Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Some details the Sims 4 (and 3) doesn't have O.o

13...Next

Comments

• ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Admiral8Q wrote: »
    That does look awesome. Easier to do tattoos , etc...
    How does the in-depth family tree work? Looks the same to me.
    The family tree doesn't maintain relationships for Sims as well and the game culls relationships especially beyond the grandparent level. It doesn't recognize great or in law aunts and uncles, doesn't label adopted and half relations at all. So Sims can flirt with their great grand relationships. Incest glitch never was fully addressed so parent and children relations still exist.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
    edited March 2020
    This has me excited. How I liked the Sims 3 hair CAS, Paralives just upload this video. Highlighting is handled a little different, but still getting the four different color customization which makes me happy. As someone who has natural blonde and red highlights in her brown hair and grey roots, this feature is going to be much appreciated as representation.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q38gxPrDw0Y
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    catitude5 wrote: »
    beville wrote: »
    Yeah it's ashame how far the sims have fallen. I don't see the sims 5 doing any better especially if it's the same crew's that work on the sims 3 and 4. See how much they wanted to thank their Loyal fans with this wonderful hot tub for the 20 th anniversary. 😏

I don't think it's the crew, but the people upstairs with the clipboards telling them what they can and can't do.

I’m not so sure, Grant said once on Twitter they have a lot of freedom and aren’t told what to include or not include.

His idea of 'a lot' and ours is likely very different. EA is a corporation, and in that world the suits control the shots, usually via policy and budget allocations. Been in that world for ages, and it's not pretty. The bottom line is the bottom line, with the stakeholders & investors taking priority over the rest of us.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    This has me excited. How I liked the Sims 3 hair CAS, Paralives just upload this video. Highlighting is handled a little different, but still getting the four different color customization which makes me happy. As someone who has natural blonde and red highlights in her brown hair and grey roots, this feature is going to be much appreciated as representation.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q38gxPrDw0Y

I used all the Cast, and CAS customization rarely in 3. I used CC more. I'm a little concerned that Paralives has all this customization in all it's design elements. I want to know about actual game play. And parafolk personalities.
  • mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    I used all the Cast, and CAS customization rarely in 3. I used CC more. I'm a little concerned that Paralives has all this customization in all it's design elements. I want to know about actual game play. And parafolk personalities.

Think the point is that there is no parafolk, or gameplay yet. Dev is working on one thing at a time, because they're indie and small.
    mirta000 wrote: »

Think the point is that there is no parafolk, or gameplay yet. Dev is working on one thing at a time, because they're indie and small.

I know they are. And I keep up with all the videos. The point is...how much can the game engine hold? The level of customization Alex is putting in to everything makes me wonder how much room there is for actual game dynamics and actual sim personalities and how it all affects game PLAY.

Customization is just another dollhouse thing. Making it all LOOK the way you want. I don't truly care about that and use mods and cc. I care about under the hood and how the parafolk will actually BE, and not how I can color their hair.
  • mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    edited March 2020
    I know they are. And I keep up with all the videos. The point is...how much can the game engine hold? The level of customization Alex is putting in to everything makes me wonder how much room there is for actual game dynamics and actual sim personalities and how it all affects game PLAY.

Customization is just another dollhouse thing. Making it all LOOK the way you want. I don't truly care about that and use mods and cc. I care about under the hood and how the parafolk will actually BE, and not how I can color their hair.

From what I know, he's using Unity. I don't think that unity will struggle with keeping a few recolours.
    Unlike the current EA team, not everyone is fast to yell "limitations" and I've seen MMOs built on commercial, open to the public engines, so I'm not that concerned that Paralives is somehow running out of engine space.

From what I know, he's using Unity. I don't think that unity will struggle with keeping a few recolours.
    Unlike the current EA team, not everyone is fast to yell "limitations" and I've seen MMOs built on commercial, open to the public engines, so I'm not that concerned that Paralives is somehow running out of engine space.

