh my goodness, I've used this mod so long, its a natural part of my game play, and I completely forgot I had it :D I just love it so much! Especially for friendships, because it seems every one of my sims need to be friends with every OTHER sim. The game pushes other sims on yours all the time, so I figure if my sim is already a friend to the rest of the world, they'd get some peace! They don't, but ok....

Sorry, the friend pushing is one of my fav pet peeves, because the GAME is pushy, its not up to the player.

Lol, yes! And you can become enemies with someone and chat to them like nothing happened two seconds later.
    phULnBI.png
    Check out my SimLit blog here: https://ageekylegacy.wordpress.com/
    Follow me on Twitter @divanthesimmer
    Follow me on Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/dashboard/blog/divanthesimmer
    Origin ID: divanthesimmer