Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Women behind The Sims - International Women's Day Q&A

Comments

• Amuni50Amuni50 Posts: 112 Member
    One of my main concerns for any woman is equal opportunity and equal pay. Do the women in your company have access to both, not only in Maxis but in EA as well? Do you have access to childcare, paid maternity leave, and a harassment-free environment? I realize you cannot openly answer all of these questions, but they are concerns some of your players have, especially in such a male-dominated field.

Thank you for this opportunity to ask questions and share our love of the game. I make many sims and play very few, but this couple is one of my favorite households. They are both celebrity community organizers who focus on working for LGBTQ causes together.
    49636927317_8555dff8d3_h.jpg
    49636656506_527b9752d8_h.jpg
  • panthergirl2panthergirl2 Posts: 60 Member

Boss Lady doing her homework
    She wants to be a photographer/influencer / ...
    #holdingherselfdown

3HdXRnt.png
  • panthergirl2panthergirl2 Posts: 60 Member

Heading To School
    #holdingherselfdown

DdirKVa.png
  • DanmanNefariusDanmanNefarius Posts: 947 Member
    edited March 2020
    a little late? but here i go :)

first up my all time favorite sim: Kaylynn Langerak, especially the TS 3 one! shame on the devs for not including her in TS 4 even tho she is just as iconic as say Don Lothario and the Calientes!!! so i made her myself:
    Kr6excG.png
    and this is her in TS 3 all grown up...just a fantastic sim!
    7nWZOXB.jpg

next tho i am pleased to no end to see my fave new Sims 4 lady on the banner!: Get Together's postergirl Morgan Fyres! i loved her the moment i first saw her and i still do
    h70iW9J.png
    even the grim reaper agrees with me she is fabulous!
    7KLk2HN.png

next up is ofcourse Luna Villareal :) also loved her ever since i first saw her ingame
    EEJFMhK.png

honorable mentions:

the Behr sisters
    4a1B9X6.png

Summer, Zoe and Venessa
    goJzsD3.png

sims 3 (and i also added her in 4) Lola Belle
    2JI3v2R.png

and ofcourse Bella Goth, the very poster girl of the entire series
    dKcA2vz.png

i also like the Bjergsen sisters, Evie Delgato and the ts 3 Bunch sisters Lisa and Darlene and i also love Holly Alto (both ts 3 and 4 versions of her) and TS 3's Bebe Hart and let's not forget yet another banner girl and Sulani's poster girl Nalani! though in the actual game she often ends up as a bouncer or stall vendor -.- but she is still a very memorable sim!
    my question?? simple :P WHY ISN'T KAYLYNN LANGERAK IN THE GAME?????????????????????? ^_^ and a sneaky second...? why isn't Bella Goth among the girls on the banner??seems odd to me but ok..

as far as my own created females go? i love them all ;) but i'll share some of my most favorite ones

Meet a young child prodigy whom has proven to be serious business even as a child! Sophie Constantine!
    JG5PpHG.png
    at present she is a big time A-lister who excells both on simstagram (Penny Pizzazz dreams she'd be at Sophie's level atm!) and is a worldwide renowned virtuoso who makes guys like Thorne Bailey look like amateurs while sleeping!
    KNWjX7W.png
    rNG9ulW.png
    she has grown a liking towards Sofia Bjergsen and Candy Behr and is helping them achieve their dream of making it big in the music bizz!

i also made a sims version of Saints Row's Shaundi (the sr3 celebrity one). in this screen she is showing the boys her usual pokerface (she did win this one too tho Johnny Gat is still ahead in won games lol)
    466JzmR.png

some random generated sims after i gave them makeovers
    5xgPOhg.png

and ofcourse my own created Kaylynn Langerak :) i'll post a good screen of her later

Edit: as promised, here is my own created Kaylynn :)
    uSBllM1.png
    and here she has a selfie with yet another classic i created: Lisa Bunch!
    DpbuUhE.png
    Post edited by DanmanNefarius on
  • blueyblueskyblueybluesky Posts: 1,364 Member
    A couple more
    Raven Primrose
    GBhkr4C.png
    and Elara Nash
    FJHzRiJ.png
  • audirlynaudirlyn Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm new here
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    audirlyn wrote: »
    I'm new here

welcome @audirlyn
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
    So many awesim women, thanks for sharing their stories! <3

@Svineprutter is that a pregnant women club? :smiley:

I'd like to share one of mines as well:

erw6lij7v4zp.png

Red eyed Sim is Amiyah - a strong-willed Sim who didn't have an easy life but pursued her dreams and accomplished so so much! Playing with her was great! :)
    edited March 2020
    We left March 8th behind, but we are still gathering your questions for the SimGurus for a bit longer - keep them coming!
  • EA_SpectreEA_Spectre Posts: 263 EA Administrator
    One of my favourite female Sims is Sierra Moss, the police detective that is on the cover of Get to Work. I just love her design and her attitude. She comes across as so competent and completely awesome! So I hadn't to look far when I wanted an avatar for EA forums. :D

81cn4jVpmTL._SY445_.jpg
  • AlwaysAskingAlwaysAsking Posts: 1,403 Member
    @EA_Spectre
    EA_Spectre wrote: »
    One of my favourite female Sims is Sierra Moss, the police detective that is on the cover of Get to Work. I just love her design and her attitude. She comes across as so competent and completely awesome! So I hadn't to look far when I wanted an avatar for EA forums. :D

81cn4jVpmTL._SY445_.jpg

Wow, she’s cool!

Where can we find her?

And does she come already established in the career? 😊
    SqxdF0m.png

Gallery ID is ARIANNANEAL
  • ChuChuExpressChuChuExpress Posts: 3,228 Member
    edited March 2020
    Now, here's something different. Some of those on the thread know that two of my main household's child sims usually wear makeup. This is Sophia, and her two brothers, Roddy and Hamish:
    03-09-20_4-54-55%25C2%25A0PM.png
    Roddy's wearing his feminine everyday outfit without makeup, and Sophia's not wearing her lipstick. Sophia is a bookworm, and loves nothing more than reading books and glomping her two brothers when she gets the chance. Her favourite colour is red, and the only time she takes off her glasses is when she's going to bed. Roddy's clothing changes depending on what sort of a mood he's in. He's a two star celebrity and his favourite colour is pink. All three children are spellcasters. But let's focus on Sophia, shall we? When she grows up, she wants to follow in Aunt Chloe Furystrykar's footsteps, and write books. That and possibly own a library.
    e6581e69b0d7d8f9e02cb1e30b50f464959bfb2a.png
    Sims 4 Family: Benjamin, Shine, Princess Roddy, Sophia and Hamish Furystrykar and Shelly Heart. Princess Roddy is my avatar, and he's a boy!
    Let those smiles spread!
  • EA_SpectreEA_Spectre Posts: 263 EA Administrator
    @AlwaysAsking I think you need to sign her up for the detective career. She can be found on the Maxis account as one of the promo Sims.

Shameless self-promotion: I have a thread about my 100+ Baby Challenge with all townies and premade / promo Sims. There I link to all those Sims on the Gallery. Check out the list in the first post here. Sierra Moss is part of the Cop and Lama household, but I think you can also find her alone on the Maxis account.
  • Janiebug1122Janiebug1122 Posts: 25 Member
    > @Nindl said:
    > This my favourite Sim, Jill. I have played with her since I got the Sims 4 in summer 2018. She is my favourite Sim to play with. :)
    >
    > (Image)
    >
    >
    > Click "show" for a few more fun screenshots!(Spoiler)

She looks exactly like my IRL friend Beth! It's spot on.
  • Janiebug1122Janiebug1122 Posts: 25 Member
    > @SamanthaG said:
    > Isn't it kind of an insult for Laundry Day pack to be on sale at this time for International Women's Day? We could do better.....

Eep. I'd like to think that it was unintentional - putting that on sale, not thinking about the holiday. Like 2 different people/teams responsible for sales and forum posts, you know? I hope!
  • CaptainElsaCaptainElsa Posts: 226 Member
    Glad we can still ask questions! I didn't get a chance to ask mine cause I was too busy fooling around trying to get a good shot of my favorite female sim! LOL

Question: My dad often commented (not incorrectly) that Sims was "playing Barbies" for grown-ups. And certainly my vast Barbie empire prepared me for not only sims but my larger work life in general.

So what did you play with as a kid that prepared you for simming/working in your field?

