Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Party Wear

So EA....for a while now I have been asking for the ability to choose how sims come dressed to parties. I think this video from your lovely game changer sort of brings my point home and why I have been asking for this feature for quite a long time. You can start at 38 mins in...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbbpdAFdWAQ

Make it happen EA seriously...

Comments

• Options
    kw4222kw4222 Posts: 16 Member
    Thank you for posting this. I lost it and laughed WAY too hard when he was awarded bronze! But yes- I've long wished it was possible to set a "dress code" for parties.
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Yep this is a problem, lol.

When this happens I have my sim "Ask to see outfit" and then cold or hotweather wear lol. but it's way too time consuming.
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    kw4222 wrote: »
    Thank you for posting this. I lost it and laughed WAY too hard when he was awarded bronze! But yes- I've long wished it was possible to set a "dress code" for parties.

LOL yeah I laughed pretty hard too. He was really excited about how well his sim's party was going until they started dropping dead. LOL and then the BRONZE.
  • Options
    Yep this is a problem, lol.

When this happens I have my sim "Ask to see outfit" and then cold or hotweather wear lol. but it's way too time consuming.

Yes this is how I have been handling it as well. It is really annoying and time consuming. I would much rather my sims getting to know each other rather than telling them all hey change your clothes or you might die.
  • Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    TS4 Sims have to be the dumbest in the history of the series.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    Cynna wrote: »
    TS4 Sims have to be the dumbest in the history of the series.

LOL yeah I would agree with that.
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Not only the dumbest sims but the dumbest pack. Just standing around outdoors should not be fatal. More needs fixing than just the sims who are too stupid to either seek shelter or leave.
  • Options
  • Options
    FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    edited February 2020
    omgosh yes, I just made a post here in a similar vein lol. My thought was maybe we could designate hot and cold weather sub-categories for for things like party and athletic outfits? Cause athletic runs into this problem as well.

It particularly bugs me cause you can use all items that are in the "hot" or "cold" category, but if the outfit is labeled "party" it doesn't freakin' matter lol.
  • Options
    FanPhoria wrote: »
    omgosh yes, I just made a post here in a similar vein lol. My thought was maybe we could designate hot and cold weather sub-categories for for things like party and athletic outfits? Cause athletic runs into this problem as well.

It particularly bugs me cause you can use all items that are in the "hot" or "cold" category, but if the outfit is labeled "party" it doesn't freakin' matter lol.

Yes, I don’t think they really thought this through when making the seasons pack. I had to download mods that forced sims to change clothes when hot or cold.
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    In TS2 when the weather is cold the non played sims are by default in cold weather gear. When your controlled sim goes outside they pause at the door to spin into cold weather gear before continuing on. I see no good reason for this not to be in TS4. A minor tweak would enable a similar change to hot weather gear when appropriate. Lazy & thoughtless programming!
  • Options
    PreCiiousPreCiious Posts: 353 Member
    edited September 2020
    My husband was playing the other day and I forgot to install the mod on his PC because he plays when he absolutely has nothing else LOL. Anyway, he was frustrated because it was winter and all of his sims were dying outside of the hospital while he was playing his doc. It just got worse and worse because as one died everyone had to go outside and watch and then they would die too. I was trying to get him to talk to the sims and ask them to see the outerwear outfit and he was able to save some but another kid died. He looked at me and said this is why I don't play this game...LOL He hasn't really been into it since sim2 but in sims3 he did do a lot of building. Sims 4 he can barely stay in it for 5 mins before getting frustrated. Then I have to download a mod to fix what ever it is onto his computer LOL. He only decided to play because I have crazy mods to add more to the gameplay that he wanted to check out but then winter happened hahahah.