Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Women behind The Sims - International Women's Day Q&A

EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
Sul sul, Simmers, and happy International Women’s Day!

We’re thrilled to be celebrating everyone who identifies as a woman today, especially our players! Thanks to you, this community is the greatest in gaming (we’re not biased at alllll). As such, we wanted to give you a chance to learn a little more about the women behind The Sims brand right from the source: our female SimGurus!

Over the next few days, this thread will be open for you to ask them questions. Get to know more about these SimGurus, ask about their experiences as women, and soak in their wisdom—they have a lot to contribute! Our SimGurus will answer as many questions as they can, and we’ll post their responses at the end of the month.

ypeki006pjus.png

While you anxiously await their responses, we want to take a moment to recognize the awesome female Sims you’ve created! Use this space to share your favorites, explain why you love them, and maybe inspire other players to push the boundaries with their own Sims.

Then check back in late March to read the answers to your questions!
Post edited by EA_Mai on

Comments

• ChuChuExpressChuChuExpress Posts: 3,228 Member
    edited March 2020
    I have so many favourite female sims in my save, but Shine Furystrykar, who is my avatar, is my favourite. Not only is she an amazing mother of three, she's a talented archaeologist.
    02-22-20_10-00-04%25C2%25A0AM.png
    And here she is, getting her revenge on a skeleton:
    02-27-20_10-44-43%25C2%25A0PM.png

And then there's Chloe Furystrykar, a 5 star celebrity. Here she is, singing 'Be Kind'
    02-29-20_10-17-15%25C2%25A0AM.png
    Her rise to fame was her travel guides, and she donated to mental health charities. Chloe Furystrykar's tile has a tribute to someone who shared her initials, with the words 'Be Kind'.

And as an addendum, the lyrics to Chloe's song, 'Be Kind' are under the spoiler:
    Be kind to those less fortunate,
    Be kind to those with nothing left,
    Be kind, to the whole world around you.

Be kind to those who are alone,
    Be kind to those without a home,
    Be kind, to the whole world around you.

No matter the creed or colour,
    Doesn't matter whether you're thin or fat,
    There are those, that will still love you.

In a world that is full of grief,
    In a world that is full of strife,
    Remember, that love is all around.

Treat each other with respect,
    Doesn't matter if they're blind or deaf,
    Remember, that love is all around.

No matter if you're severely ill,
    Doesn't matter whether you're old or young,
    There are those, that will still love you.

I'll end, by saying above all else, be kind.
    Post edited by ChuChuExpress on
    e6581e69b0d7d8f9e02cb1e30b50f464959bfb2a.png
    Sims 4 Family: Benjamin, Shine, Princess Roddy, Sophia and Hamish Furystrykar and Shelly Heart. Princess Roddy is my avatar, and he's a boy!
    Let those smiles spread!
  • RainesimsRainesims Posts: 901 Member
    edited March 2020
    Question for the Gurus- Have you had any difficulties that were caused by your gender in what i can imagine is a male dominated career ? If so how have you overcome them?
    My fave female sim is also my avatar .. and my signature :') Madison <3 She is a mother of three, married to a crime boss, a graduate of foxbury with a distinguished degree in Economics, shes an entrepreneur with her own business, she works as a model and has a large social media following. She is very charitable and is well known for her good deeds. She lives in Oasis Springs and was kind of an 'ugly duckling' But she has come a long way from her childhood days in Strangerville :3 also (im sorry i use so much alpha cc xD but i dont use cc in building :') )Also this is amazing <3 I'm looking forward to seeing everyones sims and hearing from the women behind the sims <3nEhkUrB.jpg
    pRaSdLy.jpg
    QWO48ni.jpg

gallery: RainesimsUwU
  • MikkiMikkiMikkiMMikkiMikkiMikkiM Posts: 213 Member
    I have a bunch of favorites ^_^

Firstly, this Sim whose save game I unfortunately lost, and I hadn't saved her to the gallery, so I lost her a while back and don't actually remember her name. But I loved her dearly.

chupF4U.png
    C849jXk.png

NqNz0tJ.png

cKfYqqi.png

26OgE7c.png

tfLeEqd.png

aexrCeR.png

Then there's Shinee Sparkel, who's ready to take the world by storm and become a renowned party-organizer!

