Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Interaction types and object compatibility

illustratahillustratah Posts: 34 Member
edited March 5 in Nominated Threads
Hello!
Am I correct in assuming, that certain objects can only take certain types of interactions?
I'm trying to make a custom object with an custom interaction with the Sims 4 Studio. I noticed that, if I for example, use a painting object as a base to build my custom object on, then that object can only take SuperInteractions and not immediateSuperInteractions as interaction tunings. With the clock "The Sentinel" it can only take ImmediateSuperInteractions and not SuperInteractions?

Thanks.
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• TURBODRIVERTURBODRIVER Posts: 68 Member
    edited March 2020
    Hey! It's not that complicated what can be used one what, so I will explain to you the basics of the core interactions.

When using an object, you're actually using an interaction on the Sim itself with the Target of the object. For it to work, it's important that you have it set to the target type of OBJECT and not ACTOR or GROUP within the interaction tuning itself. Interactions like SuperInteraction, ImmedieteSuperInteraction, and MixerInteraction is what you want to use for the most part with objects. Things like SocialSuperInteraction and SocialMixerInteraction are for Sims talking. Sims are actually objects too, so you can use pretty much anything on them. That's without going into details on how interactions themselves work and what limitations they come with.

To specifically answer "can [it] only take ImmediateSuperInteractions and not SuperInteractions?", no, all objects can use ImmediateSuperInteractions and SuperInteractions, always. There's more that objects can use, but it depends on how they are made.
    And as I mentioned, make sure the interaction is actually set to be used on an OBJECT, it's both important for manual use and especially for autonomy to work.
  • illustratahillustratah Posts: 34 Member
    Hello!
    Thank you for your time explaining it, I think I see what you mean.

Do you happen to know how the Dizzy Palms ceiling fan animates? I cannot seem to find an animation tuning or ASM for it in Sims 4 Studio.

Thanks. :)
  • TURBODRIVERTURBODRIVER Posts: 68 Member
    Hello!
    Thank you for your time explaining it, I think I see what you mean.

Do you happen to know how the Dizzy Palms ceiling fan animates? I cannot seem to find an animation tuning or ASM for it in Sims 4 Studio.

Thanks. :)

Unfortunately, I'm not in a position that allows me to look into it, but if I remember correctly, object states are used for that purpose. I think Andrew has written a tutorial on it that can be found on the Sims4Studio forum.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top