Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No Maxis Monthly in March

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    PreCiiousPreCiious Posts: 353 Member
    edited June 2020
    ______
    Post edited by PreCiious on
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,426 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    I think they could call it "Maxis Moments". The streams usually aren't that long and if they're only once in a while it would make more sense.

That sounds like a fitting name, we can even keep calling it MM if they go for this title.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    edited March 2020
    Despite no news or updates they still want to celebrate things apparently and wants us to share things.

I can't really say I am eager to share anything.
  • Options
    CaptainElsaCaptainElsa Posts: 226 Member
    PreCiious wrote: »
    At this point we dont even know, if there will be a patch with bug fixes, since this is also not so monthly anymore... Really bad since the game has a lot of it.
    Well at least we know that there will be a knitting stuff pack... The only roadmap for this year maybe?

I think the follow-up comment was that there isn't an update planned for the forseeable future. It's just something they are talking about.
  • Options
    PreCiiousPreCiious Posts: 353 Member
    PreCiious wrote: »
    At this point we dont even know, if there will be a patch with bug fixes, since this is also not so monthly anymore... Really bad since the game has a lot of it.
    Well at least we know that there will be a knitting stuff pack... The only roadmap for this year maybe?

I think the follow-up comment was that there isn't an update planned for the forseeable future. It's just something they are talking about.

Wrong thread anyway, since my comment has nothing to do with the maxis monthly stream. I am just gonna check at the end of the month if there will be a patch...

They should scrap the whole maxis monthly format and just give us patch trailers like this. They can still livestream big Updates for those simmers that want it showcased, dont watch game changers and want to see who worked on this patch,.... thats fine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zN0snD577tc

And small Updates? They can combine it with the DLC Livestreams like they did with tiny living, for those who dont read the patch notes.

• Options
    GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    ‘Maxis Maybe’...??
  • Options
    Kniga_SitaraKniga_Sitara Posts: 414 Member
    GracieO312 wrote: »
    ‘Maxis Maybe’...??

Yes.. No maxis Monthly = no patch = no new pack.... They say that will be amazing years... Lol
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    I don't understand why EA comes up with these ideas, then abandons each one of them after a few months. We become involved in watching these streams, then they're gone. Poof. Just gone. Nice way to keep us excited about stuff, EA. But pretty much expected as far as staying engaged with the fans, though. EA using the Twitter universe to share info is how they roll now. Yawn. Boring. But that's okay. Keep doing you EA, and maybe you'll get it right one of these days. :|
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    Maxis, what's good?
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    edited March 2020
    yupp wrote: »
    There is just an overall lack of consistency. They start initiatives without any follow through. Stop introducing ways to present information if you lack the consistency and organization to follow through. Maxis monthly, quarterly teasers, etc. Get it together!
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »
    I don't understand why EA comes up with these ideas, then abandons each one of them after a few months. We become involved in watching these streams, then they're gone. Poof. Just gone. Nice way to keep us excited about stuff, EA. But pretty much expected as far as staying engaged with the fans, though. EA using the Twitter universe to share info is how they roll now. Yawn. Boring. But that's okay. Keep doing you EA, and maybe you'll get it right one of these days. :|

Yes, this is what I don't get. We complain about lack of info - They come up with something mildly informative (Quarterly Teasers, Maxis Monthly, etc) - They stop doing it after some months because REASONS - We complain about lack of info - They come up with something mildly informative (Quarterly Teasers, Maxis Monthly, etc) - They stop doing it after some months because REASONS and so on and so forth.

Why are we in the end kept always in the dark about what's coming up next? Whenever it feels like communication is getting better...POUF!...it goes away again
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    I think we have to pay $9.99 for maxis monthly dlc.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    mimilu04mimilu04 Posts: 83 Member
    Maxis Monthly would have been a viable format if they added free new content and features regularly, which they don't. It was a weird idea to burden themselves with that concept not being sure they could deliver afterwards. It was (talking in the past because I don't think we'll get anymore of those) also too full of limitations, having too much stuff they were not allowed to talk about.
    Patch trailers were great but I think it only works for very big updates (pools, toddlers, ghosts), hopefully we'll get one of those again!

Their marketing strategy and effort (budget) is definitely aimed at new and younger players, c.f. all the Twitter campaigns with "influencers". All that is left for the existing community is the silence treatment and "surprises", that is definitely cheap.

I liked the quarterly teasers the most as a way to announce upcoming content, short, informative, allowed for speculation but in the right direction.
  • Options
    FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    I am so done with this. 3 months no Maxis Monthly. It just shows they don't have enough content to cover their promises. There is nothing exiting enough to keep us continuously entertained, so it looks like they just save their few small announcements that they call big, for a 'better' timing and stretch the hype out over some more months.

Now imagine news and content every month and between those weeks, new info releases and such. It would keep us so entertained and before we can even start to speculate, new info would be out just like in the old days.
    Do you really think this fits into EA's agenda if we look at the passed year? No. I call not enough content.