IQX9SQJ.png
    aEyJJn7.png

YkscYhL.png

wI2dtF4.png

And last but not least: Cissy Lavender (also pictured in my avatar) and her partner

uNAS6fV.png
    [img][/img]

6ipwKKR.png

RbQs9wU.png

QHsFHOL.png

T8jZ9Lt.png
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    edited March 2020
    the sim in my avatar is my favorite sim female she's an alien my favorite life state in sims 4 her name is casey leary
    I would like to ask if you have thought about adding things to the game like an event to pick out wedding dresses in sims 4
    or maybe a baby shower event those are big events in a woman's life and I would really like to see that in game
    I would also like to see more done with pregnancy in game like cravings and mood swings

also I would like to know if mothers day could be added to the game
    I understand if you cant answer my earlier questions
    is it cool working on sims games
    do you like playing sims games
    as a woman do you wish some of the things I asked about could be added to the game I understand that not all the things you want can be added
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Meet Perry Pizza, She has recently been promoted to the highest rank of the Detective Career. Here she is with one of her step children Coventry Lester. Perry has three adopted children, and 6 stepchildren (3 of which live with her,3 that live with their mother but spend a lot of time visiting.) However, she would one day like to have her own bio child with her husband as well.

Lgm4Fx5.png

Teen Siblings Zelda-Jane & Jenny Quinn. Two kids in a large family that has 5 bio daughters, and 3 adopted sons.
    0VFY6OV.png

Carla Lumberjackson (Pictured with her husband Kurt). Recently married and living in a tree house where she wants a large family.

9uBkvmT.png

Connor Quinn and her mother Sarah, both accomplished archaeologists and Sarah is also a famous writer, while Connor prefers to focus on photography. (Connor is the oldest sibling of Zelda-Jane and Jenny pictured above)
    JuXWtTE.png

China Bennett-Pries
    Lives in Sulani and works as a conservationist. Her husband is Erwin Pries and they have a daughter named Itzel and a son named Knox.
    C9LFIWB.jpg
  • ImSandsImSands Posts: 329 Member
    First a request - can you please post the Sims from the Tiny Living trailer to the Gallery? I noticed that you have the female Sim from Tiny Living the image promoting this thread, but she's not available for us (at least I can't find her).

Second, question - as a female Sim Guru, are there any game play features that have turned out differently due to your female perspective compared to how they might have originally been envisioned?
  • NindlNindl Posts: 510 Member
    This my favourite Sim, Jill. I have played with her since I got the Sims 4 in summer 2018. She is my favourite Sim to play with. :)

otPQAaJ.jpg

Click "show" for a few more fun screenshots!
    lUTKOxt.jpg
    H65i2xv.jpg
    i9TPSJ4.jpg
    63qBT80.jpg
    WPXXxet.jpg
    Hm3QZpz.jpg
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    There are plenty of questions I have, but since this is for women's day I'll focus on two major ones I'd like to see for the game; pregnancy and babies.

1. Any chance that we'll see any updates to pregnancy in the future? This, along with overhauled babies, is something that has been highly requested. Pregnancy is a huge (if not the biggest) moment in a woman's life after all, so it would be something great to have with a greater level of detail in TS4. I think it would be great to see features such as pregnancy cravings, maternity clothes, birthing classes, baby showers, gender reveal parties, and nursery shopping to make the pregnancy have more depth. I also think it would be really nice to be able to have higher order multiples such as quads and quints in game, even if it's just a small chance. Just last month a thread was made with ideas on how to improve on this area in the game. It would mean a lot of the gurus could take a look at it.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/972130/how-can-we-make-pregnancy-and-infants-more-interesting-for-this-game-or-future-ones/p1

2. As for babies, any chance of them being overhauled? Many simmers would like to see actual babies with gameplay and depth. For a woman, raising her baby and teaching them how to crawl, take their first step, say their first word, and overall spend quality time with them is extremely important. This is something very important to me as a woman and my female family members, and it would be very enjoyable to see it represented in game.

Are the gurus familiar with the gameplay of babies in Sims Freeplay? I totally recommend looking at it for ideas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBJqbJpbETs

As a woman, these are very important aspects of life that I think would give new life to the game and make it more enjoyable for many players, including female players, especially in terms of content for female sims. Even if the gurus choose not to answer this post, I hope at the very least that it will be seen.
  • SvineprutterSvineprutter Posts: 2,305 Member
    4IwNbpx.png
    Zpj9msL.png
  • TheYayToastTheYayToast Posts: 1,466 Member
    Hi there! I play a berry Sim legacy and one of my favorite female Sims has been my third generation heir, Fern.

