Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Supernatural Misadventures: Story 2 Chapter 24 [Updated 10/25]

Comments

• lone_catlone_cat Posts: 417 Member
    @mercuryfoam Don't worry, there will be plenty more adventures for Hailey. :) I'm already working on the next story, I just need to take screenshots and come up with a new banner. I'm planning to start it in a week and a half, so Sunday the 15th. The next story will take place in Brindleton Bay.
    So, I was feeling very productive and got the final chapter done. Yay! It ended a little differently than I had planned, but it was still sort of what I was going for. Hopefully, the ending ties up most of the loose ends. I know it might not be the most satisfying conclusion, but I kind of like endings where not everything works out as expected. Okay, I need to be quiet now, so I don't ruin the ending, LOL.
    KeSRqaVl.png
    Okay, so I changed my mind again, about the next story. I know I said it would take place in Brindleton Bay, but I'm not liking what I have written; it's a hot mess right now. So, I think I will go with my Sulani story instead. I think it's a better story, and it has had enough time to percolate in my brain. The Brindleton Bay story was a new story I wrote, and I am having writer's block on how to make it better, which makes me think I should take a step back from it and come back to it later.
  • mercuryfoammercuryfoam Posts: 1,156 Member
    @lone_cat I smell perfectionism :) Nothing wrong with that. You should go with what you're most comfortable with of course. I'm sure it'll all work out in the end whichever order comes first.
    @mercuryfoam Haha! Yeah, I can be a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to my own work, I'm pretty laid back otherwise. I just am not feeling the Brindleton Bay story, I dreaded writing it, or trying to think up new things. Then I was like if it's not fun to write anymore, don't do it. The first story was a lot of work, but I had fun the whole time I was writing it.
    edited March 2020
    Okay, so I'm super excited about my new Sulani story. I will have the first chapter up by tomorrow evening. I've downloaded a new reshade preset, and I'm loving how my screenshots look, especially the outdoor Sulani scenes. I'm using the preset Clear Bloom by Picture Amoebae. I use different settings depending on the lighting and weather. I'm going to post a few pictures because I figure I can spam my own thread with photos, LOL.
    EAsaCwol.jpg
    This is a new character that is introduced, Leo Capelli. And he has a little sea turtle friend joining him. :)
    XZs6WGLl.png
    CYJrOFfl.png
    KOkoYjEl.png
    This is a lot that I am working on building for a luau scene. There are sleeping cabins on the left, a dining area, a stage, a fire pit and shipwreck to the right (both are not in the picture). Once it's finished, I'll upload it to the gallery. :) I'm not much of a builder, but I'm pretty happy with this lot. I also downloaded hula poses here if you're interested.
    Ff7L8skl.jpg
    Hc2OWvkl.jpg
    I downloaded this lot off the gallery; I think it's called fire altar. I tweaked it to my liking and am making it into an altar to the fire/volcano goddess in my story.
    fKSafxfl.jpg
    This doesn't happen in the story, and Ian isn't introduced until later on in the story, but he does make an appearance. :) I decided to let my sims do something fun, so I let them build sandcastles and let Ian monster stomp them.
    fzXFOeAl.jpg
  • 15aewar15aewar Posts: 1,051 Member
    @15aewar That they did. :) I felt like a tourist myself; I was going to different lots, taking photos of the scenery and my Sims. :D
    I have the first chapter of story 2, hot off Wordpress! Hope you enjoy. :)

