Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Missing Choices With Bohemian Garden Set

Hi again. Has anyone been having trouble with the Bohemian Garden set? Not only can I not make blueberry anything; but I can't find blueberries in the store or on the ground. It's been months!
My content was not installing for the longest time. I finally took the advice of Crin, moving my content folder to my desktop and emptying it before reinstalling. Everything was suddenly in the game with up to fourteen copies, including towns. I deleted all the extras, but the blueberry is still missing in its entirety; seed, fruit, pastry. Is there something I can do?
Be safe.

Comments

• RiverBlossomRiverBlossom Posts: 255 Member
    Update! I just looked for the blueberry bush using buydebug, but it's not there either.
    Be safe.
  • Me1620Me1620 Posts: 4,983 Member
    @RiverBlossom - I have not gone in my game yet to see if I can find the blueberries. However, I found this note about the Bohemian Fruit and Nuts from Nona Sim's website
    Bohemian Fruits and Nuts – Plants Won’t Grow
    Help! I bought the Bohemian Garden set form the Sims 3 Store and the Bohemian Fruits and Nuts plants won’t grow! I can’t find the plants at the grocery store, and when I buy the plant from buy debug, nothing happens.

The Bohemian Fruits and Nuts, which are part of the Bohemian Garden set, are Premium Content (for some reason, people don’t seem to consider these plants premium content), and as such, require specific data from the ccmerged.package in the DCBackup in order to function correctly.

Just like the Orange Tree (Grandpa’s Grove), Lemon Tree and Purple Eggplant (Alfresco Set), these plants will not grow if their data is not in the ccmerged. To learn about how to repair the ccmerged (or to download a working one), see: DCBackup, ccmerged.package and Your Premium Content Items

If updating your ccmerged isn’t helping:

It is possible for certain types of mods to cause the Bohemian Fruits and Nuts plants not to grow. If you are using a mod that alters the Store Ingredients XML or the Store Plants XML, these mods will cause the new plants not to work. Remove the mod or download an updated version.
    Make sure you don’t have an old copy of the ccmerged.package hanging out somewhere else in your Sims 3 folder.
    Did you install the set as package files? (Only applicable to people who did not install the set via the Sims 3 Launcher) The scripts for the Bohemian Fruits and Nuts are located in a separate package file, and you might not have noticed this! Make sure you have included the following package file in your Mods folder:
    0xc121afdc04bd47b89e3b5444b35320ef
    Contains the StoreObjectsStoreHarvestables.dll but several resources are called bedDoubleFairy, making it look like a dummy package at first glance.

I would also suggest installing your store content following Ciane's Method for How to Install Store Items. You can view video tutorials of Ciane's Method on ZeeGee's YouTube channel.
    a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
    @RiverBlossom - I loaded my game and I found blueberries for sale in the grocery store for 6 simoleons. My sim was able to grow a berry plant. She made blueberry pancakes. (I made sure blueberries were the only fruit she had in her inventory.)

I also found the blueberry spawner in BuyDebug beside the blackberry spawner.

I would suggest re-downloading the Bohemian Garden Set in case your file is corrupt. If you want to use your current Sims 3 folder, you should uninstall the set and then reinstall the new file.

I think the quickest way to test if your new download file works properly is to install it in a clean game file. In case your game files are corrupted, I would suggest renaming your Sims 3 game folder in Documents\Electronic Arts then allowing the game to create a new the Sims 3 folder. Copy the Bohemian Garden file in the download folder. Install the set from the launcher. Hopefully then would will find the blueberries for sale in the store and that your sim can make blueblerry pancakes.

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
    edited March 2020
    Thanks, but I don't play with mods; and have no ccmergerd package. The content had been working fine; and lately the stores don't sell any fishing books, either! :(
    Be safe.
    The ccmerged.package file is required for premium store content items to work. If you have no ccmerged.package file in Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\DCBackup folder, you could try to fix your file as described by Nona Sims.

On this page she describes what the CCmerge file is.

On this page, Nona gives directions on how to recreate this file.

I am not sure why only fishing books would not show up in the stores :/

• suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    edited March 2020
    A ccmerged file has nothing to do with mods (in case you thought it does), and if you have premium store content, which the plants from Bohemian Garden, including the blueberry plant, are) you at least *had* one in DCBackup. Not sure what all premium store content you own, but none of it is likely to be working if you really don't have a ccmerged file. There are directions on the site Me1620 linked on how to have the game rebuild it, and there is also a downloadable ccmerged file out there (possibly linked on that same site).
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
    I just tried starting a new game with a new family; but the blueberry still doesn't show up. Same thing when I reverted to an older save, where planted blueberry bushes have been removed.

....I'm getting really tired of all these glitches. :/
    Be safe.
    edited March 2020
    Starting a new game won't solve the problem as you are using the same EA folder with the same DCBackup folder and likely missing ccmerge file. A new game uses the same EA folder as a previous saved game. The save files are stored in Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Saves.

I would suggest you create a new Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 folder and reinstall your store content as per Ciane's method. I believe your glitches will clear with a clean Sims 3 folder and reinstalled store items. It will take time to reinstall your store items, but if you follow Ciane's method your store items will likely work properly again. This process has worked for many players to fix problems with store items.

