Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Quality Assurance

LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,176 Member
Hi,

The most of time the content is very good but sometimes things go wrong.
After 6 years of TS4 and 14 years of experience The Sims Studio should master what they do.

These things need seriously to be improved :
  • Snowball fight
  • Lounge chair
  • Eyebrow piercing
  • Pants for feminine male
  • "Teen Neighborhood" lot trait -- Fixed !

le3qfn10.jpgyqcs7i10.jpg
4t2v9z0by8lz.jpg

Post edited by LeGardePourpre on

Comments

• SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    There also needs to be a release of all maculine tops for woman sims.
  • under_sun_and_skyunder_sun_and_sky Posts: 96 Member
    They SERIOUSLY need to remesh/retexture clothes for sims with a fem body wearing masc clothes and vice versa. It was a great idea but it was obviously rushed and sloppily done. The pants are bad but the tops especially so. There are very few masc tops a female sim can wear without the boobs looking all wonky, and the fem tops for masc sims still have the underboob shadows painted on which look very odd. It makes dressing trans sims a pain.
    tumblr_pg992c6rBP1r42s8uo1_400.gifv
  • SimsprocfunSimsprocfun Posts: 1,499 Member
    I believe they have a tool which does clothes convertion automatically. After tool has apllied convertion, I assume nothing has been changed manually to improve the result.
    Gender patch was to late imo, it has to come with the base game, when system is ready and polished. I believe in the Sims 4 we will stuck with what we have atm. I hope next iteration will include this feature immediately beeing adjusted and polished.
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    That's a very short list. After 14 years, I expect a lot more than that even. I've come to realize though, there isn't much for quality assurance with this version of the game. Just look at ROM. They specifically said that you could sell potions and it works with GTW. It took them 3-4 months to add this in because it was indeed not in there at launch. Same pack and the potions of immortality are still broken. If you change households, the sim dies of old age. That's just 2 examples from ONE pack.

They do not test or test cross pack and if they do it's extremely limited. How do you even say that something will be there at launch when it's blazingly obvious within 5 minutes of play that it is not?

How do they even release a lounge chair like that? All other chairs in the game work for multitasking. In this instance the only thing that's changed is the sim's sitting position. Yet all the other interactions are missing?

I have yet to see a real life human with eye brow piercing above their eyebrows and not through them. Where did they even get this model?

The cross gender clothing was a fantastic idea in theory, and it likely should have been base game, since IRL I can buy clothes from whatever rack I'd like in stores. It does seem rushed though and untested as not a lot actually meshes like it should/could.

It boggles my mind that CC creators and modders can fix all of these issues for free in a few days of releases yet the teams getting PAID to do these things can't seem to make it work in months/years.

Oh and the snowball and water balloon fights... Omg. Kudos to the sims able to throw them with their arms extended out right backwards... my arms sure can't move like that and even better they can actually hit their targets?! Ha!

At this point, I think TS4 is what is and they really don't care.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    @Camkat Wow, I haven't even heard of the ROM woes. I'm very glad I didn't cave and purchase the pack, despite really liking magic now and then in my game.

As ridiculous as it may sound, I think how they released the lounge chair is pretty symbolic of The Sims 4 at large. The game didn't ship with many groundbreaking features as The Sims 3 did, but multitasking was one of them. How do you wait so long to release an object for the reason of "wanting to do it right" only to have it incompatible with one of the few selling points of The Sims 4???

But what do I know? Back to my 15-year-old game that manages to have Sims actually face each other when playing with one another. :lol:
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,176 Member
    edited March 2020
    I still hope the Live Service will help to improve them.

Recently a survey asked which packs need to be polished.
    I still hope the Live Service will help to improve them.

Recently a survey asked which packs need to be polished.

That survey was flawed too. Much like everything lately, it was half done. It should have been a rating a system. Simply asking people "do you want x,y and z added to the game?" isn't good enough. Obviously everyone is going to say yes. Who doesn't want more things added or fleshed out? Asking us to put them into an order of importance would have been a much better way to go about this. They even complained afterwards that everyone just wanted everything and they seemed unsure where to go next with that.... *facepalm*

Also asking us with packs need to be polished was great in theory, but again, incomplete. I want GTW polished. I didn't get to say what or why though, so... they're supposed to guess what I think is missing or broken from this pack? (For example).

Unless they're going to come up with a follow up survey to clarify all of this, I wonder if we actually will see anything truly come of it other than maybe a winter vacation pack.

• ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    I really want them to upgrade the gallery so that we can share apartments. I do not understand how it's been 4 years since City Living and we still can't share apartments.
  • SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    edited March 2020
    Yes, yes, and yes on all your points, especially with the continued flaws with cross-gender clothing compatibility (a lot of feminine tops still have obvious breasts not just in shadow, but in the very mesh of the top itself on male sims) and the snowball/water balloon fights. The last part is my biggest disappointment with "Seasons," because I really loved how lively and fun the water balloon and snowball fights were in TS2's version of the pack, and to see a version in the latest game that's 90% standing idle is really, really lame. I was hoping for them to be something fun to watch my sims do together...and it ended up being a huge flop both in terms of the animations themselves and the long lag times between animations (Really, I'm playing on a Dell G7 gaming laptop with an Intel i7 processor and a dedicated graphics card, but the sims still throw, like, 1 snowball after standing around idly like they're not doing anything at all for about 30 seconds. No. Bad.).

ROM's Magic HQ is another QA thing that should be brought up. It's not really a great or interesting build at all. Put the walls up, and the wall texture in the main hall is dull and bland, and there are few if any decorations on the walls (not good for screenshots or the occasional "walls-up immersion mode" at all). Glass roofs were added to the base game in June 2018, and they didn't even put them on this build...which is probably the perfect pre-built building to have a glass dome on!! It's like they were rushing to get the pack out, they put Jimmy the Unpaid Intern on building the pre-made buildings, and came to him when he was 70% done with Magic HQ and said, "Good enough. Slap some roofs on top and save the lot, most people play with all the walls turned off anyway." It's really pitiful...

