Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you use cheats?

Do you use cheats when you play Sims 4? Personally, I don't, because cheats just make everything boring for me. It just makes it feel incomplete for me.
Proud simmer

Do you use cheats? 266 votes

Yes, I use cheats all the time
43%
crocobauraFrn0731bshag4lvLaBlue0314jeepjeepcatSimmervilleLadyMeldaAllearsPianoPlayaPlayerSinger2010imhappyIsb917joelygirlsims2BloosmooMeteoraStormAuroraBoreallisSageRainWillowDijktafoneilovejewel17BoergeAarg61 115 votes
No, I never use cheats
7%
Bagoas77slamondaMindofyKhrisstyneDoloresGreytexxx78beadierturtleNationalPokedexJon the WizardColton147147PotterheadSimSimtown15TamakiSakura84BusufufwuffynessNoirStasisYumikatPandorathegreatGardeningSimmer 19 votes
I sometimes use cheats
49%
GoldmoldarcauatoIcewolfelenisav2AlexaiTWSimGamer82JueJueAyradysslisamwittCamkatbekimcruddelanorbretonMariefoxprice83simgirl1010JeansooAjaGioloubylouloualanmichael1icftldu 132 votes

Comments

• davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    Mostly, just the money one. I like my lots certain ways. I use it more in the Sims4 than I did in Sims3.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,422 Member
    edited March 2020
    I sometimes use cheats
    I use cheats to set up starting points for stories, to give my sims a chance to start in bigger houses if I feel like it. But also to reduce money when I want to play rags to riches or add realism by charging my sims for new outfits.

And of course building cheats, mainly moveobjects to place decorations
  • Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    I use Cas.fulleditmode on . Other wise the townies would drive me crazy , especially their walk. Also I use Moo often.
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    I sometimes use cheats
    Situationally.

Last night, I used "fillmotive motive_bladder" on a Sim on his way to bed (with his sweetie, at that), and "cas.fulleditmode" to set a Sim to a custom gender setting (Can Become Pregnant, so I can capture his genetics for my legacy with my older spare), but that's it.
  • TWSimGamer82TWSimGamer82 Posts: 456 Member
    I sometimes use cheats
    I mostly just use the building cheats. Money cheats aren't really my thing.
    Sim: "I'm starving!"
    Player: *instructs sim to prepare meal* "Then eat something, you little goofball!"
    Sim: *starts cooking meal*
    -5 seconds later-
    Sim: *Stops cooking meal* "I'm so hungry!"
    Player: *head hits desk*
  • GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,325 Member
    I didn't even like the game at all until I found out about cheats.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    I sometimes use cheats
    Only when I want my sim to start off with 0 simoleons.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,660 Member
    I could not have played the way I do without cheats, including the UI cheat mod. Say if the main issue is to have head of the house's portrait painted, I might spend an hour on preparing the background/decor in a studio I normally use for portraits. Then, if the sim needs to use a toilet I will definitely cheat his needs. I can also cheat needs if they are up to a specific goal/situation with a limited time frame. But I often play with no cheating too, I like following most of my 60 families through a normal day.

Never use money cheats though, except from when establishing a new family or needing specific decor for a story etc, but then I'll normally reset the effect of that cheat afterwards.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    I sometimes use cheats
    build cheats to get hidden and live edit objects, freerealestate when I need to test a build, occasional money cheat when building, reset sim was a necessity for a while last year.
    I'm too lazy to bother with any of the skill or career cheats and I'm not a fan of MOO.
  • SintheaSinthea Posts: 29 Member
    I use cheats for money a lot, normally taking money away not adding it lol Sometimes I'll cheat a skill if I'm just a hair away and need a promotion or cheat a need but I'm more into mods than cheats- I like to make my game harder, not easier.
    It's just one of those days...
    Remaking the Apocalypse Challenge
  • Geralt_ofRiviaGeralt_ofRivia Posts: 126 Member
    I sometimes use cheats
    I only use them to set up some of my characters stories, like adding some skills and some career progression and some relationships that best fits the character I have in mind. I play my save file with a huge overarching story that involves many sims and a rotation of different households. Once I actually start playing then I don’t use cheats and I let the game push me in many different directions.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    They're my Sims! If I want that Sim Adult the game just created to have already graduated from university, they're going to have already graduated from university. I think of "cheats" as "text-based game options". It's not like there are rules to break...
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • MegatasticMegatastic Posts: 18 Member
    I sometimes use cheats
    Most of the time I don't. If I do cheat, it's usually just for money.
    1oJNfSj.gif
  • NyteRoseNyteRose Posts: 1,672 Member
    I sometimes use cheats
    I mainly use the freerealestate cheat for placing background townies I create, cas.fulleditmode, vampire cheats (when needed,) and occasionally money cheats/skill cheats (when needed.)
    It can't rain all the time- Eric Draven, The Crow
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    I use the need cheats all the time, thanks to UI cheats so I don't have to fill their need fully - just enough to finish whatever task they're doing or if their queue gets messed up and they go to bed without the dinner I told them to eat. and there isn't time to have them go back.

Otherwise, I try to keep cheat use low. I rarely use skill cheats or job cheats unless I'm setting someone up for a particular storyline. And while I don't cheat money with my current save family, I'm not afraid to use it if I need to, but only if my storyline will be majorly derailed by the sim family not being able to pay their bills.

Oh, and I'll use build cheats without thinking too much about it.
  • MortryddMortrydd Posts: 20 Member
    All the build cheats, definitely. bb.moveobjects, bb.showhiddenobjects, bb.showliveeditobjects. And sometimes skills and moneycheats.
  • SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 963 Member
    I don't use money cheats, but I have to use resetsim a fair bit to fix weird issues that EA have never resolved -- like Sims getting "stuck" on a bed (almost always the single beds) and not being able to do anything else because the bed is lodged in their queue. Even if I tell them to go to sleep, they still wake up and just stand near the bed. Lately I've discovered the cas.fulleditmode cheat, which I love. I have MC Command Center installed, but I've yet to use it because of the learning curve. I also tried instaling the UI cheat mod, but it...didn't work. The interface looked wonky, to say the least.
  • meljonesmeljones Posts: 45 Member
    I have been playing this game for 20 years and I still haven't won. So yes I am definitely using cheats. Some day!
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    I sometimes use cheats
    I don't use the money cheat unless it's to take away money.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    I would die without motherload and testingcheats to fill motives.
  • AshenAshen Posts: 34 Member
    I sometimes use cheats
    I use money cheats, usually to take money away. I also use build cheats.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I sometimes use cheats
    I only use bb.moveobjects, bb.enablefreebuild and sometimes cas.fulleditmode. I don't use game play cheats.
  • CaprianaBCaprianaB Posts: 511 Member
    edited March 2020
    I sometimes use cheats
    I've only used cheats twice, and both were when I first started playing.

1. I didn't realize how short "normal" lifespan was. My male sim aged up to elder when his wife was pregnant with their only child. He aged up once on his own and was sad his birthday was forgotten. I made a cake and aged him up again, not realizing what I was doing. I found instructions via a Google search to age him down.

2. My sim married a mean sim who insulted her constantly. I found a way to change his mean trait.
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    I'm a builder at heart. I may not be great at it, but my new families (except for the legacies of course) get the best homes I can build them which means money cheats!
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    I sometimes use cheats
    I don't cheat needs and I rarely use money cheats, but I use headlineeffects on/off all the time. I also use freerealestate on, for side characters mostly. I might use money cheats for example to take away money that sims "earned" from collectibles that game generated in their inventory while I was playing other households.