fern.jpg

Fern is a polyamorous bisexual woman. She faces judgment and criticism for her romantic preferences, but still preservers and thrives first in the corporate world and then in the political world.

fern4_056-1.jpg

She eventually finds a partner that accepts her for who she is and supports her move into the political arena.

fern6_020.jpg
  • mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    edited March 2020
    1. Has EA been kind with work-share, work from home, part time work and similar opportunities? One of the biggest issues that forced me out of software industry was the fact that if you're a woman that wants a family, or a woman with a disability, you got to act like one of the men and sacrifice your desires in a full time office environment with overtime hours required. I would like to hear from women in EA if they feel better treated, similar, did they have to make sacrifices to work the jobs that they do and do they regret their career choices.
    2. How high up the ladder is the highest ranking woman on EA/Sims team? Are women relegated more to the bottom positions, or is EA equal opportunity? What % of each role is made up of women?
    3. I have little hope for The Sims 4, but is there hope that The Sims 5 will have more in-depth family dynamic like The Sims 2 did? As a woman, I am very interested in family play. I know that this is not exclusive to women, but I always had this dream of being a typical housewife with a big family. I can't live this dream in reality, but I would like to in sims. For this to happen, I need distinct age stage gameplay, good family interactions, family recognition by the game. The Sims 4 provided none of that. For one thing even our family trees still get culled and teens look like adults. I need to know will I get to experience that again, or has EA forsaken me as not core audience?
    Post edited by mirta000 on
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    This is Ariana, the founder sim of my Everything Legacy:

Ariana.png?dl=0

She graduated with honours at Britechester, completing her Economics degree in 3 semesters. She went on to complete the Academic aspiration, become the Head Chancellor in the education career and also raised twin boys. Sadly, she died as an elder whilst contributing her wealth of knowledge on the research archive machine. She is now at rest beside her husband in Deadgrass Cemetery, having passed away before any of her grandchildren were born.
    YkqthB5.png
    Zpj9msL.png
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    I don't know how to upload my screen shots to the forum and all the ways it's telling me don't make any sense. I wish I could post a picture of my sim. Anyhow I have this sim called Olivia Goth who is for me is a feminist and inspiring. She is lives alone in Willow Creek, is very independant and is a very successful archaeologist. She is the 2nd highest accomplised Goth family member second behind that of her 1st cousin Eliza (who married my simself's daughter). Olivia is Alexander Goth and Luna Villareal's daughter, she has a brother Luther who she is very close to and he is very supportive of her. I guess for me she is someone who is a strong independant female who can be happy by herself and live the life she wants to live, with or without influence of others whether that be male or female. To me that is a strong person irrespective of the gender are and I personally find her an inspiring sim.
    netney52 wrote: »
    I don't know how to upload my screen shots to the forum and all the ways it's telling me don't make any sense. I wish I could post a picture of my sim. Anyhow I have this sim called Olivia Goth who is for me is a feminist and inspiring. She is lives alone in Willow Creek, is very independant and is a very successful archaeologist. She is the 2nd highest accomplised Goth family member second behind that of her 1st cousin Eliza (who married my simself's daughter). Olivia is Alexander Goth and Luna Villareal's daughter, she has a brother Luther who she is very close to and he is very supportive of her. I guess for me she is someone who is a strong independant female who can be happy by herself and live the life she wants to live, with or without influence of others whether that be male or female. To me that is a strong person irrespective of the gender are and I personally find her an inspiring sim.

Make a screenshot of the picture ingame You desire. Open Paint and paste that picture into Paint and save the picture in a new folder on your computer.
    Open Imgur, make an account and upload the picture You saved.
    Make a copy of BBC code in Imgur.
    Go to the thread on the forum here You want to share your picture at and paste the code into your post and submit.
    You have shared your picture on the Forum.
    (Use Google to find Imgur, it is free to use)
    Zpj9msL.png
  • capturethemagiccapturethemagic Posts: 249 Member
    edited March 2020
    I have a sim called Izabelle Purple who works as a Style Influencer, balancing that with being a single mum to a toddler called Jodi, she is wonderful!

https://imgur.com/hq1vLIc
    Post edited by capturethemagic on
    c22f90da185c99d211adfff586bffe45.png
    edited March 2020
    I have a sim called Izabelle Purple who works as a Style Influencer, balancing that with being a single mum to a toddler called Jodi, she is wonderful!

