The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 2: 50 FUN LITTLE DETAILS not in Sims 3 & Sims 4

2...Next

Comments

• AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,197 Member
    I love how Sims 2 allows you to easily build apartments and townhouses. It is great how you can build a building and then designate units with a special door. This feature gives us a ton of control. I wanted to make a townhouse in Sims 3 and Sims 4 but this is impossible because there is no way to designate areas as an individual apartment.
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    Just watched these today. So interesting to see it pup up in here.
    It made me realise how much little details we had in TS2 and it gave more clearance on why most of us love and cherish this version of The Sims so much! We should always remember this, cause the memories of TS2 could help bringing this back into the next game.
  • goofycorinogoofycorino Posts: 7 New Member
    It was the little details in TS2 that made me take forever to transition into TS3. I really enjoyed the horses and the ability to go visit a neighbor without a loading screen but that was all that I enjoyed in TS3 and would always go back to my fist love TS2. I really love TS4, but miss the "little things" the Sims did in TS2.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I know they can slow dance in 3, but I am so happy I am back with 2 right now! This is the game that got me so invested in my couples and their families. Not 3. Not 4.

yEXNFjq.png
  • Jaline33Jaline33 Posts: 1,167 Member
    I adore TS2 for the many detailed interactions between Sims (far more than TS4 and somewhat more than TS3). However, what intrigued me about TS3 initially was the ability to customize everything. I can make houses that look like dilapidated shacks - and - I can build ultra-luxurious homes as well as everything in between. The diversity, creativity tools, and the many, many options are what keeps me shifting back to TS3 over and over again. That is the first time I have stayed anchored in a Sims iteration since the very beginning.

The Sims (original) hooked me in due to the build tools - something I had wanted for years. Then came the 3D look and feel of TS2 along with its amazing interactions between all Sims of all ages. TS3's open world and other features mentioned above became super important to me. Although I do play TS4 it is my least favourite due to the restrictions, limitations, and lack of options.

If it is true that TS5 is going to be multiplayer and have competitions and challenges (in other words, gameplay that has goals set by the game itself), it won't be a game for me to enjoy. I will stay with TS3 with the occasional visit to TS2 when I am feeling nostalgic.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    The many cleaning jobs sims had to do: counters, sinks, stoves, showers/tubs, toilets. If your sim was high in neat there were bubbles as they cleaned and the items took longer to get dirty. There were sound effects, cleaning sinks gave you sponge on sink noises for example. Toilet cloged, time forthe plunger. Sims could juggle coffee cups and bottles, get two sims on it and they would toss from one sim to the other, speaking English on occasion though I forget now what the phrase was. Their sad expressions & sounds and droopy posture when they burnt their meals - wanted to get into the game and comfort them. How they would boo or cheer when another sim was playing a musical instrument depending on how well they were doing it. Autonomous jumping rope - boost both fun and fitness in one go.
    Have found that even when there are no newspapers on the lot sims will still read one if the bathroom trip is for a #2. It's videos like this that emphasize the loyalty level of TS2 players, showing for all to see the great level of caring that went into it.
    Something noticed yesterday, in TS2 sims shooting baskets react to the results of their shots, as do any other sims close by. In 4 th sims just keep on shooting with no reaction, like robots not little people.
  • Aristarchus310Aristarchus310 Posts: 16 Member
    I miss the Sims 2.
    A not so little thing is that in TS2 build mode one can move around as freely as in live mode. In 4 that does not exist, only a sort of if you know the right combination of keys to press along with the mouse. Not a good idea. Even TS1 does it better.
  • simlicious2015simlicious2015 Posts: 373 Member
    This thread is so depressing. :'(
    I do miss sims 2 though...but I guess if you’re a new comer into the community you don’t really know what’s missing if you’ve never had it. Maybe EA is trying to target the newbies instead of the OG’s, if you know what I mean?
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    I do miss sims 2 though...but I guess if you’re a new comer into the community you don’t really know what’s missing if you’ve never had it. Maybe EA is trying to target the newbies instead of the OG’s, if you know what I mean?

100% this. I haven't felt like they cared about the series since TS4 started and they can get away with it because the newer crowd just doesn't know what they are missing.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
    Camkat wrote: »

100% this. I haven't felt like they cared about the series since TS4 started and they can get away with it because the newer crowd just doesn't know what they are missing.

And they have seen to it that they can't find out. The only reason I have UC is because I asked for help with a less than cooperative disk installation on a new windows 10 machine. The rep kindly gave me the code and the tweaks I found here in the forums. Fortunately, my ancient XP machine is still running faithfully so have a full disk based installation there as well. The only way now may be to find a running XP machine and then raid ebay, flea markets, and such for the disks.

While it may be depressing to be reminded of wha 4 is missing, it's nice to re-visit the glory days of simming when we had an incredible game, a fabulous website, and a massive host of player built sites with everything imaginable.