Crinrict gives instructions on how to create a new Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 folder which will reset the game to factory settings without reinstalling

I have quoted her instructions here.
    Resetting the game to factory settings without reinstalling

Many problems can be pinpointed on cc or corruption in your user data. There’s an easy way to reset your game to factory settings without going through the ordeal of reinstalling the whole thing.

Path can be different depending on your OS:
    • Make a backup of theSims3 folder in Documents\ElectronicArts to an external drive.
    • Rename your theSims3 folder in Documents\ElectronicArts to Sims3_Backup
    • Start the game or the launcher (All your save games will be gone, your options will be reset to factory settings and all your store cc will be gone. Not to worry, it’s all still there in that backup folder).
    • A new Sims3 folder will have been recreated in your documents\electronicArts folder. Some folders might be missing for they are only created when you need them.
    • Quit the game and the launcher
    • Move the options.ini file from your backup folder to your newly created folder in documents\electronicArts\thesims3 to recover your graphic/sounds/gameplay options
    • Start your game. You will need to start a new game for the other one is still missing right now.

See if your error is gone. If so, you can put starting the folders back, starting with your saves. Check your game after every folder.
    • This file UserPresets.package is all your custom styles you created in game, so you need to copy that one back as well.
    • The files PassportData.package and ChallengeData.package contain your SimPort and Achievements progress. Make sure to put back.
    • The folder Collections contains your collections. Make sure to put that back.
    • If you had a mods folder in your programs folder, don’t put it back. CC does not go there any more.
    • If you find a mods folder in your documents folder, make sure you only put the stuff back that you know to be compatible
    • ALL CC can be bad and cause problems. If you found out which folder is causing problems, use the 50%-Method to find the guilty parties. Remember that more then one object can be faulty.

If you still have problems after creating a new folder, try the following
    • Go to programs\electronicarts\thesims3 and make sure you DO NOT have a mods folder there. If you do, move that to your desktop. Also make sure that there is no resource.cfg on that level (there will be on in your gamebin folder, don’t delete that one).
    • Repeat above step for every expansion you have.
    • If you have the download version of the game through Origin, make sure there aren’t any left over installation files. They can be found here: programs\Origin Games\<name of the expansion>\__Installer.

• akaniki0akaniki0 Posts: 470 Member
    Mine broke when ea did that update. I just uninstalled any of the store content thay had plants in them and then reinstalled them. I got everything back but plasma fruit, but that was gone for a different reason. It was a little tricky with the tractor because it was tied to grandpa's grove, but you do have to remove them all completely for this method to work.
    I have been considering uninstalling and reinstalling, not for the first time.
    Be safe.
  • KarinLKarinL Posts: 3,989 Member
    Generally glitches are in your documents folder, not in the program files. I think uninstalling and reinstalling the game is really a last resort, it's a ton of work and it is rarely necessary.
    KarinL wrote: »
    Generally glitches are in your documents folder, not in the program files. I think uninstalling and reinstalling the game is really a last resort, it's a ton of work and it is rarely necessary.

I just meant the Bohemian Garden set. :#
    Be safe.
  • suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    @RiverBlossom Suddenly, I started having a problem with my Bohemian Garden plants, too. Sounds like an update may have been the culprit, since I have changed absolutely nothing in my games. Anyway, I went and looked through Nona's info (linked above), found the link to download the ccmerged file and replaced my ccmerged in dcbackup with hers. It has what's needed for all the premium Store content, the vast majority of which I own. You may not own it all, but it doesn't hurt to use this file regardless.

Before, I placed it in my dcbackup, I moved my own ccmerged file to another location, just in case something didn't work right and I would need it.

It did work, though! All my plants are back to normal (in my case, that also included those from Grandpa's Grove, Monte Vista, and Brunch at the Old Mill). This was much, much easier than finding all those files, uninstalling them, and then downloading/installing them again.

Here's the download link: https://www.mediafire.com/file/8qbu927gg9w71yn/ccmerged.zip/file
    Important Note: If you don't have an adblocker, there may be download buttons at the top of the page that are NOT what you want. I do have an adblocker, so I can't see that stuff to tell you anything more specific, but the link you want may be further down the page. My download block says ccmerged at the left and has a green download button with file size 16.59kb to the right.
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
    suzses wrote: »
    @RiverBlossom Suddenly, I started having a problem with my Bohemian Garden plants, too. Sounds like an update may have been the culprit, since I have changed absolutely nothing in my games. Anyway, I went and looked through Nona's info (linked above), found the link to download the ccmerged file and replaced my ccmerged in dcbackup with hers. It has what's needed for all the premium Store content, the vast majority of which I own. You may not own it all, but it doesn't hurt to use this file regardless.

I tried the link, and all it does for me is open a new blank page.
    @KarinL I also have tried deleting the bakery and reinstalling, but even more options are missing now! I can't make pear anything and blueberry is still gone. Although strangely, I could order blueberry foods when she went to China. And if I'm correct, you're supposed to be able to make all the same types of cobbler as you can make with pies; but my only cobbler options are apple, cherry and plum.
    Be safe.
  • micandra_cmicandra_c Posts: 51 Member
    I can't even dl the Bohemian Garden set from the store. I get a error has accrued.