((Anybody know how to post screenshots? Can't get Imgur to work xx))

I'll give it a try:
    It takes a few steps to make it work
    While I play Sims 4, I press the Print Screen button, that makes a screenshot. This screnshot I paste into a new document in Paint, save it and then I go to Imgur. In Imgur I upload the picture I saved in Paint, click the new picture in Imgur and select copy of the BBC code. Then I quote your post, write some and paste the code (BBC code) and submit.
    iZIGxgr.png

Post edited by Svineprutter on
    Zpj9msL.png
  • WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 2,748 Member

This was a tough choice, but my favourite female sim to play has been Jelly Moulder.
    B9Vv19m.png?1
    Jelly lives in Strangerville and is the first vampire to join the local army. She has faced a lot of prejudice from her work colleagues and her neighbours (up until recently she was the only vampire living in the town) but worked hard and pushed on regardless. She now has one of the best work records in her platoon. She is optimistic, determined and never lets anything hold her back. Sometimes she jumps into situations without thinking, but learns quickly from her mistakes. Her vampire abilities also come in handy for stealthy undercover investigations, making her a big help in solving the Strangerville mystery.
    wkFBrgc.png
    Though a tough fighter, she has a big heart and a soft spot for cuddly toys. :)
  • SheriGRSheriGR Posts: 795 Member
    edited March 2020
    My fav sim would have to be my legacy matriarch and sim-self, Sheri. I play with aging off so this sim has mad skills. She and hubby are the parents of 7 or 8 (I'd have to check in all of my saves). I mainly play large households involving at least one of their kids and spouse. I play rather communally. Large, supportive families that work their fannies off.... and test my builds.

My profile pic is from a challenge I did where I reproduced our home. I had her testing something and noticed she'd slipped off to the computer and was literally eating at 'my computer' and in the keyboard (a bug I won't go into). Ironic part is I have destroyed several keyboards irl... by eating at my desk. 😱😂
    6LURuSI.jpg
    Nc7cssE.jpg  VcgaDm6.jpg
    Post edited by SheriGR on
    Sims 4 Gallery
    EA ID: SheriGR
    TWITTER: https://twitter.com/SheriGr
    "What does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." ― Micah 6:8
  • rachelwolferachelwolfe Posts: 110 Member
    Hi, SimGurus! Thank you for all the great work that you do, and for making this such an inclusive game in front of the scenes. My questions for behind-the-scenes:

1) Is your boss a woman?
    2) Is her boss a woman?
    3) How about hers?
    4) Regardless of level, are you paid the same as your male peers, just like in the game?

And if you're a higher-up and the answers to these questions are mostly no, why not?

I love this game, in large part because of its inclusivity. I would like to encourage all SimGurus, female and male, to walk the walk behind the scenes, too, by doing everything in their power to ensure that equal pay and equal opportunity at promotion is just as much a thing in your offices as it is in your splendid game.
  • HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    edited March 2020
    netney52 wrote: »

Make a screenshot of the picture ingame You desire. Open Paint and paste that picture into Paint and save the picture in a new folder on your computer.
    Open Imgur, make an account and upload the picture You saved.
    Make a copy of BBC code in Imgur.
    Go to the thread on the forum here You want to share your picture at and paste the code into your post and submit.
    You have shared your picture on the Forum.
    (Use Google to find Imgur, it is free to use)

@netney52 I have a shorter version for you... :)

1. Press “C” on your keyboard to take the desired screenshot.
    2. Head over to your Documents folder and find “Electronic Arts” > “The Sims 4”. The “Screenshots” folder should be in there.
    3. Upload it to your desired image sharing platform. I recommend imgur.
    4. Grab the Direct Link of the image and paste it with the image BBCode.
    wB2Zykl.jpg
    @Hestia
    Sims 4 will put screenshots in the Screenshot Folder You mentioned and a lot of pictures will slow the game down. Therefor I think it is best to save pictures somewhere else on the HD.
    Maybe pictures need to be kept the same place on HD, for the image sharing programme to work properly. Maybe.
    Zpj9msL.png
  • coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,032 Member
    xwTwd6M.png
    This is my Cathleen Sullivan from my main family, and she went to Sixam to explore. In this picture, she's playing her guitar, but she became good friends with a alien.
    4kkjdXo.png

• JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,957 Member
    a8DiyDd.png
    This young lady from 2700 years ago would not have been allowed to vote or own property.
  • SamanthaGSamanthaG Posts: 1 New Member
    Isn't it kind of an insult for Laundry Day pack to be on sale at this time for International Women's Day? We could do better.....