Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Easy way to clean up and remove broken cas cc ?

PinkyPusPinkyPus Posts: 52 Member
I have over 400 different cas cc now. And some of my sims who are basically made from cas starts bugging up and not looking right... So I think I should obviously find out what cc is broken. But with over 400 cc and not everything as easy to find in the folder, I was wondering if there is an "easy" or "lazy" way to figure out what still works and what is not broken? Feel it's time to clean up a bit and I don't wanna delete it all if a lot of it still works fine

Comments

• PinkyPusPinkyPus Posts: 52 Member
    PinkyPus wrote: »
    I have over 400 different cas cc now. And some of my sims who are basically made from cas starts bugging up and not looking right... So I think I should obviously find out what cc is broken. But with over 400 cc and not everything as easy to find in the folder, I was wondering if there is an "easy" or "lazy" way to figure out what still works and what is not broken? Feel it's time to clean up a bit and I don't wanna delete it all if a lot of it still works fine

Forgot to mention, I have read about how to remove it if I know what is broken. But I wanna know how I can just wipe all the broken stuff away when I have no clue which cc is broken
  • Coley666Coley666 Posts: 119 Member
    My CC is grouped so I take out all the folders and slowly put them back in until I find the glitch. There may be an easier way but this is how I do it.
    Sims Builder - Coley666
    jWIA95z.png
    Coley666 wrote: »
    My CC is grouped so I take out all the folders and slowly put them back in until I find the glitch. There may be an easier way but this is how I do it.

Well yeah, I didn't think I would end up getting so much cc, so I didn't think about sorting it in folders... And now it's not really easy sorting it cuz there is so much, and not all the file names are really good at hinting to what the file is :lol:
  • Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,772 Member

Well yeah, I didn't think I would end up getting so much cc, so I didn't think about sorting it in folders... And now it's not really easy sorting it cuz there is so much, and not all the file names are really good at hinting to what the file is :lol:

Make a bunch of Sims wearing the broken CC you no longer want then use Tray Importer to remove them:
    https://luniversims.com/files/file/73-sims-4-tray-importer/
    Bananas_45 wrote: »

Make a bunch of Sims wearing the broken CC you no longer want then use Tray Importer to remove them:

Yeah I was considering doing that. But the problem is I'm not sure what is broken ... Everything looks fine in cas, but when i start actually playing my sim is bugged and I have no clue what cc she is wearing that makes this problem, since i use a lot of it on one sim. And it takes hours checking every single item

Question, can you use that method with objects too ? Do it work the same way. Like, i just make a lot with all the cc i need to remove and upload to the gallery, then use tray importer in the same way ? Cuz i have a lot of cc objects i'd like to remove but the file names aren't really helpful

Question, can you use that method with objects too ? Do it work the same way. Like, i just make a lot with all the cc i need to remove and upload to the gallery, then use tray importer in the same way ? Cuz i have a lot of cc objects i'd like to remove but the file names aren't really helpful

Oh, I also wonder, when it comes to objects cc. Like clutter and certain stuff when you download it it can be like 10 different things in the same file. Is it possible to like delete one of those items? or do i need to delete the whole file and everything that came with it?