Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I Played The Sims Yesterday

RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
I got my ancient Windows desktop working yesterday, and while I was doing that found my old Sims disc! It was amazing playing that game again after so many years. I had forgotten how many of the Sims 4 features were actually in place in Sims 1. The music really made my heart sing. ❤️
Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:

Comments

• Tootsyim1Tootsyim1 Posts: 486 Member
    Yay for you! I missed the Sims so much and my newer computer couldn't run it so my wonderful son bought an old Dell computer with XP on it so I could play it again! (I don't remember it being soooo hard!!) :smiley:
    I agree with you - the music does make a heart sing!! Have fun!!
  • WarGreymon77WarGreymon77 Posts: 127 Member
    I wanted to play TS1 a while back but I couldn't find my Superstar CD's, so I gave up. I love the music in that expansion.
  • simlicious2015simlicious2015 Posts: 373 Member
    Hoping I can get my old windows computer to work so I can play :)
  • cuehappiestcuehappiest Posts: 4 New Member
    It would be cool if I can play as I miss it so badly.
  • Felicity1169Felicity1169 Posts: 592 Member
    I spent more time then I care to admit to get this game to work on my Windows 10 laptop. It really is still a fantastic game ❤
  • hellokitty1496hellokitty1496 Posts: 243 Member
    @Rouenpucelle
    I miss playing the classic! I regret letting my friend bend the disk awhile back. Otherwise, I'd have owned the whole collection by now.
  • OzianOzian Posts: 33 Member
    Yes, it still has a lot going for it.
  • rileyandjacobrileyandjacob Posts: 42 Member
    I love the original series! Once I get my (very old) mac mini with me, I hope to be playing it again soon! :smile:
  • SimXDSimXD Posts: 19 New Member
    I've also returned to the sims. Starting with The Sims 1, I will go through all of the series. There are still interactions i've not tried yet.
    It's fun, I'm feeling childhood once again. :smile:
  • ChristiansimsboyChristiansimsboy Posts: 3 New Member
    You can still play the Sims 1?!
  • SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member

If you are lucky with your computer it is possible :)
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member

Yep! And now I’m playing The Sims 2 on my laptop. :)
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • ManakoHimeManakoHime Posts: 285 Member
    I would love to play TS1 and 2 again! So many memories. Wish EA would put them up on origin...I can dream right? lol
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    How to make a dream come true:
    Find an old XP machine. They are out there, it just takes time and persistence. I still have mine and it still runs faithfully after 20-odd years.
    Get the disks. Last I knew ebay has oodles of them, along with the books. I consider those paper gems essential.
    Set up, fire up, load up, and you're in Simvana.
  • DeadManHBKDeadManHBK Posts: 117 Member
    I have tried so hard to get TS1 to work on my PC, and it makes me so sad that I have yet to be successful with it. I really REALLY wish they would make it available for newer PCs, because I want so badly to play it again.
    500c175dfecfd4bfdb430b6ae61d85abc33cef98_hq.gif

A n a l Na t h r a c h D o c h e'l D e'n m h a
    A n a l Na t h r a c h T i e r a N a t r a c h...
  • mrln420mrln420 Posts: 577 Member
    I play it on windows 10 if he remembers how he got it to work. He meaning a friend. I will post it my friends.
  • DeadManHBKDeadManHBK Posts: 117 Member
    DeadManHBK wrote: »
    I have tried so hard to get TS1 to work on my PC, and it makes me so sad that I have yet to be successful with it. I really REALLY wish they would make it available for newer PCs, because I want so badly to play it again.

Update: I FINALLY GOT IT ON MY COMPUTER. Y'all, when I tell you I FREAKED over this...it was such a glorious moment, and I had to share lol. The nostalgia is strong with this one.
    500c175dfecfd4bfdb430b6ae61d85abc33cef98_hq.gif

A n a l Na t h r a c h D o c h e'l D e'n m h a
    A n a l Na t h r a c h T i e r a N a t r a c h...
  • Chenko1991Chenko1991 Posts: 1 New Member
    [quote="Oldeseadogge;c-17477453"]How to make a dream come true:
    Find an old XP machine. They are out there, it just takes time and persistence. I still have mine and it still runs faithfully after 20-odd years.
    Get the disks. Last I knew ebay has oodles of them, along with the books. I consider those paper gems essential.
    Set up, fire up, load up, and you're in Simvana.[/quote]

I wish it was that simple! I've got an old XP machine and the Sims Complete Collection.

I installed Triple Deluxe, House Party, Hot Date and then Vacation. Tested the game and it seemed to work ok.

I then installed Unleashed and now I get an error message saying 'Cannot locate the CD-rom. Please insert the correct CD-rom, select Ok and restart the application

I assure you it is the correct CD and I followed the installation instructions as specified. Can't find much online about how to rectify it, other than it seems to be an issue with XP and some of it's settings?

If you have any ideas as to how I might fix it, that would be amazing!
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,584 Member
    I have 2 of the The Sims Complete Collections. I don't play it often but I'm always afraid I'll lose it. :lol:

Yes, it is installed on my Windows 10. :heart:
  • DanielroxheapsDanielroxheaps Posts: 33 Member
    I have a newer version of the base game (says "(c) 2006" on the case). Doesn't seem to work on Windows 10. Used to run almost perfectly on my 14 year old Windows XP, but a few months ago, has decided to now show the error that the program has encountered an error and needs to close :(
  • MoonSimmer1MoonSimmer1 Posts: 24 Member
    TS1 is where The Sims franchise started. I still can't believe this game is 20 years old, 'cause the gameplay is just AMAZING! I could play it for hours! 😍❤
  • CoryleaCorylea Posts: 9 New Member
    During the pandemic, I've been enjoying the sweet simplicity of The Sims 1. I own the other games, and I still play them sometimes, but the first game had a charm that the others can't match. On days when I feel good, The Sims 4 has more to do, but on days when I feel bad, The Sims 1 makes me feel better.

I also like the music from TS1 sooooo much better. I could listen to the Build music all day.