Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Pathfinding suddenly completely shot, plus clipping and teleporting (yes I will also file a report)

ARGHHH!

My game is completely bugged. The pathfinding is busted... it started on the Island in Windenburg; suddenly my Sims would jog or bike into trees and bounce really fast for 2-3 seconds and then be teleported thru it.

Now in Shady Sands in Strangerville their newly adopted pitbull Doggo is falling thru the land when taking a walk and then spends the rest of the walk under the ground or suddenly be teleported to the other side of the map with a leash that stretches from one end of the loaded map to the other.

Anyone else has these problems? I hope it's not my edited base save that is corrupted so I have to start off completely vanilla again, because then I will just stop playing. I don't have the energy to redo everything again.
Fingers crossed it is "just" this save.
Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek

Comments

• Hyper_KeyHyper_Key Posts: 26 Member
    Same issue. Has been a thing for quite a while, but I don't remember when it started. It hasn't been bothering me too much, but it tends to be annoying and breaks the immersion.
    Sometimes I have to reset the sims becuase they get stuck somwhere they can't possibly get away from. Like... IN A FENCE.
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    edited March 2020
    It seems the amount of bugs has increased exponentially over the last two or three expansions. My game has always been basically bug free; now I have to Reset a Sim on average three times per Sim Day, mostly because of pathfinding / teleporting issues but also because of action queue locking up and nobody doing anything.
    Post edited by Beardedgeek on
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    That's the price WE pay (besides the money), to have so much content without any major updates. There's should exist a law forcing those developers to update their games before releasing more thigns to update.
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,370 Member
    edited March 2020
    My game has been stuttering and Sims teleporting back and forth plus all kinds of buggy things (same as op described) happening since Discover University patch. It's usually the worst when I start the game and after playing for about 30 minutes it gets better. The stuttering especially will go away after playing for a while, but teleporting and other bugs will stay, but not as extreme as when I open the game.
    Post edited by Kimmer on
  • NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    I don't think I'm having the same issues as you guys, but last night something weird did happen in my game.

I built a house on a 30x20 lot with the walls basically going to 3 of the 4 borders of the lot which means 3 out of 4 sides of the entire lot are fair game for townies to walk past. And also, I built the walls without furnishing part of the house, and it has the Private Dwelling lot trait.

Well, Lily Feng freaked me out because while I was playing I noticed her standing in part of the unfurnished house. There are no doors on that side of the house, so on top of the fact that she wouldn't be on the lot anyways because it's a private dwelling, and my Sim doesn't know her, I don't know how she could have gotten in to the building itself. I left her there and continued to play thinking that if she got in some kind of way, then she can get herself out some kind of way. Well, that didn't happen. Instead, for about a day, she stood in my Sim's house without him even knowing she was there because he doesn't even have access to that part of the house. And then on top of that, Judith Ward somehow also found herself in that area of the house. And Judith and Lily decided that they would become friends and just stood around talking for like a day. I was thinking they would just die of hunger or something, but nothing was indicating that their needs were dropping. So finally, I had to go into build mode and alter the house to let them out. They walked out of the door and down the steps with no problem, as if they had just walked up the stairs and through the door initially.

I mentioned the conditions of the house and lot because I was thinking that due to the proximity of the house's structure to the sidewalk where Sims walk by, maybe that had something to do with why both of them got stuck in the house. I'm not entirely sure though.

edited March 2020
    Started a completely new game after deleting all cache files and folders:

The sim no longer gets blocked in Windenburg but going from east to west the pathfinding just STOPS and the bike goes absolutely straight, thru everything.

Edit: it seems like, indeed, adding bikes to the game frakked up the routing. And not only for bikes. All of these issues became really severe after Uni came out.
    Post edited by Beardedgeek on
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    Playing on the island in windenburg and also have noticed a slight amount of teleporting. Not when jogging yet but in their house yes. Not constant but noticeable for sure. Glad it’s not just me.
    I completely uninstalled the game including all of the Sims 4 folder in the document folder.
    I then reinstalled and tested and it is clearly better.

So, I guess a complete reboot of my game is happening :(
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I've seen the weird thing with pets sinking through the ground in both Forgotten Hollow and Brindleton Bay.
    Sharonia wrote: »
    I've seen the weird thing with pets sinking through the ground in both Forgotten Hollow and Brindleton Bay.

Lesson learned: Only own dogs in flat parts of town :smiley: