Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happen in your game today/most recently?

Comments

• hushfireflyhushfirefly Posts: 1,931 Member
    @hzm02 Haha I had forgot about magicoins! Well I'm glad that you are having blast playing them your way! That is how I played them in Sims 1, had a whole witches vs warlocks story going on that I remember fondly. Hopefully using witches in a Legacy will be spicy enough for me then when the time comes :tongue:

@fullspiral I'm so sorry that you had to abandon your beach apartments after all the time you put it in and the excitement you felt for it :cry: But good on you getting straight back into it. Love the idea of a small coastal town and wow that their relationships carried through! Moving from computer to computer can sometimes not work out that great at all. I really like the vibe of the house from what I can see in those pics. It looks beachy :smiley: Are Blake and Rose a couple? Or just living together?

@deluxie Lol creepy mascots. I always lock all the doors in college, so the mascots just stay on the front lawn. They annoy me so much!

@Rflong7 Awww, I know that process too well. Unfortunately I can't even install from my disks anymore :disappointed: I was lucky I still have the digital copy they put out that time. Can't wait to see what you do with a fresh start!

@Sel I am shocked :o Shocked I tell you!!! :wink:
    Every little piece of your life, will mean something to someone.
    screenshot-3jj.jpg
  • Demery27Demery27 Posts: 222 Member
    Finally went to play With Beau Broke, Lillian Pleasant, Luna Pleasant, and Lucy Burb. (I put them in College and in the same house). Beau can't wait to start his life with Lillian after they graduate college. Luna is focused on her studies and keeping in contact with her parents. Lucy misses her Baby Sister Lila and her parents she plans to invite them to her house soon.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    edited March 2020
    @hushfirefly Thanks :) Blake and Rose live together but aren't married yet and they just consider it a piece of paper. They have a beachfront house. :) They are more "ambitious" and have different goals in life than Paul and Terri who want lots of children and wanted to get married right away. Rose is more materialistically driven and wants all the good things in life that money can buy and they want to show it off with big dinner parties and things like that. Blake is fine with that. They will get their "kid kicks" being Auntie and Uncle, although they may get a dog at some point. Just not now while they are so career-driven.

ETA: I imagine Rose and Blake would be the types for prenuptials before marriage, lol, but I don't think that's a thing in the game.
    edited March 2020
    @Demery27 Oooo, you put Beau with Lillian! Don't see them paired up that much, so that's interesting. Any reason why you chose that pairing? Aww, Luna and Lucy sound like a such sweet Sims :smile: Hope Sim life works out well for them both after college!

@fullspiral Fully understand the "kid kicks" being a single Aunty haha Are you just focusing on them for awhile? Or doing rotations? I am so sure there is a mod for prenup, like a more advanced ACR? Unless I'm thinking of a Sims 3 mod :confused:

Played last night so the twins would age and get their milestones out of the way. I HATE potty training :rage:
    Aderyn reached her LTW of Criminal Mastermind!
    02.jpg
    I keep being blindsided by these deaths! This was the only shot I could get. I didn't even notice it was happening until I went to try and switch to her to help with the twins birthday :disappointed: Brenda reached 80 sim years than died 15 mins after. She had reached Platinum so she will join her husband in the beginnings of the family cemetery.
    03.jpg
    Blodwen and Branwen had their birthdays. There is still a little bit of difference, facially, but we'll see when they're children if they are identical or not.
    04.jpg
    05.jpg
    Awesome Uncle Aeolus taught the twins both how to walk(Blodwen) and talk(Branwen) :blush:
    06.jpg
    07.jpg
    Next update will be the twins as kids and Aeolus as an Elder!
    screenshot-3jj.jpg
    @hushfirefly I will play on rotation once I get them all set up where I want them and the new apartment complex built. I also need to build a couple of restaurants.

