Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

March Patch Speculation 2020

Comments

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    well that kind of kills hope for a pack this month no patch no pack

Frost didnt say no patch he said TBD.
  • IrdiwenIrdiwen Posts: 574 Member
    I’m curious what they are so busy with. And once again, the lack of information is pretty killing.
    Simmer since 2000! Sims 1, Sims, 2, Sims 3, Sims 4. Legacy player at heart.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    A pre game pack patch?

Is this not jumping the gun a little? We don’t know when the next dlc is coming, we don’t even know if the next dlc will be a game pack.

• NindlNindl Posts: 510 Member

What does TBD even stand for? To be done? Or to be determined?
    Not a fan of such abbreviations. :sweat_smile:
  • NoirStasisNoirStasis Posts: 243 Member
    Nindl wrote: »

What does TBD even stand for? To be done? Or to be determined?
    Not a fan of such abbreviations. :sweat_smile:

"To be determined"
  • mimilu04mimilu04 Posts: 83 Member
    A pre game pack patch?

Is this not jumping the gun a little? We don’t know when the next dlc is coming, we don’t even know if the next dlc will be a game pack.

This is a speculation thread...

I personally think we'll get a spring GP and a June EP, similarly as last year. That's why I believe the next patch will be in preparation for the next dlc.
    A pre game pack patch?

Were overdue for a Gamepack and Expansions usually release in June. April is there fiscal so it will be a dry month.
  • Sakuske1Sakuske1 Posts: 86 Member
    A pre game pack patch?

Were overdue for a Gamepack and Expansions usually release in June. April is there fiscal so it will be a dry month.

Well, they did say they were doing unexpected things this year, so maybe April's not out of the question if nothing comes in March.
    Check out my Gallery with Origin ID: kkranich
  • NoirStasisNoirStasis Posts: 243 Member
    edited March 2020
    I don't know why they call it Maxis monthly, the last one was in Dec and now its March and we aren't getting one this month.... Hopefully, they are working on the feedback they were given from the last survey. What was mentioned the most was probably, babies, cars, and stuff like that.

Now I'm seeing a lot of comments about a Royalty pack. Don't get me wrong, I want a Royalty pack ( real bad), but the thing is it would be a bad pack because there is no story progression, the Monarch/Patriarchy could die out in a flash. So what would they do; constantly have new random townies take over the role with one mom/dad and a kid in the household everytime if your not playing them? What about having royals marry only other Sims who are royals/have titles? The pool of candidates would always die out and be generated with weird townies or you would be micromanaging everyone even remotely having anything to do with main lineage. The family tree would be a bare lineage which is already frustrating. I'm glad console has gallery now because I can add Sim households that others have worked on and have skills and possibility of aspirations and job progression already. But micromanaging is frustrating and becomes a chore just to be able to play the way you want to, nothing can ever occur fluently or naturally in the TS4.

And what about when babies are born, wouldn't people/paparazzi like to see the newborn; how are they suppose to show off the baby when it's an object tied to a bassinet?

I'd rather them work on bug fixes, feedback from the survey, the knitting community stuff pack, and fixing the gallery( fix that error some console players are having man...) to make sure its good to go before they start worrying about exp, game, or another stuff pack ( and that is a lot of stuff).
  • chele5213chele5213 Posts: 32 Member
    Anybody watch Chicago PD? In one episode Ruzek says something like "Let's get to Molly's (it's a bar) and make some bad decision." Gonna assume they went to Molly's.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    The only thing that makes sense to me at this point with patch "to be determined" is that the next pack - whatever it is - is running behind schedule for whatever reason - I'd expect some sort of technical delay. They don't know when they'll get it worked out and don't want to commit to anything until they do.

And I'd rather they release whatever it is done well and done right than contribute to the perception that they don't care.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    The only thing that makes sense to me at this point with patch "to be determined" is that the next pack - whatever it is - is running behind schedule for whatever reason - I'd expect some sort of technical delay. They don't know when they'll get it worked out and don't want to commit to anything until they do.

And I'd rather they release whatever it is done well and done right than contribute to the perception that they don't care.

yes I would rather they have the time they need to make the game the best it can be but I still wish we could get some news
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • mimilu04mimilu04 Posts: 83 Member

« To be determined » maybe has to do with them trying to reduce the delay between pc and console releases as every patch and pack have to be approved by Sony and Microsoft.

• 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,553 Member
    I for one am glad that we no longer get useless Maxis Monthlys sheduled. Even though the name is no longer fitting, I like the concept of not having a Maxis Monthly when there is nothing new to say.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen

I agree. I don't want the pack to be so buggy it breaks the game.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,176 Member
    edited March 2020
    No free content in March
    At the same time I'm still curious to know what they are doing.

TS3 Mac 64-bit update for Catalina isn't released yet, EA_David said early 2020 but it's less and less early.

We are still waiting for TS4 on Steam.
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
    I hope the next patch fixes the tvs that came with Tiny Living so they are compatible with the special event seasonal channels and working out.
    No free content in March

TS3 Mac 64-bit update for Catalina isn't released yet, EA_David said early 2020 but it's less and less early.

Seems like this year is getting off to a slow start with new packs and content granted Tiny Living came out in February. Prehaps the big packs will start coming out in succession this Summer and into the Fall. Same with new content in patches. Personally I think they should give us a free pool update with pool slides,pool waterfalls and pool wave machines.
  • KokoaMilkKokoaMilk Posts: 267 Member
    Don't you think they are going slower due to Covid19? Here in Italy everything is locked down. We cannot go outside if not for medical reasons, to buy food or go to work (but 70% of us work from home now). As far as I know, California has declared state of emergency so maybe they are slowing down... just my opinion
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    edited March 2020
    KokoaMilk wrote: »
    Don't you think they are going slower due to Covid19? Here in Italy everything is locked down. We cannot go outside if not for medical reasons, to buy food or go to work (but 70% of us work from home now). As far as I know, California has declared state of emergency so maybe they are slowing down... just my opinion

Agreed on this. I think a lot of them might be working from home which means they are still working but everything is less efficient time-wise, especially with their complicated approval process.

ETA: working from home also means that live streams are unlikely/impossible to arrange.

No covid has nothing to do with it as their at work Monday thru Friday.
  • KokoaMilkKokoaMilk Posts: 267 Member

No covid has nothing to do with it as their at work Monday thru Friday.

Sorry, don't take it bad, but I have to disagree. Even in my household 3/5 work from home and 2/5 work outside (mon-fri) but the whole situation slowed down the work because there are less people. EA (The Sims) do not work only in Redwood offices and it need just one office to be shut down or 50% of the workers staying in quarantene or working from home to slower it completely.

I really hope that they are not living the same situation we in Italy are (as we are completely blocked and I as a freelancer have no jobs until May :'( ).
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    No free content in March

Seems like this year is getting off to a slow start with new packs and content granted Tiny Living came out in February. Prehaps the big packs will start coming out in succession this Summer and into the Fall. Same with new content in patches. Personally I think they should give us a free pool update with pool slides,pool waterfalls and pool wave machines.

don't forget pool games
    more for sim kids and more drama please
    No free content in March

don't forget pool games

Yes. Hold Breath Contest from TS3 and Merry Mack from TS2.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    I speculate that it will be a dissapointment
    ihavemultiplegamertags