It's not so much about engine space. I know nothing about game development or game engines. I'm just thinking about the "focus". And so far, it's been about customization. That's great and all. So I only hope that level of customization is used on creating the sim personality and uniqueness and that it plays out in live mode.

It's not so much about engine space. I know nothing about game development or game engines. I'm just thinking about the "focus". And so far, it's been about customization. That's great and all. So I only hope that level of customization is used on creating the sim personality and uniqueness and that it plays out in live mode.
    Yeah Unity is really strong and can run a lot. I have a developer friend making his game through Unity too. Most games use either Unity or Unreal. Sims started with a toilet as its first object created, so I'm really impressed how the team is featuring one thing after another. It is like a breath of fresh air how they are handling their marketing and being very open with communication.
  • HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    catitude5 wrote: »
    beville wrote: »
    Yeah it's ashame how far the sims have fallen. I don't see the sims 5 doing any better especially if it's the same crew's that work on the sims 3 and 4. See how much they wanted to thank their Loyal fans with this wonderful hot tub for the 20 th anniversary. 😏

I don't think it's the crew, but the people upstairs with the clipboards telling them what they can and can't do.

I’m not so sure, Grant said once on Twitter they have a lot of freedom and aren’t told what to include or not include.

I believe that to be very true at the end of the day. Old Maxis and New Maxis aren’t the same anymore. Same with how BioWare treated their games starting from Mass Effect 3 -> Mass Effect Andromeda -> Anthem.

EA was the one who suggested Anthem to have flying mechanics and that’s by far the best thing about the game...
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • SimsPlayerSince2005SimsPlayerSince2005 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hey, I don’t know if I’m at the right forum but I have somewhat of an issue with the gameplay of the Sims 4.

I’ve been a fan of the franchise probably since I was 5/6 (2005/6). I’ve had the Sims 4 for 3 (?) years now and I’m REALLY struggling with the gameplay.

I find myself having to force myself to play the game because it gets so boring so quickly (approximately after 1h), even though I have all of the Expansions and almost all of the Game Packs and some Stuff Packs. There’s no depth to the gameplay whatsoever. I also find myself playing the game only for the graphics, whereas I used to play the previous Sims games for the gameplay and give up because of the graphics.

I really need some advice on how to spice up the whole experience as I can’t play the Sims 3 right now (I have a Mac running on Catalina and I’m waiting for the new update).
    I really don’t know if I’m the only one experiencing this frustration but I hope maybe somebody has some tips out there. :) It’s really just the worst since this whole virus is going on and I really just would love to play the Sims 24/7 but I can’t. It bores me to death and that’s so frustrating.
    Hey, I don’t know if I’m at the right forum but I have somewhat of an issue with the gameplay of the Sims 4.

I’ve been a fan of the franchise probably since I was 5/6 (2005/6). I’ve had the Sims 4 for 3 (?) years now and I’m REALLY struggling with the gameplay.

I find myself having to force myself to play the game because it gets so boring so quickly (approximately after 1h), even though I have all of the Expansions and almost all of the Game Packs and some Stuff Packs. There’s no depth to the gameplay whatsoever. I also find myself playing the game only for the graphics, whereas I used to play the previous Sims games for the gameplay and give up because of the graphics.

I really need some advice on how to spice up the whole experience as I can’t play the Sims 3 right now (I have a Mac running on Catalina and I’m waiting for the new update).
    I really don’t know if I’m the only one experiencing this frustration but I hope maybe somebody has some tips out there. :) It’s really just the worst since this whole virus is going on and I really just would love to play the Sims 24/7 but I can’t. It bores me to death and that’s so frustrating.
    Besides recommending the Sims 2 to play, I would say mod it up. Some mods that might make things more interesting are MC Command Center and Meaningful emotions mod.

One list of good mods:
    https://www.thegamer.com/sims-4-best-mods-realistic-2019/