Your sims are awesome! Looks like I need to grab some more cc at some point too! I usually play with aging off but since I want to play the families properly in this game I will have to age them up accordingly as I am ready. I hate to see my beloved sims die, but I really need to let go and then carry on with the kids.

Your twins are so sweet. I bet you are looking forward to seeing them grow up.
    @hushfirefly If I can remember when Beau first saw Lillian they both had the hearts icon above their head and they wanted to be friends with each other.Their chemistry bolts are a three if I can remember, I think they're cute even though Beau is her Aunt's (Angela Pleasant) Brother-in-Law lol.
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,584 Member
    Now Fraps isn't working. So ready to go back to Win7. :cry:

• NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    I have just started playing Sims 2 today. Not quite for the first time, but for "real" this time. Had to take some time to make it run properly on my fancy schmancy modern stationary computer :D

But I love it. I still have some crashing issues and the suggested fixes for it don't seem to work for me. Nevertheless, it's such a cool game.

After rotating between some of the families to get to know them, I've now landed on the Curious brothers in Strangetown. Tycho was just born and I decided to have Pascal and Nervous Subject become romantically involved. It was very cute and Nervous left after a sweet first kiss (yay!). Not long after though, Loki decided to come by and be nasty to Pascal. I kinda took that personal as it was if he was scolding Pascal. Butt out of Nervous' relations :|

Oh well. I have also enjoyed playing a bit with the Specter and Smith families.

I'm not at all very familiar with the workings of this game, so that's interesting. I have the Ultimate collection, so there should be plenty for me to explore. I'm a little stressed by the fact that time passes. So used to have aging disabled and under control in the other Sims games. Thank goodness for the pause button :D

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

Nindigo wrote: »
    I have just started playing Sims 2 today. Not quite for the first time, but for "real" this time. Had to take some time to make it run properly on my fancy schmancy modern stationary computer :D

But I love it. I still have some crashing issues and the suggested fixes for it don't seem to work for me. Nevertheless, it's such a cool game.

After rotating between some of the families to get to know them, I've now landed on the Curious brothers in Strangetown. Tycho was just born and I decided to have Pascal and Nervous Subject become romantically involved. It was very cute and Nervous left after a sweet first kiss (yay!). Not long after though, Loki decided to come by and be nasty to Pascal. I kinda took that personal as it was if he was scolding Pascal. Butt out of Nervous' relations :|

Oh well. I have also enjoyed playing a bit with the Specter and Smith families.

I'm not at all very familiar with the workings of this game, so that's interesting. I have the Ultimate collection, so there should be plenty for me to explore. I'm a little stressed by the fact that time passes. So used to have aging disabled and under control in the other Sims games. Thank goodness for the pause button :D

@Nindigo You can turn aging off in Sims 2 if you want to while you explore the game. Just put it in the cheats.
    Turn cheats on with:
    boolprop testingcheatsenabled true

and then put in

aging off
    @fullspiral Love building restaurants, just community lots in general. Nothing more satisfying than designing it and then your Sims visiting it <3 My CC folder has 15 years worth haha. If I could tell my past simming self one thing it would be label your cc, put each in individual folders and keep the jpgs if they come with them! Have no idea what half of them are :lol: Yea, I've always played with aging off. I get too attached to my adult sims. This is the first time I've had my first created sims die. I think the furthest I've ever gotten in a legacy or just a normal playthrough, is now, with Gen Two as toddlers. So I'm really happy that I've finally pushed myself to expand the family tree further. Twins may look sweet but they don't have many nice points. I really want to see what their faces look like!

@Demery27 The chemistry never lies haha it does make things awkward though! I'm not looking forward to the expanded family tree when relatives start hitting on each other :grimace: Might have to grab a mod for that, so gross.

@Rflong7 Sorry it's all becoming so much trouble :disappointed: Hope you find a workaround without going back to Win7!

