Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Happy Haunts Community Game Pack

If they decided to turn the Happy Haunts theme into a future game pack, would you like to be able to vote for the art style, CAS assets and build and buy objects?

Happy Haunts Community Game Pack 89 votes

YES!
58%
OneAdorkableGirlIdontrcalljeepjeepcatNighteyesimhappydanacnbrettelanorbretonAnmirlaMariefoxprice83robyngravesMindofytabashepajamajam07ashcrash19bevilletaydevmlee2768katnick1975kittymeowSakuske1 52 votes
Maybe...
19%
PlayerSinger2010NyxLunaStarMoon_WillowmikawagSintheaFreechheitEnkiSchmidtOldeseadoggePotterheadSimRedShoe7RavenSpitRumorzzDaWaterRatCaprianaBCaptainElsacapturethemagicminiaturecute 17 votes
NO!
22%
JaseSimmervilleBabykittyjadetexxx78ChadSims2sillyangel0906LiELFmusteniddd994poltergeistEvie0602Todiloosmurfy77InuMiroLoverGenerationSimmerpopstarsleyPlumbeebSimmingal_000keymimilu04 20 votes

Comments

• BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    NO!
    It's better they don't. Many simmers seem to have a "peculiar" taste. 🤭
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    YES!
    I'd like to have a say, yes, but there is no guarantee I'd like the end result.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    NO!
    They've said before that only stuff packs are suitable for community projects.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    Maybe...
    I wouldn't mind being able to vote for some broad strokes elements, but not the individual items. This vote has reinforced to me just how much of a bubble these Forums are, and how some of the more vocal segments of the community aren't as large as they believe they are.

And how... ordinary the majority of the non-forumites are.

So I wouldn't mind voting for the general flavor of haunt (New Orleans Hollywood Voodoo vs Classic Victorian Ghosts vs. Hollywood Romani Psychics, for example) but I wouldn't want to leave the specifics to the general public.

(I use "Hollywood" to differentiate between the common media fueled perception of certain styles and groups vs. those groups realities.)
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    edited March 2020
    YES!
    @musteni I think they said SP are more suitable for that, because they are quicker to make than the other two that would take a year and more to make. But, I think they could spread out the voting even more so that we could interact with the devs longer than the stuff pack projects take. Like, maybe we would only vote to choose the rocking chair instead of all the objects, then the next month we would vote for cratable/knittable objects only, and at the end we would be able to pick the non-craftables. For clothing, they could spread the voting by the lifestages/genders too. Of course, we would have a bigger amount of stuff to choose from, but its not hard to have the voting process take longer.

For spellcasters, as an example, we could've been able to vote for which spells and types of spells we wanted. Maybe plasma spells, nature spells, curse spells, water spells, fire spells, air spells, etc...
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    NO!
    I'd prefer to never see a community vote after this go around I see no community invovlement besides vote on this it really is pointless. Also really no interest in Happy Haunts so that as well.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    NO!
    While I'd love to vote on all the things in such a pack, I'm pretty sure that my preferences would be very different from the majority and that the pack would end up being all about some foo-foo friendly child ghosts who clean your house for you and bake cakes and leave plasma rainbows in their wake... and not at all the edgy, creepy, supernatural story-driven mystery that I'd want to make.

And I would cry and despair at what could've been.
    #Team Occult
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    YES!
    Yes please! Bring on the Gypsies, Ghostbusters, Better Ghosts & Werewolves.
  • ddd994ddd994 Posts: 418 Member
    NO!
    Look how much of a mess the knitting pack is turning out.. At least laundry day was cohesive, and added something fresh.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Maybe...
    LiELF wrote: »
    While I'd love to vote on all the things in such a pack, I'm pretty sure that my preferences would be very different from the majority and that the pack would end up being all about some foo-foo friendly child ghosts who clean your house for you and bake cakes and leave plasma rainbows in their wake... and not at all the edgy, creepy, supernatural story-driven mystery that I'd want to make.

