Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you use cheats?

Comments

• EA_SpectreEA_Spectre Posts: 263 EA Administrator
    I sometimes use cheats
    I usually don't use cheats for the household I play, but I use cheats like freerealestate on to move the townies I want into the lots they deserve. I use that for example to move all the promo and premade Sims for my 100 Baby Challenge into the various worlds.
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    I sometimes use cheats
    Look, I don't use cheats to make gameplay easy cause at first: It's the reason why I play, to get challenged and be proud of what I could accomplish. Second: The Sims 4 is already extremely easy, so I don't even understand why this would be a thing.
    Then, i only use cheats like bb.moveobjects or the bb.showhiddenobjects and such. I see these as fulfillment of flaws in the game.
    Then, I only and ONLY use the money cheat for the start of a story. I find it annoying that every sim starts with the same amount of money, no job, no relationship other than marriage/family etc. So I use the money cheat and MCCC for that. But never throughout the story. What goes, goes!
  • ArcherDKArcherDK Posts: 1,130 Member
    I sometimes use cheats
    Some things can only be achieved through cheating.

Otherwise, I try to avoid cheating. No Motherlode, for example.
    GaBDvM2.jpg
    Click the banner to follow the link.
  • hyungryhyungry Posts: 29 Member
    Yes, I use cheats all the time
    I use cheats to build certain places for my sim's story but otherwise no. It's fun having them struggle and make money
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    I sometimes use cheats
    I do not use money cheats, but use age cheats as I value my Sims and become attached.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • chele5213chele5213 Posts: 32 Member
    I couldn't play without using cheats.
  • BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,965 Member
    edited March 2020
    No, I never use cheats
    The only cheats I use are CAS fulleditmode and moveobjects. I don't count them as real cheats. Ah yes and I use the moneycheat if I have to cheat money away. Yeah, you read that right, cheat money AWAY :D.
    My immortal Vampires would all be billionaires if I don't empty the account a little bit every now and then :D.
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • CherryBerryCloudCherryBerryCloud Posts: 689 Member
    edited September 2020
    Deleted
    Post edited by CherryBerryCloud on
    Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light;
    I have loved the stars too truly to be fearful of the night.

Ha'aheo, e hoʻomau i kō kāua aloha, kau a kau.
  • AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    I have MCC. So yeah depending on the settings it's cheating. I have mine set on no relationship decay and I have turned off emotional deaths among other things. Although, if I use the money cheat I make my Sim pay it back. I have UI extension so I could cheat more if I wanted to. I use that mainly to set the parenthood character values right before I age up a teen. The family I am playing now won the lottery so I built them a vault but will probably cheat it back to what they had. I delete holidays but forgot this time. I usually play rags to riches so winning to lottery means game over but I recently started this family as runaway teens and they are in college now. I am not ready to stop playing them. So yeah I cheat.
  • PenguinFoopPenguinFoop Posts: 1,582 Member
    I sometimes use cheats
    Look, I don't use cheats to make gameplay easy cause at first: It's the reason why I play, to get challenged and be proud of what I could accomplish. Second: The Sims 4 is already extremely easy, so I don't even understand why this would be a thing.
    Then, i only use cheats like bb.moveobjects or the bb.showhiddenobjects and such. I see these as fulfillment of flaws in the game.
    Then, I only and ONLY use the money cheat for the start of a story. I find it annoying that every sim starts with the same amount of money, no job, no relationship other than marriage/family etc. So I use the money cheat and MCCC for that. But never throughout the story. What goes, goes!

To the first bold point, I only use bb.showhiddenobjects and that's just to make a community lot. For instance, in my world, at The Bluffs in Windenburg, you can now fish in the swampy swimming pool. In reality, if a pool is left unclean long enough, fish have a way of making it in. Usually when a water bird steps in a nest of fish eggs then explores the new water. It happens, don't question, just accept. ;) It is funny though to have a club gathering there and see some members swimming while others are fishing in the same spot.

To the second point, I create all of my new sims with the story quiz so they do get different starting funds. Never enough to live in a mansion straight away but enough to get them started at least. Of course, since I usually only create one family and play that legacy, until today, I see your point about having households you don't intend to play living in houses that they were destined to have. Of course, this is easily acheived too by building the lot then just clicking move family in from library option or whatever it is.

