Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do you play the sims 4 aging on or off ?

2...Next

Comments

• EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
    Usually aging on here. When I want to play longer with some Sims I change the life span so they live longer :)
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    edited October 2019
    In my main game/save it's off for everyone and will remain so.

But I also just started a legacy save and once the kids have turned into teens I will turn on autoaging for everybody.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• crashhat141crashhat141 Posts: 90 Member
    I've been playing the sims since the original sims 1 on console, and have never played with aging on
  • MicxiMicxi Posts: 29 Member
    I play with aging on because it feels more realistic, but I change the settings so that they live longer.
  • FaeChaiFaeChai Posts: 87 Member
    Aging on. I like to see the world around make some progression. If I don't want them to die too soon I make the life span Long.
  • unknowed21196unknowed21196 Posts: 8 New Member
    Age off and age the families I play with manually. Main reason because I hate when townies die, get replaced with a new one and when you visit their house it’s totally empty. Not even kitchen and/or bathroom. I like to visit the townies that I can visit and get irritated when they live in an empty home.
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    It would be good if we had a age freeze potion , I know we have the potion of youth etc but to be able to pick and choose what sims age or doesn't and drink it once lol, the potion of youth is definitely good if you just want to prolong your sims life though :-)
    I know this is an old thread but I play my game more differently ever since the gallery got released, when a generation dies I can completely change the worlds , for the first time ever all my sims and townies have aging on, I felt normal is too short so I set it to long for everyone, I have a few families to break it down abit, I think long is too long with one family 😂, I love the fact that if my sims make friends etc they all age up by themselves
  • Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,094 Member
    I usually do aging off. I have too much I want to do and not enough time. I guess I play rotational because I'm trying to have multiple households in one save.
    edited April 2020
    When I play with aging off I personally end up just playing one sim, no pets or kids, not using all my packs, I personally like the aging on but on long, it makes me want my sim to have children eventually and sometimes have pets in some generations, I normally start my game with just one sim focus on them, focus on their careers, give them roommates through university pack, in a cheap apartment, I normally turn my first sim into a vampire after they have had a child, so I have humans in my sims family, then I eventually add witches in the family as the generations go on, I eventually add all the occults and also have some normal sims in the same family, its quite an interesting family tree 😂 and when am wanting a break I play premades too break it down a bit
  • Mia_bearMia_bear Posts: 5 New Member
    I go back and forth but mainly keep aging off. I play rotational between two houses currently. Same family, just the sisters are adults and have their own families now. The grandparents go back and forth between the two houses. When I want to advance the story I will turn aging on. Story wise I should be making grandpa into an elder but I've been putting it off because he is my favorite character in my sim family.
  • sikasika18sikasika18 Posts: 343 Member
    edited May 2020
    Always off, both on pc and console no matter what sims game I am playing. I want control at all times 😈
  • jj_____jj_____ Posts: 167 Member
    Aging off, most of the time. If on, then only in that household that I'm playing at that time. This way works best with my playstyle.