Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Friday Highlight March 6th - A week on The Sims forums

EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
One more week of Friday Highlights, sul sul Simmers! :smile:

I have a confession to share this week: the last challenge I started has been in pause mode for too long. My mission this weekend?: getting to generation 3! :) Out of curiosity, how many of you are playing a challenge and how many a story?

Now, answering that is not exactly what you are here for, right? Lets take a look at the discussions in my list this beautiful Friday!:

e31nnkfz9ek7.png
Dixon Cooper, making friends in his new neighborhood! A screenshot by @Gguy, found here.

And before closing for the week, one more thread for you to visit this weekend. I couldn't choose a single screenshot amongst all the great ones you are sharing in there - open the link and check them all!: 'Women behind The Sims - International Women's Day Q&A'. Oh, and don't forget to leave your questions ;)

This is it from me for now - happy Simming weekend! :wave:
-Mai

Comments

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,709 Member
    Thanks for another week of highlights! Just sat down with a cup of coffee and going to check them out. Have a great weekend. 😊
  • CaptainElsaCaptainElsa Posts: 226 Member
    Listen ya'll... I am so proud of my current Not So Berry Challenge. I am on the 10th and "final" generation. Gen 11 is currently children but I have a plan for them: One twin is gonna master herbalism and flower arranging, the other cooking and gardening.

For me the hardest generations are 6, 7, 8. You're so close but also you've been on a challenge for so long that it's easier to quit. The best way I've combated this was buying a new pack. But I'm running out of packs to buy! Hahaha.
  • TeeSeaTeeSea Posts: 1,556 Member
    Thanks for the mention! Happy Friday!
  • Christabelle73Christabelle73 Posts: 124 Member
    edited March 2020
    Listen ya'll... I am so proud of my current Not So Berry Challenge. I am on the 10th and "final" generation. Gen 11 is currently children but I have a plan for them: One twin is gonna master herbalism and flower arranging, the other cooking and gardening.

For me the hardest generations are 6, 7, 8. You're so close but also you've been on a challenge for so long that it's easier to quit. The best way I've combated this was buying a new pack. But I'm running out of packs to buy! Hahaha.

I doubt they will ever run out for me lol. I can only get them when they are on sale, and the sales always seem to happen in the middle of the month. Sucks when your on SSDI and get paid on the 3rd.
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    I still play my rotational legacy. Which is something between a challenge and a story :) I am at gen 5 currently.
    Btw, congratulations on your soon to be gen 3! I hope you will achieve your New Years resolution :)
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • QueenarellaQueenarella Posts: 3,379 Member
    I play a combination of the legacy challenge and the bachelor/ette challenge :) I'm currently on generation 3 with the oldest child of generation 4 being a teen. This is the funniest family I've ever played in ts4 :)
  • coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,032 Member
    Great picks and screenshot, this week @EA_Mai, and good luck getting to generation 3 of your challenge B)!

I'm doing an "unofficial" legacy on my stream on Twitch. I'm FireflyGamer107 on Twitch and Twitter :)!
    4kkjdXo.png

• KaitlinMarieKaitlinMarie Posts: 58 Member
    I just recently discovered the Asylum challenge so I've been working on that! I've done one but unfortunately failed and just started a new one. I'm definitely looking for more challenge ideas. It's been a whole new side of sims that I didn't know was a thing! It's definitely upping my gameplay.
    Gallery name: Kaitlinxo143
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    Thanks for the mention.

To answer your question, mine are about stories. I have never done a challenge.
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    My own story. I don't like to play challenges and having others decide how I should play. Don't need it and it just doesn't interest me at all.
    Now, let me check out that almost last topic you listed, sounds interesting :)
  • EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    Favorite way to play is #Rosebud #RosebudChallenge based on #RagsToRiches #Rags2Riches play style.
    To mix things up I like #ChallengeMashUp as a way to combine elements of different challenges. The official challenge includes elements of three specific sets of rules. But the beauty of it is variety and can include whatever you like to play.
    Currently I am challenging myself to create a few #SimsWithLifeExperience and a couple #SuperSim households. It is great fun to see just how far I can go with a single Sim.

Re: #SimsWithLifeExperience are played in game to earned traits and work on aspirations.

EQ
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,779 Member
    Thank you for the mention :)

I often start a challenge, but it usually turns out to be something totally different , as I keep getting new ideas on the way :)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • sarabeth2984sarabeth2984 Posts: 849 Member
    @EuphorialQueen Ooh! I like #simswithlife experience term! I guess I play a bit of that. I play with aging off and rotationally
    I love to have fully developed sims with lots of friends and family. With a little bit of rags to riches element thrown in:)
  • EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    Thank you for the mention :)

I often start a challenge, but it usually turns out to be something totally different , as I keep getting new ideas on the way :)
    True for me as well.

• butterfly27255butterfly27255 Posts: 52 Member
    Congrats on getting to Gen3, I can never seem to pass Gen2 :'( It's not that I get bored, it's just that I skip stories. (Still working on it though). The only legacy I actually finished was the asylum challenge. That was fun because I based it on the movie "girl interrupted". Now i'm trying to finish the legacy challenge and I'm at Gen1 :p hopefully I get pass 3.
  • SquirrelTail15SquirrelTail15 Posts: 259 Member
    I'm playing a legacy, but I didn't strictly follow the starting rules for it (and I use cheats to fill needs occasionally, okay? Don't judge.) and it's mainly story-driven. So... both a story and a legacy, my gen 3 heir has just become a teen. Her younger sister is a vampire and will be living in a crypt until gen 10, BECAUSE I CAN.
    Cough. Okay.
    banner.png
  • EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
    edited March 2020
    ^^ More challenge driven playing than I thought, thanks for answering! I was expecting something closer to a 50/50, but if I counted right:
    • 2 of you are playing driven by stories
    • 8 playing challenges
    • 2 mix
    I can never seem to pass Gen2 :'( It's not that I get bored, it's just that I skip stories. (Still working on it though).
    This is me - I get new ideas and start a new save telling myself I'll get back to my current challenge at some point. And that never happens :sweat_smile:

I didn't get to generation 3 this weekend in the end, but made good progress so I'm happy! I'll get there :)
  • BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,903 Member
    Count me in on a mix also! I've been playing a story/challenge with this sim, telling her story with the Kleptomaniac challenge

Here is my Kleptomaniac sim Phoenix Rising! :)
    Money_1.jpg?width=411&height=678
    SPOILER_Phoenix_Rising_2.jpg

Well on her way
    Money_4.jpg

Being a Kleptomaniac sim is hard work, don't let anyone tell you otherwise!
    Freezing_To_Death_1.jpg
  • EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
    edited March 2020
    :D Love how ready your Sim is for St Patricks celebration @BreeMiles ;)
    Although she needs to stay away from my Sims' belongings!