March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build/ Buy vote now available

Comments

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,709 Member
    Not sure about bunk beds but I'm sure spiral stairs would be included in a free update.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    Am I the only one who's confused to why bunk beds and spiral staircases aren't allowed to be gameplay objects for a stuff pack, but a rocking chair can be!?

Good point! I would love both of those, but particularly spiral staircases.

Bunk beds presumably require more complicated animation work- especially if we don't want our sims teleporting into the beds and hovering in the air while making them in the morning like with the CC bunk beds. It's fine for CC, but we'd expect better from Maxis (or at least I do.)

Spiral stairs I think it's a trick with making the animations still work with the variable wall heights.
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Also...why can't we just have all these items? ;-;

Because there's a budget...
  • ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    I want ALL the knitted toys! <3
    giphy.gif
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,867 Member
    Just saw that! I voted for that rocking chair. I think I voted for the plants and maybe the desk too, I like it but I really hope it comes in a “non knitting decor swatch” with just the lights and maybe books or pens here and there. I really like these lights, personally I would like to have them separately too to put them on book shelves for instance.

I didn’t vote for that basket, I think I voted for number 1 but hesitated with number 4.

• Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    edited March 2020
    I like the chair with arms and the knitting basket but am indifferent about the rest.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • MikkiMikkiMikkiMMikkiMikkiMikkiM Posts: 213 Member

Nnghh, I just want plants that hang from the ceiling :<
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,867 Member
    edited March 2020
    So do I !! And many other people so I think we might get one. Especially since we don’t have them for now in the game, except in debug mode.

Nnghh, I just want plants that hang from the ceiling :<

Post edited by Dianesims on
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »

Because there's a budget...

I KNOW this.
    I'm just saying ..... I honestly think they could but thats just me.
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    edited March 2020
    9 was the rocking chair I voted. I do hope it ends up winning. I liked all of the craft baskets so honestly idk which one wins. I'm surprised 3 is the current most voted craftable item. I do hope those cat and bear toys make it in the pack.

The only one I'm not thrilled on is that big table. It looks like something for some generic arts and crafts, not knitting. :/
    9 was the rocking chair I voted. I do hope it ends up winning. I liked all of the craft baskets so honestly idk which one wins. I'm surprised 3 is the current most voted craftable item. I do hope those cat and bear toys make it in the pack.

The only one I'm not thrilled on is that big table. It looks like something for some generic arts and crafts, not knitting. :/

Well, the theme was Arts and Crafts. The gameplay was knitting. I only voted Knitting because Sewing wasn't an option (and for these purposes, I don't consider cross stitch or embroidery sewing - they're crafting.) So I'm among those okay with it not being 100% All Knitting All the Time for the items. I want to build a craft room, not a Knitting nook.
  • TamakiSakura84TamakiSakura84 Posts: 543 Member

The rocking chair and craft basket were my runner-ups, and I voted for both of the objects. Just hoping for hanging plants and lots of plushies (grimmy doll!)

• marryacheesecakemarryacheesecake Posts: 39 Member
    This is what I voted for ☻

https://imgur.com/a/pgemzsa
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    I was spoilt for choice in this round! It was so hard to decide since I liked almost everything, but I finally voted today. I'm ridiculously happy we're getting rocking chairs. I can't wait to see the final results.
  • Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 888 Member
    Almost every knitter I know likes to have a nice comfy chair to sit in when doing their knitting, so I am glad to see the rocking chair return, though I do hope it's use isn't limited to just knitting, I would like to be able to rock my toddlers to sleep at least. I also wonder why we can get a rocking chair in a stuff pack but not bunk beds, but spiral stairs is something they need to include in a patch when and if we ever get them, they are not something that should be included in a pack we have to pay for. I was pleasantly surprised by the choices in build buy. I think the one item I want more than just about anything else is the little plush turtle though. Don't know why, but it really tickled my fancy.
  • MoonfoxNightcryMoonfoxNightcry Posts: 296 Member
    Ah man, the toys!! The grim doll is adorable, and the penguin, and the turtle!

I love the style of this pack. It’s so great to be excited for something again! I love the colours, the cute designs, happy energy and the potential for family stories and elder/toddler/child inclusion.
  • MortryddMortrydd Posts: 20 Member
    I defenitely was't excited about this pack (still hold out hope for a Happy Haunts Gamepack), but honestly, those hanging plants, the llama plant and those stuffed animals (the grim and clown tho) has me sold. If they don't show up in b&b, Im out.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,294 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    I don't begrudge the people who wanted a Rocking chair the Rocking Chair... but I'd rather have had a sewing machine as a second gameplay object...
    Oh well. :smiley:

Just please, PLEASE one with padding. You don't want your sim's bones to suffer, right?

Not to worry, I voted for the two I liked, and they both were versions that had the padding. I myself need padding on a chair!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
    Last hours to vote! >> https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/JZBMHNF

Make sure to leave your vote before the survey closes 12AM PT on March 11th!
  • aecollins21aecollins21 Posts: 64 Member
    OMG!!! I MUST have the knitted Grim!!
  • MiriamHuckleMiriamHuckle Posts: 5 New Member
    Looks like I got in at the 11th Hour! I'm not even into knitting but I want to play with all the knitting stuff in-game LOL
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    edited March 2020
    why was the big table split in half like that? i didn't vote for it because i didn't want to waste two votes on one item..
    That's the reason I didn't vote for either one and also the community has gone so crazy for it, I assumed one of them will make it, so why waste my votes for something that is probably a sure win without my vote.

I think I might have voted for all of these. Now what I want to know is how long before we see the results. I know there isn't an answer. I just really want to see what won.
    Post edited by davina1221 on
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Well, with the vote being over I can only pray that the gurus make smart choices on how to incorporate the top voted objects. I really don't want a repeat of the CAS vote where despite the so called claims of 'balance', adult women got most of the clothes. I'd like to see some actual diversity here. And overall, I hope they prioritize the craftables. Again, the CAS vote left us with less than half of the clothing options that we can actually knit. I hope that won't be the case here.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top