Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Blueprint Builds

Comments

• GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,301 Member
    I love what people are doing with this design so far!

@icanhassims Your Contemporary Desert Home's interior is so cool and inviting for a hot desert climate. I love the blues and browns in the sitting room and the use of wood and glass textures.

@sparklili Pastel Pebbles is so pretty! That curved roof and the curved wall next to the pool area really give the exterior an elegant touch. The inside looks very homey, and I like that you used the round table for the dining area.

@MikkiMikkiMikkiM The pond with the frog fountain is adorable :love: , and the camping gear in the back yard reminds me of my own childhood. I'd feel right at home there! I also really like the climbing vines on the deck wall.

@CharmedSlayer6 I never would have thought of putting a brick floor in a bedroom, but I really like the effect! I like your choices of decor in that room as well. And the flower wall by the hot tub is a beautiful touch.

I feel inspired! :smiley: I'm going to give this one a try today.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • MonaSolstraaleMonaSolstraale Posts: 1,372 Member
    edited March 2020
    Challenge Number: #BB5
    Origin ID: MonaSolstraale
    Gallery Name of Build: The North Sea cabin
    Gallery Link: The North Sea Cabin
    Link to slideshow: The North Sea cabin

s2NL3K2h.png

ZbNBkKeh.png

Additional Notes: The house is my contribution to #BB5 #BlueprintBuilds #March #Challenge
    This is a holiday home as you find them along the Danish west coast.
    A black-tarred wooden house with white windows and roofs made of straw, seaweed or roofing paper.
    The plot is a natural plot that does not require care. You can read, relax in the sun, fish, swim in the sea and enjoy your vacation.
    ( The swimming pool is only added because the Sims cannot swim in Wintenburg)

I have another version with landscape shots in my gallery. It is marked as containing user-created content ... but these are only photos taken by my Sim
    You can download landscape photo by searching #TheNorthSeaCabin
    Post edited by MonaSolstraale on
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,957 Member
    ENTRY FORM

Challenge Number:5
    Origin ID:jojoMOMSTER
    Gallery Name of Build:Library in da Hood BB5
    Gallery Link:
    Link to slideshow: Blueprint Build BB5
    Additional Notes: I looked at the shell and I saw a library.
    Space for Pictures:
    zzKsgAd.png
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,521 Member
    The North Sea Cabin is a lovely cabin home! @MonaSolstraale :) Very nice exterior design, black wood walls and straw roofing. Very nice bbq and outdoors dining area on front porch. The pool and firepit area is very nice! Sims will enjoy swimming in the pool or sitting around the fire on the logs or camping seats , cooking food and keeping warm. Very nice homely furnishing of the interior. The natural and calming wooden walls and wood furniture is very nice. Pretty sunflowers on the dining table, and the candles and fruit basket on the coffee table is a nice touch. The picture of your home with the lightning is great!

Your Library is lovely! @JojoMOMSTER :) Very nice exterior colour and the circles prints on exterior are very nice. Very nice kids play area with the monkey bars, toy box and crashed UFO! Great basketball court area! Very nice furnishing of the interior! Each of the areas are great! It is nice that there is a middle bookcases area with study desks , and then a reading room, computer room and kids library off to the sides. Very nice kitchenette nook! Very nice basement rec area for Sims to have fun playing ping pong, foosball or arcade machine games. It is great that there is a telescope on the roof.
    It is a very nice family community library!
    Thank you @rosemow for your ever so kind and detailed review of my library build!
  • AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,649 Member
    Very nice cabin @MonaSolstraale I definitely think they need to add swimming in Windenburg.
    @JojoMOMSTER great idea to make the blueprint a library, it works so well!
  • MonaSolstraaleMonaSolstraale Posts: 1,372 Member
    @rosemow and @AlJay Thank you for your comments and thank you for the challenge :smiley:
    I have posted a link to the house now .... without landscape photos.

I look forward to exploring some of the other contributions to the challenge.
    I still love the variations <3
  • pearlbhpearlbh Posts: 313 Member

Challenge Number: BB5
    Origin ID: pearlbh
    Gallery Name of Build: Rooms for Rent
    Gallery Link: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/225EC20963D511EA830C2BEB039685A8

I didn't use the shell for this one because I dove right into it when the floor plan was posted. I followed the placement of furniture pretty closely, so with all the double beds I had in mind while I was a building maybe an older couple owning it and renting the two other bedrooms, maybe to college students.

03-03-20-2-28-52-PM.jpg

03-03-20-2-28-36-PM.jpg
    Rooms for Rent is a lovely home! @pearlbh :) Very nice exterior design, pretty dormers, and flower hedging is very nice on porch edges. Very lovely furnishing of the interior! Lovely warm natural brown colour of the kitchen, dining and living room area. The floor rug there and in the bathroom , and the patterned flooring in the bedrooms are very nice. Very nice bathroom wall tiling. It is great there is a hot tub in the backyard.
    It is a very nice home and a great place for students to rent rooms :)
  • CaptainElsaCaptainElsa Posts: 226 Member
    I love your second story windows @pearlbh
    That looks beautiful @pearlbh
    Some more great builds!

@MonaSolstraale I love your North Sea Cabin. It has such a perfect comfy beach house look and it the yard blends beautifully with the natural surroundings. I really like the thatched roof. Those sims look pretty happy there!

@JojoMOMSTER What a cool idea to make a library from this layout. It works really well and looks like a fun hang-out for kids and teens. I the rec-room basement is great, and as a total sci-fi geek myself I really appreciate all the space related decor. And I like that you put in a family washroom with toddler toilets.