Annnddd shameless plug: Here is Nizki Onniker from my 2020 Challenge. I'm a little miffed that the filter white-washed her after I uploaded to the computer but she's this effortlessly cool woman who handles life in ways I can only dream. A past save saw her as a conservationist but I'm excited to reflesh her out in this challenge.
    Z47IL0Q.jpg
    fydw3PI.jpg
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    edited March 2020
  • SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    edited March 2020
    for the young ladies out there that want to someday have a job like yours do you have any suggestions on where they should start

For certain fields like medicine, law, science, computer programming/development and accounting, a college degree with an internship in the field is a good place to start. (The internship is very important in gaining necessary job experience.) Most of these also have continuing education requirements once you are in the field, so you also want to do your research starting early. Besides, you want to be able to know more about whichever companies you hope to interview with. For computer programming related fields, a degree in computer science is often required. Check out the job requirements on the career site for jobs you would like to have.

thats some good info @SimsILikeSims

Thanks, and no problem! I graduated with a Bachelor of Arts in Jan. 1994. I knew people who went into these fields, some with pre-med degrees, some with computer science degrees, some with business or accounting degrees, some who became nurses or teachers, and some with pre-law degrees. I've been through the interview process with companies, unfortunately before the internet was advanced enough to let me properly research companies. (Back then, we used Lynx, a text browser - no pictures, no sound, and certainly no videos). Then Opera, Internet Explorer, and Netscape came along. It still took a half hour to load a web page with pictures. However, we were all using modems, and the maximum bandwidth you can get with a modem that connects to a phone line (since there were no DSL modems or cable modems for the most part available to ordinary consumers) is 56K. So downloading one MP3 of size 5 MB took literally an hour, sometimes two, in the mid-90s. And if you were dumb enough to try to download a program file or a zip file, you usually got a virus. My computer even got viruses from sharing floppy disks from infected computers.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • SvineprutterSvineprutter Posts: 2,302 Member
    edited March 2020
    @EA_Mai
    Yea, it looks like that, hehehe, but it was pretty much about relaxing in the Hot Tub in the Park, tell stories and jokes. They were all amazing and it was one of my best Clubs, M8, cause there was 8 of em. :)

Precent household, Henrietta The Sim and Wilma The Dog.
    You could say Henrietta is escaping the cruel and harsh real world, to live her life among cats and dogs. She still makes ends meet though, by doing extensive gardening and she has a rich social life. Reality and dream actualy come together for her.

I wonder, how does it work, for women and men to work together in a mixed world, reality of producing content and exploring an imaginative world. Do women have advantages for this, like beeing better at connecting the 2 dimmensions?

SMl0Ks8.png
    47ZfXUR.png

Zpj9msL.png
  • ChuChuExpressChuChuExpress Posts: 3,228 Member
    edited March 2020
    Chloe's song, on page 1, was done in memory of a celebrity who passed away in tragic circumstances. She was suffering a lot. The song is based on the last two words that she wrote. I'm still not going to reveal who it is in memory of, as a sign of respect to her family, as she is being laid to rest. Let's be kind to each other online.

My question is, are there procedures in place to support those who have mental health issues?
    Post edited by ChuChuExpress on
    e6581e69b0d7d8f9e02cb1e30b50f464959bfb2a.png
    Sims 4 Family: Benjamin, Shine, Princess Roddy, Sophia and Hamish Furystrykar and Shelly Heart. Princess Roddy is my avatar, and he's a boy!
    Let those smiles spread!
  • DanmanNefariusDanmanNefarius Posts: 947 Member
    edited March 2020
    > @SamanthaG said:
    > Isn't it kind of an insult for Laundry Day pack to be on sale at this time for International Women's Day? We could do better.....

Eep. I'd like to think that it was unintentional - putting that on sale, not thinking about the holiday. Like 2 different people/teams responsible for sales and forum posts, you know? I hope!

how so?? we all gotta do laundry no? clothes ain't gonna wash themselves you know and both men and women have to do this, unless you like wearing dirty clothes ofcourse ;) and if you're referring to the long gone days: sure women did the chores...while the men went to work to get their backs messed up in unhealthy factories so the whole family could eat and pay the bills XD pretty sure a lot of guys would have loved to trade places back then.

i get what you're trying to say but i do not see women doing laundry as an opressive demeanor towards them… it is part of basic taking care of yourself: a single woman ór man has no choice again unless you enjoy wearing dirty clothes or waste a part of your income in the laundrette...while doing laundry isn't rocket science: anyone can do it really… and even in the laundrette you have to do it yourself anyways XD
  • SvineprutterSvineprutter Posts: 2,302 Member
    @DanmanNefarius
    I got Laundry Day too, but my sims do not know that, so ....
    Zpj9msL.png
  • AllieKumaAllieKuma Posts: 1 New Member
    Bella Goth or Mrs. Oldbag. Lol :D
    edited March 2020
    Thanks everyone for your questions! It's now time to close: we won't be taking more questions from here but feel free to continue sharing your female Sims and their stories.

We will be posting SimGuru's answers at the end of the month!
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    @hestia thank you for for your advice but I don't know how to find the direct link to post my screenshots as what I am trying does not seem to work.