So yeah, those are the only two reasons I use "enhancements." Otherwise it just seems to be just plain cheating and where's the challenge in that?
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,888 Member
    edited March 2020
    I sometimes use cheats
    Build cheats mostly

and sometimes I cheat the needs
    because I get too bored of playing the toilet - fridge - sleep cycle
    or just because I was in the middle of something more interesting
    or because vladdy would die in sun just trying to attend university
    if I did not help him out with some cheats

my game also lags and gets bugged quite a bit which means lots of ''debug sim''
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    edited March 2020
    I am, therefore I cheat. :D
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    I sometimes use cheats
    I picked sometimes because I use cheats like moveobjects, but I only rarely use money cheats, needs cheats, etc. That is most often to right a wrong, take money away for challenges and to make my game more interesting.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • hellokitty1496hellokitty1496 Posts: 243 Member
    I sometimes use cheats
    For this gen, I hardly use cheats. The only time I use it is whenever I feel inspired to build something or when there's a glitch. Now, it seems kind of redundant to use because of how perfect The Sims world is.
  • NoirStasisNoirStasis Posts: 243 Member
    No, I never use cheats
    I play on Xbox and achievements would disable if I used them. Heard some cheats will work, but I'd rather not test it out. I'll keep earning my achievements thank you very much!
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    I use:
    • All the build cheats, most notably MOO.
    • The money cheat to take away funds from my R2R Sims or to get allowable funds for a build challenge.
    • Make Happy and Disable Needs Decay on my tester Sims for builds.
    • The free build cheat sometimes on hidden lots to put down a poo hoo bush so my Sims can stay there longer.
    • cas.fulleditmode to makeover townies/premades/NPCs and to tweak any of my own Sims that have aged up with no chin.
    • Career outfits cheat
    • reset sim
    • A cheat to change the Season on my custom template save which defaults to Spring. Sometimes I want them to start in another season in a new save instead.

I don't ever use the money cheat to give my Sims funds, or cheat up their skills, aspirations, etc. However, I have used a cheat to reduce skill levels in some Sims if I'm sharing them for a casting call or if a Sim I've downloaded came with skills.
  • Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    I sometimes use cheats
    I use cheats like moveobjects or resetsim, sometimes mess around with testingcheats, but I always refrain from using money cheats unless I already have a backstory for the family in mind which requires them to be rich.
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
  • TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    I sometimes use cheats
    Pretty much just resetsim when someone gets stuck (such as the time when my spellcaster hit the wrong floor and landed her broom into a wall) or moveobjects in a few cases.
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    I sometimes use cheats
    move objects is my primary cheat
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    I sometimes use cheats
    I don't consider it cheating, but I had to say sometimes.

I only use them to fix glitches, (reset sim for example) and building. The only real "cheating" I do is free real estate but that's for townies that I'm not going to play and if I think they deserve a house.

I refuse to cheat needs, careers or money on my current playing households (or save scumming on deaths) because that makes the game boring for me. I need my sims to do something or have a challenge or there's no point for me.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    I sometimes use cheats
    Oops. I meant to select always use cheats. Mostly motherlode. If my sims want to go on vacation then dangit they're going on vacation. :p
  • peragogoperagogo Posts: 223 Member
    I use cheats all the time. I like a fresh sim to have some skills and interests from the get go, some special traits, stuff like that. Occults, I freeze CAS so they stop moving. When it comes to actual gameplay, I use the money cheat to cheat money away usually. And build mode cheats, of course.
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    mostly for building (moo, showhiddenobjects...the usual and bb.enablefreebuild) and than to move the right sim/s into the right house (money!). Occasionally for adding traits, like the ones you get from parenthood but I don't (want to) play every dang sim from todd to YA...Skills are so easy to master I never bother to cheat them in.
    I LOVE cheats!!! <3
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• BloosmooBloosmoo Posts: 754 Member
    All the build and cas cheats all the time. Gameplay not so much
  • Hyper_KeyHyper_Key Posts: 26 Member
    edited March 2020
    I sometimes use cheats
    Really depends. Sometimes i cheat all the time, sometimes i don't.

I often make use of the "make all happy" cheat, because as we all know, sims 4 likes to be a bug-fest, and i rather not have toddlers taken away because some sim is too dumb to feed their kid.