Oh, and remember when they changed relationship decay so that it was so fast that if you didn't talk to a sim in, like, one sim week they forgot you even existed? Yeah, that was a really bad patch. So bad, in fact, that it finally convinced me to cave and get MC Command Center, because that insane relationship decay made it almost impossible to play a more socially laid-back sim, let alone play rotationally. It's like, did no one test that with sims that aren't always up in their friends' faces every day or with a rotational playstyle? No? I mean, seriously!

And don't get me started on the highchairs; or that glitch where, if the space where a sim is playing with a Toddler is a certain size, the sim playing with the kid has their arms go wonky and the animations totally break; or even how "Check on Toddler" is an autonomous action for our sims even when autonomy is off, which can totally mess up a perfectly well orchestrated morning routine set-up, because "Check on Toddler" cancels out whatever action you had lined up for the kid, which can really get in the way of urgent potty runs or the kid heading down the stairs themself to make breakfast time easier to manage (particularly if we're talking single parent households with multiple Toddlers)...
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    Or that sims routinely go through walls and into furniture and other sims. In TS2 you need to add ghost traits via Simpe for that to happen. Or the often lamented behaviour issues of all kinds. Or the ludicrous outfits for unplayed sims out in public that's so bad it has a large topic on just that (admittedly the fashion fails are good for much needed laughs). Having made games I know first hand how easy it is for something to go wrong, and therefore how essential it is for thorough testing before the game goes out the door. Having worked for years in QA in aerospace I have a simple rule, get it right. If an engine conks the pilot can't pull over to the side of the road and wait for the state police. Same principle here.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    They do have a Quality Assurance problem, some things are overlooked or approved too quickly. Things like the eyebrow piercing or the the pants that the OP mentioned are things that the QA should have picked up and they should have gone back and fixed before releasing.

Things like the lounge chair are surprising, because there are some good animations with it, like when they are sunbathing, but the idle animation when they are just using it is a 3-second loop.

Maybe the problem is time and the fact that, animations, QA, retuning and balance are things that are harder to outsource or improve when they want to release so many packs in a year.

Or they are not interested in improving them because they want new players, not focusing on keeping people playing.
    edited March 2020
    logion wrote: »
    They do have a Quality Assurance problem, some things are overlooked or approved too quickly. Things like the eyebrow piercing or the the pants that the OP mentioned are things that the QA should have picked up and they should have gone back and fixed before releasing.

Things like the lounge chair are surprising, because there are some good animations with it, like when they are sunbathing, but the idle animation when they are just using it is a 3-second loop.

Maybe the problem is time and the fact that, animations, QA, retuning and balance are things that are harder to outsource or improve when they want to release so many packs in a year.

Or they are not interested in improving them because they want new players, not focusing on keeping people playing.

I'd actually thought this too and when you think on it, it seems like that's exactly what they are doing yet it's utterly ridiculous in my mind. What good are all the new players if they don't stay and play? If the game is so borked, buggy, and shallow, they will play and once the novelty wears off, off they go to the next thing. You'd think you would want to keep people interested so that they stay and do buy the next pack. The money for them isn't in the base game anymore. That's sold for next to nothing lately and been even given off free on occasion, the money is selling the extra packs now, which they won't get if they don't pick up some of this slack. (Unless of course, the people that blindly buy all packs for whatever reason are indeed enough to support them).

I dunno, I just think that as a company, you'd think that they'd actually want to do better, yet that doesn't seem to be the case. These examples listed in this post are only just a few too, the list in actuality, is much larger.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited March 2020
    Camkat wrote: »

I'd actually thought this too and when you think on it, it seems like that's exactly what they are doing yet it's utterly ridiculous in my mind. What good are all the new players if they don't stay and play? If the game is so borked, buggy, and shallow, they will play and once the novelty wears off, off they go to the next thing. You'd think you would want to keep people interested so that they stay and do buy the next pack. The money for them isn't in the base game anymore. That's sold for next to nothing lately and been even given off free on occasion, the money is selling the extra packs now, which they won't get if they don't pick up some of this slack. (Unless of course, the people that blindly buy all packs for whatever reason are indeed enough to support them).

I dunno, I just think that as a company, you'd think that they'd actually want to do better, yet that doesn't seem to be the case. These examples listed in this post are only just a few too, the list in actuality, is much larger.

It doesn't feel like they are interested in keeping people playing. I think the 20th anniversary hot tub was a confirmation of that.
    They have spent more money and effort for marketing ads than they did celebrating people who have played their games for 20 years.

They focus on things that draw in new players, it doesn't matter if those things work poorly as long as they are there and you can celebrate and promote that they are there so you can draw in new players.

The sims4 is like fast food. It is cheap, fast, and it fills your hunger but not much else.

The sims4 is like fast food. It is cheap, fast, and it fills your hunger but not much else.

That's a perfect analogy.

I still do have a rough time trying to wrap my head around the business sense of it. It just doesn't make sense to draw people in but not keep them. In a game that sells packs and add ons, you really need people to keep playing once you've hooked them. I'll never understand EA logic.

• OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    That's because there is none. Logic says to build a high quality product that will essentially sell itself because happy players spread the word to their friends. It says to quickly and throughly address any issiues that arise. It says that any added material will be of the same high quality, work as advertised, and be compatible with the base game an previous add-ons. I could say more, but what we have validates the premise.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,176 Member
    edited May 2020
    I add "Teen Neighborhood" lot trait, it never worked.

Fixed :) !
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on