Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No Maxis Monthly in March

Side note, I wish that this information was communicated through multiple channels and not in a single reply tweet, but I do believe that at some point this was going to be posted on the forums.

Comments

• ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Not surprising. Hopefully by the time the maxis monthlies return they'll have changed the name to something more fitting.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,422 Member
    Thank you for letting us know. It is a shame the devs can't be bothered to post this themselves on the forum. At least we have friendly simmers to post the news for those who don't follow twitter.

As for the Maxis monthly, I am OK with not having one every month but this is a really long pause. The 20th anniversary patch did not have enough substance to justify a maxis monthly but I was hoping we would be getting something interesting before the end of the month.
  • HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    Very disappointing but I am also not surprised with the direction of the franchise as of now.
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • kusurusukusurusu Posts: 971 Member
    Three months in a row cancelled already, instead of just once (no MM in March, June, August and October 2019).
    My SuperSim Collection: Rosetta Stone · Sona Ali
  • mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    Thank you for letting us know. It is a shame the devs can't be bothered to post this themselves on the forum. At least we have friendly simmers to post the news for those who don't follow twitter.

As for the Maxis monthly, I am OK with not having one every month but this is a really long pause. The 20th anniversary patch did not have enough substance to justify a maxis monthly but I was hoping we would be getting something interesting before the end of the month.

After I posted it, I noticed that there was already a post about it on Simguru Twitter megathread, but it's a shame that we got to run around looking for this instead of getting announcements from the official sources. Like, even if it was just the official TheSims twitter, it would be easier to track than all the Guru accounts individually.
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    mirta000 wrote: »
    Atreya33 wrote: »

After I posted it, I noticed that there was already a post about it on Simguru Twitter megathread, but it's a shame that we got to run around looking for this instead of getting announcements from the official sources. Like, even if it was just the official TheSims twitter, it would be easier to track than all the Guru accounts individually.

Should just be a sticky at the top of the site here like the announcements for voting and the Friday highlights.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    $10 says no MM in April either. Any takers?
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    That's a whole lot of nothing from Maxis.
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    They should call it Maxis Occasionally.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • MadIrisMadIris Posts: 594 Member
    Maxis Whenever the Mood Strikes Us
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    They should drop the “monthly” and just call it a Maxis Livestream because they have not met the criteria to be considered a “monthly” program in years.
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    edited March 2020
    ...I keep telling you people they don't care about us...but...ya know...-shrug-
    I mean...didn't even bother telling us?

It's disgusting they just ignore us like this....Sorry not sorry.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,444 Member
    For anyone who missed it, they did announce a few months back that they were no longer doing monthly streams and that they would instead announce when they were doing one.

So moving forward, we should expect no streams unless they say otherwise.
    #Team Occult
  • mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    For anyone who missed it, they did announce a few months back that they were no longer doing monthly streams and that they would instead announce when they were doing one.

Renaming it might be a good idea. Even the tweet is calling it a "monthly".
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member

Hopefully we hear soon about if they're gonna go back to quarterly reveals or whatever, it was really nice when they gave us that roadmap last summer of what to expect. i didn't feel the need to have monthly updates then because i knew that they were working on something instead of just silence
    mirta000 wrote: »

Renaming it might be a good idea. Even the tweet is calling it a "monthly".

They really should. It's misleading at this point.
    cheescaeks wrote: »

Hopefully we hear soon about if they're gonna go back to quarterly reveals or whatever, it was really nice when they gave us that roadmap last summer of what to expect. i didn't feel the need to have monthly updates then because i knew that they were working on something instead of just silence

I loved that last year. I really hope they do that again at the beginning of the quarter (April) because there's usually a drought for a few months between April and June and it would be nice to have an idea of what to expect.
    #Team Occult
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,422 Member
    I would like a road map as well. It is nice to know a little bit about what is coming, even if it is nothing more than a pack name or a theme/title. It would give us something to look forward to.

I remember that announcement. I rather have no Maxis monthly than an episode about something completely different like Alexa.
    But as long as they don't announce anything we have nothing to look forward too.

I hope we get a game pack this spring but with zero communication about future content or updates, I don't know if I can expect this or if I am getting my hopes up for nothing.
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    I don't think it's gonna be called Maxis Monthly for much longer, tbh, or the content will vary. Back in January, Frost mentioned that they're going to change up how they work:

They've turned into announcements of new content but it seems pretty restricting: there's no point talking about a patch since we get written notes for those that work better, they can't talk about packs or content that hasn't been announced yet, they have to be super careful what they say because every word is taken as a hint whether it's meant to be or not, pack announcements have been given their own announcement process. Whatever the original goal of the MM streams was, it's clearly not working long-term.
  • LuxuryLuxury Posts: 127 Member
    I don't think that they've ever announced that there was no MM without someone asking about it first
  • DivieOwlDivieOwl Posts: 1,161 Member
    Not surprising. Hopefully by the time the maxis monthlies return they'll have changed the name to something more fitting.

Right!

Maxis Occasionally's
    Maxis When-We-Feel-Like-It's
    Maxis Once-In-A-While's.
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Well, when they have it the forum complains that they don't like it, and when they don't have it the forum complains that it isn't happening. Seems like a lose-lose.
    I think they could call it "Maxis Moments". The streams usually aren't that long and if they're only once in a while it would make more sense.
    #Team Occult