Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims4 needs CAW

Honestly. 5 years and still not caw? I want to create my own worlds whit my own style.
I can't just make windenburg to look like city/modern world since the backdrops of sims4 worlds already have a 'theme'.
I love to build and make different sims but i also would want to make a the world to look how i imagine it to be like. Not only the few houses and sims in small area..
Even if EA could give us giant lots where i can build my own city. That would be fine.
Like if tere would be 200x200 lot i could fit backdrops in there whit debug code and customize it whit terraintool etc.
Big lots in sims 4 are too small for that atm and if we could just get new world whit just 1 giant lot in it? Would be nice.
I got so much builds i want to make but they dont always fit in the world theme or how the world looks outside of the lot and even if i try to zoom in and pretend that there is nothing outside of the lot and it is new world, the lots are way too small for that.
I wish that even one of the simgurus would think and talk about it :/ or atleast say something about it. Is it ever coming?
11.3.2019_1.06.18.png

Comments

• mysph1tmysph1t Posts: 180 Member
    edited July 2022
    (Deleted by user)
    Post edited by mysph1t on
  • SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    I wish that TS4 at least had a TS2 style world creator, where you pick the base map, climate, terrain type, sky box, road types, and background elements/theming (the options for which depend on what packs you have installed, so that you can mix and match maps and elements from your favorite pre-made worlds), and you get an empty world to build and populate as you see fit. They could even set it up so that collectables and secret areas are procedurally generated based on your world's climate and terrain settings. That would be nice...
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • Charlotta11Charlotta11 Posts: 399 Member
    mysph1t wrote: »
    My guess is no. Given that worlds aren't even complete worlds anymore with them being broken up into neighborhoods with each lot being separated by a loading screen, I don't think it's a feature that could be implemented on the current Sims 4 engine. Sims 3 had a very open sandbox world that allowed for lots of customization, albeit with somewhat lacking detail as a result of how the worlds were designed. Sims 4 neighborhoods are very much crafted to have detailed backdrops, though they don't serve any real function. A good example is how Windenburg has lots of buildings in the background, but they're not real houses at all. Just facades to give the illusion of a larger world. I certainly prefer the more open sandbox world design of 3, along with many other features 3 had that were frankly better than 4. At this point I'd be happy if loading screens were only restricted between neighborhoods and not each individual lot.

Yup..:( and cuz of those backdrops its really hard to customize the world. I can only build few lots but i have to built the way that they still match the rest of the world.
    11.3.2019_1.06.18.png
  • Charlotta11Charlotta11 Posts: 399 Member
    I wish that TS4 at least had a TS2 style world creator, where you pick the base map, climate, terrain type, sky box, road types, and background elements/theming (the options for which depend on what packs you have installed, so that you can mix and match maps and elements from your favorite pre-made worlds), and you get an empty world to build and populate as you see fit. They could even set it up so that collectables and secret areas are procedurally generated based on your world's climate and terrain settings. That would be nice...

That would be nice!
    11.3.2019_1.06.18.png
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    I'm pretty positive that the time to hope for a CAW program has passed.

Every new world sparks player imagination and a desire to experience something new. Those worlds also introduce sorely needed real estate which can be sold at a premium.

EA knows this. They're clearly putting lots of time and financial resources into creating worlds that players are anxious to buy. As such, why would they introduce competition that would cut into their bottom line?

I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Cynna wrote: »
    I'm pretty positive that the time to hope for a CAW program has passed.

Every new world sparks player imagination and a desire to experience something new. Those worlds also introduce sorely needed real estate which can be sold at a premium.

EA knows this. They're clearly putting lots of time and financial resources into creating worlds that players are anxious to buy. As such, why would they introduce competition that would cut into their bottom line?

So right about that, the story on Sims 4 has already been planned and spread out already what you getting with Sims 4 right now is all you going to get if not an few minor surprises.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen