Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Women behind The Sims - International Women's Day Q&A

Comments

• AlwaysAskingAlwaysAsking Posts: 1,403 Member

@Svineprutter
    @Hestia
    Sims 4 will put screenshots in the Screenshot Folder You mentioned and a lot of pictures will slow the game down. Therefor I think it is best to save pictures somewhere else on the HD.
    Maybe pictures need to be kept the same place on HD, for the image sharing programme to work properly. Maybe.

It's ok to move the files to another spot of your choosing. :smile: I have all of my screenshots on an external drive. I have 68,894 screenshots and 745 folders. I also have various other folders right on my desktop for quick Sims things that I share often. My computer would explode if I tried keeping them in the EA Sims 4 Screenshots folder. :sweat_smile:

5BlkYKk.png
    SqxdF0m.png

Gallery ID is ARIANNANEAL
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    @Svineprutter
    @Hestia
    Sims 4 will put screenshots in the Screenshot Folder You mentioned and a lot of pictures will slow the game down. Therefor I think it is best to save pictures somewhere else on the HD.
    Maybe pictures need to be kept the same place on HD, for the image sharing programme to work properly. Maybe.

It's ok to move the files to another spot of your choosing. :smile: I have all of my screenshots on an external drive. I have 68,894 screenshots and 745 folders. I also have various other folders right on my desktop for quick Sims things that I share often. My computer would explode if I tried keeping them in the EA Sims 4 Screenshots folder. :sweat_smile:

5BlkYKk.png

What?! I thought I take a lot of screencaps cuz my folder has 61 in it now....
    edited March 2020
    There are a bunch of us in the "What Happened In Your Game Today" thread that talk about the amazing work that must go in to all of the emotional responses that happen autonomously in the game. Like my Gavin Richards teared up from happiness when his wife told him she was pregnant, but none of the others ever did.

And sometimes peripheral Sims will gaze longingly at other Sims, while other times they are shooting angry looks at them. Someone just showed me a shot of one of her sims stopping on the beach to hug the toddler of the family she was currently playing, although they didn't previously know each other.

There are so many reactionary aspects put into the game that its startling sometimes to see how they act. Another friend was commenting that the Sims in her asylum challenge seem to have become jaded enough that they didn't really react to Grim showing up anymore. While Morgyn, who was just visiting, still got super upset. I just sat there thinking, "Who thought of this? That the Sims could actually get used to seeing other Sims die. This is amazing."

We are all wondering who comes up with all of these reactions that the Sims can have. And I, as a woman, often wonder if the women on the EA team come up with different ones than the men do. Sometimes I see something, and think to myself that a woman must have come up with this as a possible reaction to this situation. It is very beautiful to watch how things play out, and I really want to thank all of you for the game. It helps me a great deal, I always have something to think about, so I don't dwell on dark thoughts.

As for my favorite woman in the game. I have Laney Lewis in every save. In most of them she's with her boyfriend Jasper Sweet. Laney is a top notch photographer, painter, and chef. As you can see, she can even paint without an easel! lol

12fz3xW.png

F5O9IHx.png

But in one save, she's a teenager with a tremendous crush on Darrel Charm (which causes him no end of trouble) :sweat_smile: I play a vanilla game, so there's no chance of romance, but it doesn't stop anyone from disapproving of Laney's behavior! :smiley: Check the spoiler if you want to see who, besides Vlad, is getting upset. :wink:

8rVRFz9.png

AiALMxw.png

Spoiler
    Darrel isn't entirely innocent in this whole situation either :blush: lol

sN9s2jJ.png

FvQbIZj.png

42crwpZ.png

KEOCYir.png

OBqfl0f.png

vhgPLnG.png

He does try to get her to stop lol

6klm1ij.png

I have no idea how to resolve this, because I'm not aging her up for quite a while. I have other teens ask her out, and she goes out with them, but if Darrel walks by, or comes over, (which he does, a lot!) the other sim might as well go home, lol, she'll only talk to/ hang out with him.

Any ideas?
    SqxdF0m.png

edited March 2020
    @SimAlexandria

What?! I thought I take a lot of screencaps cuz my folder has 61 in it now....

Lmao. :smiley::sweat_smile: Yes, I seem to have a problem with it :wink:
    SqxdF0m.png

• ChuChuExpressChuChuExpress Posts: 3,228 Member
    edited March 2020
    Have a few more pictures! Shine with her husband, Benjamin Furystrykar, and Wendy Furystrykar (the one in pink) with her spouse, Tiffany Furystrykar (the one in red). The two couples are enjoying the warmth of a bonfire on the Windenburg Bluffs!
    03-03-20_8-29-14%25C2%25A0PM.png
    03-03-20_8-32-15%25C2%25A0PM.png
    e6581e69b0d7d8f9e02cb1e30b50f464959bfb2a.png
    Sims 4 Family: Benjamin, Shine, Princess Roddy, Sophia and Hamish Furystrykar and Shelly Heart. Princess Roddy is my avatar, and he's a boy!
    Let those smiles spread!
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    My absolute favorite way to play TS4 is to test myself with challenges. I've had a multitude of female Sims who were/are the main characters of my tries at them. They've all been so fun to play, it was hard choosing an ultimate favorite. Here's just a very select few:

* Note - All of these women started out Rags to Riches style on an empty lot with 0 simoleans except for Gloria Gamble. They worked long and hard for their successes in life.

Carol Bowser - Extreme Rags to Riches
    y10CFab.png

My nerdy, paranoid Scientist and Hero of Strangerville

Olivia Devereaux - Shipwrecked
    fMyHRbo.png

A wealthy socialite widow who was treated to a cruise by her best friends after the death of her husband. The boat sank and she washed up on the shores of Windenburg Island. She used resources on the island and things that washed up on shore from the sunken ship to survive and thrive. The island was completely deserted when she arrived, but by the time she was finally rescued, Olivia had built a cabin for herself and three others. She also began to build a spa which would be completed and open after she was rescued. Olivia stayed on the island, married a massage therapist she met at her spa and the couple are expecting their first child.

Velamint Berry - Not So Berry
    uzKOnVe.png

My founder Scientist who is at the top of her career now. Her daughter, Rose is a teen and will soon take over as the Gen 2 heir.

Delilah Devine - First Vampire
    COquXZY.png

An accomplished violinist, Delilah was lured to Forgotten Hollow with the promise of peace and quiet to practice her craft after buying a piece of land and a tiny house sight unseen. Probably not the smartest thing to do since once she arrived, she realized her new 'home' was actually an abandoned mausoleum. She would later fall in love with one of her neighbors only to discover he was a vampire. Love will make us do some questionable things, but Delilah didn't care. When Caleb asked her to let him turn her so they could spend eternity together, she agreed without a second thought. The couple are engaged now and will marry in the near future.

Vanessa Valentine - First Retail Owner
    PT0Qw1F.png

I took a lot of time with Vanessa helping her to get her painting, cooking, gourmet cooking, baking and gardening to Level 10 before she built and finally opened her Art Gallery/Bakery named Artsy Tartsy. This Sim is the only one of a few I've taken the time to plan everything out beforehand including the items for sale in the bakery and what would be needed to make them, the layout of the store, researched a name and much more. It was so much fun and Vanessa's store is very successful. She lives in an apartment above the store, has a rooftop garden and a fully equipped gym in the basement. She's dating Don Lothario, but I'm not sure if that will ever go anywhere considering his nature. :)

Leanne Summers - The Collector
    pOT0lPC.png

Leanne and I have taken many adventures in her quest to collect everything the game has to collect. She's been to every single world I had at the time multiple times and we learned many things together about the game as a result. She's also the first Sim I ever gave the Glutton trait. I'd heard things about it, but didn't know what to expect. I love it! It's hilarious and actually, a bit heart-warming (at least to me) seeing how very much she enjoys food.

She's also the first Sim that I ever had use a Generic lot. That's where she kept all her collections. She had an empty lot, a retail store (never opened) where she lived and the generic lot, which besides the collections also featured a microscope, observatory and rocket ship in order to get all the collectibles associated with them. Why did I decide to do this? It's a tax shelter and a way to cut down on lag from having so many objects on the lot where she would live. As a result, Leanne has a luxury home on the retail lot, all collections and only pays 33 simoleans in bills every week. :)

Gloria Gamble - Random Legacy
    7CUWY4h.png

My founder, a single Mom and a Comedian at the top of her career. She's the first Comedian I ever had in the game and she made me love it! I also loved playing with her best friend, Vanessa Chance, a Detective. This was also the first time I'd ever played in the Detective career, so that was fun to play too. I guess you could say there's two successful women in this household. Vanessa's husband, Glenn, is an Astronaut and their daughter, Carley, is a Tech Guru. The Gen 2 heir, Greta, doesn't have a job yet, at least that I can remember. It's been a while since I played this challenge due to serious lag from my old laptop. I have plans to continue this challenge at a later date.

Iris Walker Gleason - Homeless Elder
    5uxGVgk.png

Though I do have many favorite women in the Sims, Iris is my all-time favorite. When looking through my folders for women to share, I knew without a doubt she'd top the list. :) Please indulge me while I give a short (honestly, I left out a lot) synopsis of her story. It's long so I put it in a spoiler for those who don't want to bother. :)
    Iris found herself homeless after her husband of 50 years died. Much to her surprise, she learned he had never paid their taxes and somehow managed to keep that fact from detection by the IRS. He had an insurance policy, but everything he'd put into it over the years was seized, plus their home and everything in it sold to pay off the massive debt. The couple didn't have any children since Iris was barren and all her former friends had slowly moved away or died over the years. Iris had no where to go and no money.

All she had left, which was worthless to the IRS, was a backpack full of notebooks filled with poems, short stories and one unfinished novel. Iris thought of herself as a writer, but never had the courage to actually show anyone her creations, not even her husband. She didn't know if she was any good at it, but she told herself she didn't care. It was just something she 'had' to do, it made her feel at peace when writing.

She befriended a community gardener with whom she grew to trust and showed him her work. He encouraged her to submit one of her poems for publication. The publishing house raved about it and signed her up immediately, found her an agent and best of all, sent a large check with the promise of more for her poems and stories.

Iris built herself a modest home, asked Leo to move in with her and they got married soon after. She wanted to spend the rest of whatever days she had left with the man she'd grown to love, her best friend and biggest fan. The couple spent their honeymoon taking care of Leo's garden, Iris writing, relaxing around the house in the hot tub, drinks on the patio, watching movies and listening to Leo play guitar as he serenaded his new bride. They also spent one day swimming, diving and horsing around at The bluffs.

One night they decided to dress up and go out to the local tavern where they had some drinks, played a round of Don't Wake the Llama with a couple Knights and capped it off with a round of Foosball. Neither one was all that ready for the night to end though, so they traveled to The Ruins to enjoy a Bon Fire before finally going back home.

The next day, the very next day, Iris died. I was devastated and so was Leo. He kept her urn on the fireplace mantel next to her pet fish, Petey the Pirhana, not being able to part with her just yet. Three days later she emerged for one last day together and asked him to bury her at Sylvan Glades. When she left in a mist back into the urn, never to be seen again, though it was hard to do, Leo kept his back turned at her request.

Leo traveled to Sylvan Glades and buried her next to the pond where she had caught Petey. He planted purple Iris's around the tombstone and lay down next to her one last time to watch the stars, pointing out her favorites before he said a final goodbye and left.

I'll never forget Iris, she was the spunkiest, most full of life elder I've ever had in my game. Except for one other couple, she and Leonardo were also the most loving to each other I've ever had too.

I wrote a prologue & one chapter for Iris & Leonardo on WordPress called, Hold Me Close. But unfortunately, it only went as far as their night out. I guess this is a bit of a spoiler for that. I had plans to continue, but when Iris died, I didn't have the heart or the will to write about them anymore. Oh well. Anyway, thanks for reading!

Thanks for this thread, it brought back some wonderful memories for me and I enjoyed reading about all of your favorite women too!

Happy Simming! <3
  • DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,141 Member
    As I mentioned in the other thread, I was always a fan of female Comander Shepard from Mass Effect. I really miss her adventures and her crew (puppy eyes to bioware), especially Garrus (big puppy eyes). So I created her in Sims to play her before she was the famous commander who saved the galaxy.
    She has started her carreer in the military, and so she looks right now in my game.
    EILet8x.png?1
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    for the young ladies out there that want to someday have a job like yours do you have any suggestions on where they should start
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,374 Member
    Here are some of my favorite female Sims. There are so many of them, I have a lot of Sims. :)

First is Kim Yorke. She's a Sim from my avatar. She's an alien who is a serial romantic. Sixam sent her to Sim world to study Sims' romantic behavior and woohoo. She's been very busy. :D
    QIMQaqy.png
    4t3R11o.png

Here's my favorite vampire Evilia Doom. I started playing with her a long time ago when vampires didn't exist in Sims 4 yet. I always thought she'd make a perfect vampire. I was right. She's amazing.
    f8Pj7fP.png
    gzntMye.png
    gRmhOXd.png

This is my 100 baby challenge mom Elina Laine. She makes beautiful children. She has almost 30 of them and she's still a young adult.
    NdpowFV.png

Here's my criminal boss Olivia Moon. She does what she wants and she's outrageous. She doesn't get embarrassed of anything. She's been the most fun to play with, I love her. She has two sons, the first one she got with a random mailman, the second one with her current boyfriend. She's almost an elder now and her boyfriend is a young adult. :mrgreen:
    b7LbhYR.png

Here's Paulette Grant. She's a singer and a musician. She plays piano, guitar and violin and she's married with an athlete with whom she has a daughter. She's almost mastered all the instruments and her singing.
    8McTPGN.png

This is Nelli Omenainen. She's a cute girl who's goal is to cook all the foods that are available. She's also on a social media career, taking care of two cats and she has a massive garden.
    UnPPRxq.png

Here's Jessica Leary. She's married with Don Lothario. I didn't plan it. They were just friends with benefits, but Don got obsessed with her and she liked him a lot too, so I let it happen. They have a daughter, Sophia. I love Jessica, she's a very strong woman, she's very fit, she has that in common with Don. She's a gardener and an outdoor enthusiast.
    27wxMpJ.png
    WFUfueJ.png

Rayna Daniels is a writer. She's gloomy, loner and creative. She doesn't want to get married or have children, but she has a secret love affair with Bob Pancakes, it's been going on for a long time. She lives with her sister and her sister's family (a husband and 4 kids). Rayna lives in the basement. She's always been my favorite of the whole household. On the second picture here she's at her sister's wedding.
    AmVVzS7.png
    K1OqeG3.png

The blonde woman with the tattoos here is Susanna Rinehart. She's a bartender who has had bad luck in her love life. She fell in love with a detective woman and they lived together in Oasis Springs, but she cheated on Susanna. Susanna moved in San Myshuno and immediately started a new relationship and moved in together with her. Susanna wanted to have a family and proposed to her new girlfriend, but she rejected her proposal. Susanna moved in Willow Creek with a broken heart. She adopted a toddler alone. Her son is now a child and Susanna has found a new girlfriend (the dark haired woman in these screenshots). Hopefully she's the right one for her, finally.
    BnTzYTz.png
    T0Kqpno.png

This is a trans woman Angel Reyes. She's still technically a man in CAS, but she's transitioning. She's one of my new favorites.
    5dQqbxo.png64qNZps.png

One more. Here's also one of my new favorites. Her name is Veera Tähtinen. She's currently in University. She's going to be a painter when she graduates.
    xaZpECJ.png
    11V0IRI.png

• Simmelina1Simmelina1 Posts: 2,626 Member
    15128822545_2c23cac8eb_c.jpgDahye
    One of the first Sims 4 sims Park Dahye.
    Origin id: Simmelina
    simmelina1.wordpress.com
    The life of my sims. Elina & Don.

49992523523_7fe1918650_c.jpg
  • SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    for the young ladies out there that want to someday have a job like yours do you have any suggestions on where they should start

For certain fields like medicine, law, science, computer programming/development and accounting, a college degree with an internship in the field is a good place to start. (The internship is very important in gaining necessary job experience.) Most of these also have continuing education requirements once you are in the field, so you also want to do your research starting early. Besides, you want to be able to know more about whichever companies you hope to interview with. For computer programming related fields, a degree in computer science is often required. Check out the job requirements on the career site for jobs you would like to have.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • SvineprutterSvineprutter Posts: 2,317 Member
    edited March 2020

@comicsforlife

Regarding your banner:
    "the sims 4 isn't getting new whims right now and I think they have dropped them all together if we want new whims in sims 4 we need to tweet the gurus and tell them we like whims"

Whims have been the heart of my gaming experience with Sims for most of the time. At some point they became like, not again, and I actualy got turned off for playing, cause of the crazy Whims. When it became possible to hide em, it was like throwing away the collar and let the fun begin. I still score points for completing Whims, but it happens while I just play the game as I feel like.
    Maybe I will never turn Whims on again.
    qsgJjwJ.png
    Zpj9msL.png
  • Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    Sexy Linda.

My PC currently is having technical difficulties (replacing my power supply soon), so I cannot show images of the glorious Linda as of right now, so here is a gallery link.
    https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/17C8FEED841E11E58CD0D87A6987F423
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member

For certain fields like medicine, law, science, computer programming/development and accounting, a college degree with an internship in the field is a good place to start. (The internship is very important in gaining necessary job experience.) Most of these also have continuing education requirements once you are in the field, so you also want to do your research starting early. Besides, you want to be able to know more about whichever companies you hope to interview with. For computer programming related fields, a degree in computer science is often required. Check out the job requirements on the career site for jobs you would like to have.

thats some good info @SimsILikeSims
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • VicariousHumanVicariousHuman Posts: 19 Member
    @Rainesims That last image is soooo cute! <3
  • VicariousHumanVicariousHuman Posts: 19 Member
    > @SamanthaG said:
    > Isn't it kind of an insult for Laundry Day pack to be on sale at this time for International Women's Day? We could do better.....

Are you serious? Is this true? I'm a woman and I think that's funny if that's true.
  • hellokitty1496hellokitty1496 Posts: 243 Member
    > @SamanthaG said:
    > Isn't it kind of an insult for Laundry Day pack to be on sale at this time for International Women's Day? We could do better.....

Are you serious? Is this true? I'm a woman and I think that's funny if that's true.

Like it was their intent to be begin with 🙄. People just love reaching for things.

• Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    edited March 2020
    My favorite female Sims in TS4 by pack:

Base Game: Bella and Cassandra Goth
    GTW: None
    GT: Sofia Bjergsen and Morgan Fyres
    CL: Penny Pizzaz
    CD: Supriya Delgato
    GF: Octavia Moon
    IL: Leila Illes
    BC: Becca Clarke
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • blueyblueskyblueybluesky Posts: 1,371 Member
    Ava Villareal
    6BD4ABt.png
    Londyn Ember
    5KwJunW.png
  • illusieillusie Posts: 13,818 Member
    edited March 2020
    I've been playing with my family for many generations (22 now). Here are a few of them.

Sienna is a scientist who is proud of her work.

01-05-17-12-10-19-pm_orig.png

Luna is an artist who is crazy about coffee

01-20-17-4-34-55-pm_orig.png

Emily is a busy mom of triplets

02-18-18-2-19-32-pm_orig.png

Autumn works as a cop

02-25-19-5-27-14-pm_orig.png

Elise is materialistic and keeps buying things she doesn't need

05-12-19-9-22-18-pm_orig.png

Lola is a musician

10-17-19-11-55-52-am_orig.png

• BloosmooBloosmoo Posts: 754 Member
    Lillith Vatore reigns supreme.
  • NyteRoseNyteRose Posts: 1,672 Member
    I'll share a few of my favorite female Sims :)

Jasmina is an author/freelance writer and the lead character in my SimLit, Stars and the Sun, which I've been writing for the past two years. She's been a vampire and a mermaid but is technically a witch.
    48511560471_c31a5d9f07.jpg

Melisandra is the oldest of the twin daughters born to Caleb Vatore and Jasmina. She's a witch but has also been played as a vampire and mermaid like her mother. Meli is the lead in my stand-alone sequel story, Bloodline.
    49636117967_d8a8e99570.jpg

Helena is a mermaid I created for another WIP story, Moonlit Tides. Here she is in mermaid form.
    49587991153_6905f90fba.jpg

It can't rain all the time- Eric Draven, The Crow
  • Sallinger79Sallinger79 Posts: 27 Member
    How about some love Melissa and Chris Roomies from TS1? (Apparently, I don't have enough "points" to post pictures properly, so you'll have to copy/paste the links if you want to see them.)

https://i.imgur.com/8L5d5uV.png

I'm pretty sure they were the first household I played after the Newbie tutorial, and I ended up making a couple because I could only afford to buy them one double bed, and that was the only way I could figure out to make them share it. They ended up becoming my favourite Sims couple of all time, and it makes me so sad that they were never officially included in any of the other games.

I've recreated in TS2, TS3 and TS4, because I feel like I have to keep them going. I honestly could not be more in love with these two than they are with each other!

https://i.imgur.com/qQ1iyzt.png