Uz62UHTl.png
    Hey everyone! Sorry for the long delay in posting. I'm kind of on a hiatus for now. I am at my SO's house and have really bad internet connection, so I haven't gotten anything posted, plus my computer has been giving me some problems. I don't know how long I will have to contend with bad internet due to being stuck where I am because of coronavirus, so no promises on when I will be able to update my stories again. :( But I promise I will continue to work on them in the meantime and update when I am able.
    edited March 2020
    No problem. Best to be with loved ones with this pandemic. Take care and stay healthy!
    @mercuryfoam Thank you :) Wishing the best to you and your loved ones during this crazy time.
    The next chapter is out! Hope you enjoy. :)
    s9ojlnZl.png
    I have another chapter out! We learn more about mermaids and Barnes/Brian's relationship status. I might post an extra chapter this week, we'll see, just because I'm impatient and want to get to the Sulani chapters.
    P531FCpl.png
    Since my internet and computer were cooperating today, I have an extra chapter! I love this photo of Sulani, so it had to be the featured image for this chapter. The sea turtles were a very close second, lol. :)
    OGvp3lCl.png
  • MythologicatMythologicat Posts: 19 Member
    I love this series, it is so fun! I just love the fact that it’s episodic, like an actual cop show—its so digestible (if that makes sense? Like you get the satisfaction of a full story in smaller chunks). I just think that it works so well and I wanted to be sure to comment and say so! Also, your screenshots really look fantastic. I’m not a big fan of alpha CC personally but you’ve really made it work and it looks great!
    Just popping in to say I'm loving the extra chapter. Nothing like relaxing with a nice cup of tea and a good read. May you have cooperative internet for years to come :P And you already know this, but the turtle pic is my pick! c:
    @Mythologicat Thanks for reading and commenting! :) I'm glad you're enjoying it. I try to limit my chapters to around 1200 words, and I find that's my natural stopping point when I write. I'm glad you like the screenshots. It is honestly the hardest thing for me in simlit. I write before I take screenshots, so sometimes I can't always get the shot I want and have to change my writing or make do with what I have.

@mercuryfoam Thanks! :) I might have to include more sea turtles in future chapters, just because they're so darn cute!
    Sorry for the long wait. I've been pretty unmotivated taking screenshots, and my computer has been giving me some issues, so that's what took so long. I'm hoping to get on a regular schedule after this, and I will try to post another chapter next week. Thanks for reading! :) And I hope everyone is doing well and staying healthy!
    mDCaLA5l.png
    I'm on a roll for updating all my stories this week. I have Chapter 6 up. Hailey's clumsiness not only strikes once but twice in this chapter.
    SL8kpnGl.png
    Chapter 7 is up. A character from story 1 makes an appearance. I am planning on updating every Wednesday from here on out. I got a little behind this week with the holiday. Hope you enjoy. :)
    NikzQ3yl.png
    New chapter up. This is one of my longer chapters, ~2600 words. I'm finding the more I write, the longer the chapters get.

I wanted to get this out last week, but I made a lot of changes and added a lot of extra content. Originally, Hailey wasn't going to go to the doctor, but I decided Barnes would make her go. I also wanted to introduce more of a backstory on the missing couple. I had to create and CCify a few sims to add to the story. And I've been having some writer's block with how I want to end the story. I know the general idea of how it will end, but I needed to flesh out some details. I'm happy with what I have now. I kept feeling like I was writing my characters into situations they couldn't get out of without a deus ex machina (I want them to be able to figure things out themselves without weird interventions on my part). There will be some drama, some sad parts (nothing too over the top, imo). Overall, it will be a mostly happy ending. There is a sappy love scene at the end, lol. I will try to get out another chapter next week, but it might be the week after.

5wT17NZl.png
    @lone_cat I'm all for drama and sappy love scenes! Watcher knows Hailey and Barnes deserve some! I'm already having fun shipping the characters together while I wait for the story to unfold. :D
    @mercuryfoam Oh, there will be some drama in the next chapter. :) Not all the ships will sail in this story, but hopefully, the ending makes up for it.
  • ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    edited June 2020
    I just thought I'd jump on here to show some love since I'm caught up now - unfortunately! (My plan of pacing myself through the Sulani series has sadly failed haha!)

This has been such a wild ride so far and so much fun, all of the characters are so loveable and endearing.
    I mean, even Gibbs and Soto have their moments!!! Who would have thunk!

I love all of the twists and turns you serve up, can't wait for more! <3

(Edited because I am typo queen!)
    Post edited by ThePlumbob on