This.
    YES!
    @ddd994 we never had Knitting as a skill in any sims game. And, why its not cohesive?
  • SquirrelTail15SquirrelTail15 Posts: 259 Member
    YES!
    Um... yes, please? Bring on the fairy's and werewolves! I also want a load of darker stuff for my horror-story driven legacy, and scavenging off of the vampires pack isn't cutting it.
    banner.png
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    Yes please a ghost game pack would be cool
    a256aFi.gif
  • SimyimSimyim Posts: 142 Member
    YES!
    Yes, please! I confess I love playing with supernaturals, so I’m all in! :D
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
    edited March 2020
    NO!
    Only because I've realized that people don't vote thinking of pack theme and it is showing even in current stuff vote.
    meanwhile I would love to vote the assets myself as occult enthusiast and it would be exciting
    I just know it would end up very basic and not haunting with community vote

(maybe they could hire @LiELF as forum representative to guide them though)
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    NO!
    No, only because I'd want to be sure we got all those things mentioned, if we were then maybe on some decor or CAS as long as it really went well with theme
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    NO!
    Simmingal wrote: »
    Only because I've realized that people don't vote thinking of pack theme and it is showing even in current stuff vote.
    meanwhile I would love to vote the assets myself as occult enthusiast and it would be exciting

@SimmingGal

Lol!! While I would love the position, I feel there are many who would protest. :p
    #Team Occult
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    NO!
    Simmingal wrote: »

This exactly. Yes she would be perfect B)
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • ddd994ddd994 Posts: 418 Member
    NO!
    Karon wrote: »
    @ddd994 we never had Knitting as a skill in any sims game. And, why its not cohesive?

Well isn’t knitting referenced in university, which happened to come out right before the votes started? Tiny living is all knitwear? I dunno, the knitting theme is not what I’m disapointed by anyway (well that’s kinda a lie, I was initially disapointed knitting won, butttt I was also disapointed when laundry day was announced, and tbf its prob one of my now most used stuff packs so, I decided to keep an open mind with knitting)..
    But we have at least half these CAS assets, already, and the other half.. meh, it’s just random. Like where’s all the knitwear? Hats, mittens, socks (none, really?), scarves (as a new accessory category, anyone?), ugly sweaters??? No statement pieces? It all looks store bought instead of homemade.. I just don’t understand. I feel there is a very obvious direction the team could have chosen with this pack, and probably would have if it weren’t for all the voting. Like, are people voting to get the best knitting pack, or voting to pull it in some other direction, wether intentional or not? I’m honestly worried about the Build and buy results, especially with the new craftable items in with the BB objects? Are we gonna have another random ratio of items? I’m just hoping there’s some interesting new gameplay they add, or bye Felicia sims 4 knitting, lol sorry.. x

Ps people are confused by the poll.. Saying they are voting yes because they want happy haunts lol not for another “community voting process”

• Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    YES!
    ddd994 wrote: »
    Ps people are confused by the poll.. Saying they are voting yes because they want happy haunts lol not for another “community voting process”

I imagine there are others who feel as I do - we like the idea of getting to express our views on what should be in the pack, we just don't always like the results when they come out. ;) For example, I voted for arts & crafts and knitting from the first vote of the 2nd community pack, but I was disappointed with the theme that was chosen in the 2nd vote. There wasn't an option for that perspective, though, so I voted yes simply because I would personally love the chance to express my thoughts on such a pack
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
    edited March 2020
    YES!
    @ddd994 @Simmingal I know... having the CAS assets being reused is reallyannoying, but its not the community fault. We didn't draw the concepts for it, they did, and if it wasn't a community voted stuff pack they would probably add new clothes using old assets anyway. If people are voting for stuff thats not related to the pack in the most extreme way, its because they have added those divergent choices that do'nt match the theme.

@smurfy77 I think a game pack community pack would be hard to create with the option for us to choose the theme and new playability, so i think we would just vote for art style, objects and clothing.
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    I'd prefer to never see a community vote after this go around I see no community invovlement besides vote on this it really is pointless. Also really no interest in Happy Haunts so that as well.

Yeah, after Laundry won last time I didn't even bother voting this time. It is quite obvious nothing I like would have won.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • CaptainElsaCaptainElsa Posts: 226 Member
    Maybe...
    Karon wrote: »
    I think they could spread out the voting even more so that we could interact with the devs longer than the stuff pack projects take.

Not to be a downer but I highkey doubt the devs want anything to do with us. LOL
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    NO!
    Id honestly be happy if the community never voted on anything ever again.
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    Maybe...
    well, it would depend on the options provided to vote on, if they are all in a dark theme (just different dark themes) I'd be okay with it, but if they'd offer dark/mysterious vs. colorful/childish vs. modern/practical, NO, I'd be afraid we get...well, what LiELF wrote:
    LiELF wrote: »

But like, if they for example had a CAS vote between 1.dark Victorian 2.modern Goth and 3.classic Horror, it would be okay...I'd only run into the problem of wanting everything.
    Same if I had to choose between 1. a Ouija Board 2. a Crystal Ball 3. a Summoning Circle or between the 3 careers (though I still think that psychic and ghosthunter could easily be merged into two brands of the same career).

Gallery ID: ra7orrat