@Nindigo Glad you got it up and running! That's no small feat these days :wink: Don't think I've ever played the Curious Household but I do know they are fan favourites, especially Nervous! Aww, Pascal and Nervous are such a cute couple :blush: I remember Loki would always be a pain to my sims. Kicking over the garbage can or stealing their paper :angry: I've never heard of the method @fullspiral helpfully suggested to turn aging off in Sims 2. I've always just done Ctrl + Shift + C, then type aging off in the text box and enter. You can also type help to get the other commands :smile:
    screenshot-3jj.jpg
  • MustamabaMustamaba Posts: 1 New Member
    Nothing much apart from furnishing some bathrooms, but I noticed today that the Sims 4 toilet paper holder has options with the roll both the "right" and the "wrong" way. This is incredible, I never even noticed.
    @hushfirefly Lol I know hopefully I'll be able to update you guys on Friday with some Pictures and Stories trying to rotate between Sims 2 and Sims 4
    @Mustamaba That is a cool detail! Though this is the thread for Sims 2 :wink:

@Demery27 Looking forward to it and wow trying to rotate between both games!

Birthday time! Twins grew into kids. Branwen on the left, Blodwen on the right. To me, Blodwen's face seems rounder while Branwen's is longer and angular.
    01.jpg
    Aeolus had his B'day the day after. I invited all his lovers to his party for some drama. Unfortunately after he aged up, he just went straight to gaming with his nieces :confused: His guests wanted to join and sit with him but Sterling decided to lounge and not leave the couch. Oh well!
    02.jpg
    03.jpg
    screenshot-3jj.jpg
    edited March 2020
    Just adorable Sims, @hushfirefly

I've been trying to get back into my BaCC but I've lost interest in rotation play - again. :(
    New Sim and Challenge time! I think I'll combine a few challenges. Like the OWBC, the Towering Legacy, and the Homemaker Challenge; with a few adjustments to fit. :)

I made two new Sims for it. Homie Simson (yes, it's wrong on purpose). :mrgreen:
    kIr0GAU.png

and Margie, who is turned into a townie to marry Homie. :blush:
    Ben2CuV.jpg

I like Homie but Margie isn't that close. :(

Can you tell what I've been watching (again)? :lol:

*Homie eating lunch at his new bar, Joe's.
    jDBUv86.jpg
    Post edited by Rflong7 on
    Hello Guys nice to see your Stories I decided to play the Newson family I dislike how they have no parents and that their older siblings are taking care of them with no life of their own. So I sent the two oldest ones to college (when I sent Beau and them to college) I realized the 4 younger kids were in an apartment on their own so, I decided to create a Cousin for them named Laura Sims. I moved them out the apartment I had them in and into a bigger home with plenty of space (they love their new home by the way). Georgia and Garrett grew up very well from Toddlers now I'm waiting on Gabriella and Gallagher to grow into teens so I can treat them all to a nice needed vacation I'll find Laura a love interest soon so she can live her own life. Happy Saturday to you all😇
    @Demery27 How sweet. :)
    When I played them, I sent the two teens to Uni from the neighborhood screen so the toddlers would be safe at home until they graduated. As long as you don't go in the lot with them alone. It was nice when they got home all grown up. :)

Since I'm playing the Towering Legacy, I can only build a 8x8 box house, I build a tiny, modified Simpson house. :lol:
    JstURTC.jpg
  • SvineprutterSvineprutter Posts: 2,302 Member
    You never know, until You know

so we went to the Romance Festival, to learn the truth.
    It turned out to be not so bad, cause they light up the darkness and ease our burden, like a burning donekey.
    lWov9io.png
    xegVVw4.png
    IEcSepJ.png
    54tKrgU.png
    Zpj9msL.png
    Hi, @Svineprutter It's cute. I don't have any TS4 expansions. This is TS2, by the by. :cookie:

@Rflong7 Thanks I honestly had forgot them since I've been doing rotational plays with the other families from previous threads but I'll play them for a while until they all grow up into teens
  • SvineprutterSvineprutter Posts: 2,302 Member
    edited March 2020
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    Hi, @Svineprutter It's cute. I don't have any TS4 expansions. This is TS2, by the by. :cookie:

Hello :)
    It's been a long time huh?
    (Sorry, I missed the Sims 2 part of the title of thread and will not post more)
    The Sims 3 site is still active. I was surpriced to see that. Sadly, I can not get mine to work anymore. I tried to play a bit on my Playstation, but had no idea how it worked, hahahaha.
    So, it's Sims 4 for me and I have played a lot lately. It's either on or off with Sims, for me.
    The sim I play atm is made by Brennachan. I bet You heard of her.
    Early morning ingame and garden taken care of before it's time for school.
    Are You still making worlds for Sims 3?
    RHgqJqr.png
    Zpj9msL.png
    @Rflong7 Always love how you do so many different challenges! Lol at the "Simson" family and "Joe's". Bo's Cavern would've also been acceptable :lol: Cute that you named them Homie and Margie and that house looks so close to the original. You did an amazing job for your limitations!!! I think TS4 players are posting here because this thread shows on the board page from the recent activity here every day.

@Demery27 That's a nice way of playing with the Newson family! Their situation is so sad :disappointed: I would age up the younger kids immediately when I played them, so the two teens could live their lives more. Plus more teens, means more teens having jobs :wink:

My playthrough atm is trying to run out the clocks on the twins. Soooo, not much really happening but skilling.
    Aeolus in his Elder stage, seems to want to be with only one of his many lovers, Adrienne.
    snapshot-2b31f363-6b7976cc.jpg
    Blodwen reached A+ status. Branwen did also but Blodwen hogged all the glory to mum that she lost interest showing off.
    snapshot-2b31f363-4b797d23.jpg
    For a reward for her good grades, I introduced Blodwen to her future career path :naughty: Might as well take advantage since she's dating her Uncle :tongue:
    snapshot-2b31f363-8b798266.jpg
    screenshot-3jj.jpg
  • Raider9144Raider9144 Posts: 4 New Member
    When I was young, I thought about getting TS2, but didn't. Got MySims Spies or whatever it was called. I now realize that I made a mistake :(
    @Svineprutter I'm sure we don't mind. I just don't want you to wonder why there aren't a lot of comments on your pictures. :)
    I just got a new computer and had to make all the adjustments to my 2 favorite games to be able to play them. I thought I had it all down but still had to go looking for more instructions once I messed up my files. :lol:

I haven't made a new world since last November. I am thinking about making a topic for ideas but I can't yet. My granddaughter is coming today for a week because school closures. I won't have time for a long while to even play much. which is why I had a fun day of playing yesterday. :mrgreen:

@hushfirefly Thanks! I seem to have more fun with "weird" Sims.
    Your Sims are adorable. I think it's cute how he likes one of his loves more. :heart:
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    In one household I have a Sim named Chris who is running a home beauty salon. He makes good money and it's nice to be able to change townie hair and do make overs of them. But I wish the game would send different Sims. the same ones come back because of customer loyality. I think his business is level three right now. In the Newson household I put them in a real dire shack, it's the download from Cradle of Darkness site, Drops of Silence house... >:) I think that's a replica from Far Cry or Fallout, and or Silent Hill. I have a lot of creepy, desperate stuff in my gmae. :D It was hard with no nice furniture or nice home but broken stuff (included in the cc) sent the oldest to college then he came back to raise the rest of them. I'm not sure I will make their lives better with new walls, paint and clean up the bug ridden yard (cc) it's sort of fun to play them out living a very hard life, but the kids make good grades anyway. They don't seem to be too stress out to live in such a run down place, and or with broken tubs and commodes and turned over furniture. :D
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    @hushfirefly Yes their Situation is so sad which is why I plan on giving them a happy ending that they deserve :) I love your sims by the way they are so pretty

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top