@pearlbh I like your rooms for rent concept. You did a beautiful job on the interior. It has a very dignified and unified feel throughout the house that makes it seem like more mature sims own the place. I particularity like your central sitting room area.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Thank you @GlacierSnow for your kind comments
    I did it this time! :smiley:

Challenge Number: 5
    Origin ID: GhostofNobody
    Gallery Name of Build: Artist's Urban Hideaway

Gallery Link: https://ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/94328CBB66F111EA83B256A050AF8D5F?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=GhostofNobody&max=50&maxis=false

Link to slideshow: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/973424/artists-urban-hideaway-glaciersnows-build-for-march-2020-blueprint-build-challenge#latest

Additional Notes: I built this for the penthouse lot in San Myshuno's Arts Quarter. I was thinking of an art and music loving couple who want some garden space as well as easy access to the city life. It ended up a little pricey (around 60,000 I think), so probably not for the "starving artist", but good for some sims who have gotten their careers going well. Two "bedrooms" were turned into art and music rooms.

Space for Pictures:

BB5-016-Outside-whole-view.jpg

BB5-003-Living-room.jpg
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Beautiful @GlacierSnow Great idea to make a penthouse!
    Artist’s Urban Hideaway is a lovely home! @GlacierSnow :) Very nice exterior design, sloped roofing, and lovely outdoors patio areas! Very nice patio area where Sims can enjoy painting on the easel or do a mural on the wall. They will enjoy relaxing on the loungers. Very nice gardening area! They will enjoy growing plants in the gardening boxes and doing flower arranging on the table. The flower boxes on edges are pretty! Very lovely furnishing of the interior! The blue colors of the walls are very nice and the patterned rugs are a nice touch. Very nice music room! Sims will enjoy mixing music there and playing the instruments. The music themed wail art is very nice! The patterned curtains are pretty! Very nice art studio room! Sims will enjoy painting on the easel, and looking out through the windows at the views. The sunflowers are a sunny touch on the table.
    It is a very nice home! :)
  • nucleonidenucleonide Posts: 216 Member
    edited March 2020
    Challenge Number: 5
    Origin ID: nucleonide
    Gallery Name of Build: Mahi-Mahi Beach House
    Gallery Link: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/066438DF67C711EA80722BEB039685A8
    Link to slideshow: https://imgur.com/a/ea2Grjz

DCCtKsj.png
    The forum's censoring the URL for the second photo (the top view of the lot), so... just please check the slideshow :D

Nothing too fancy this month. Only base game + Island Living this time, just because I really wanted to make a Sulani lot. Also no moveobjects or showhiddenobjects, etc. :lol:

P.S.: Mahi-mahi is the name of the fish, but I also used it because of the names of the family I used to playtest it with: Marissa and Hideki Aulani. You can see them in the slideshow photos, with their twin children: Mari and Koto. :)
    Owns: (EPs) GTW, GT, CL, S, CD, GF, IL, EL / (GPs) SD, PH, JA, DO / (SPs) MHSP, BYSP, VGSP, BNSP, LDSP, MSP
    Mahi-Mahi Beach House is a lovely island beach home! @nucleonide :) Very nice exterior design, blue wood walls and great weathered roofing! Very nice front porch and great lounger area on the back deck.Very lovely furnishing of the interior! The blue, yellow and green colours are very nice. Very nice natural textures of the furnishings and the patterned floor rugs look nice in the rooms. The sofa seats tv watching area with the round table is very nice. Very nice combined bedroom and games room! The curtain off bed area is very nice and families will enjoy playing card games in the other room area.
    It is a very nice family beach home! :)
    That looks great @nucleonide I love how you included the family in your pictures!
    Beautiful house @nucleonide ! I really like the guest room/activity room combo and the living room.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
  • MikkiMikkiMikkiMMikkiMikkiMikkiM Posts: 213 Member
    Looking really good, @nucleonide ! What did you use on the walls? I was looking for something similar last week and couldn't find it.
    Challenge Number:
    Origin ID: AlJay2000
    Gallery Name of Build: The Summer Cabin
    Gallery Link: The Summer Cabin
    Link to slideshow: March Challenge
    Additional Notes:
    I'm starting to think about summer time in my head, so I made a vacation home in Granite Falls.
    Space for Pictures:
    Nd9Ic4C.png
    Y37RMQr.png
    The Summer Cabin is a lovely family home for Granite Falls! @AlJay :) Very nice exterior design, wood texture and the flower pots are pretty on the front porch.Very nice outdoors areas! Sims will have fun playing horseshoes and chess on the porch, enjoy sitting around the campfire keeping warm and enjoy cooking on the bbq and eating outdoors in the air. Very lovely furnishing of the interior! The brown colour scheme and the natural wood texture of the furnishings is very nice and is calming. The flowers are a pretty touch on the dining table and very nice brown wall tiling in the kitchen. The hot chocolate items and cereal box are homely touches. Your wall art is beautiful! Very nice design and furnishing of each of the bedroom.The bunk bed in the kids room is creatively great! The jackalope toy is cute!
    It is a lovely cabin for Summer! :)
    Thank you so much @rosemow <3
    That's beautiful @AlJay ! I love all the wooden furniture ad textures. The master bedroom with the "curly branches headboard" bed (don't know how to describe that better) and the black and white rug is exquisite. It looks like a slightly more upscale cabin, but still cozy and rustic. Nice job!
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top