Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Pls Add to Notebook

SimalleyaileSimalleyaile Posts: 865 Member
edited March 2020 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
I rotate through a lot of different sims and am always forgetting what they've already done, what recipes they've already learned, who they've already kissed etc, and sometimes it's important for completing aspirations (eg, kiss 10 sims, finish reading three books etc). It would be so handy if they could keep a record of these things, and seeing as the Notebook already exists and they always have their phone, my sims could quickly check what food they should try next when they're at the food festival for example, what new book to read at the library etc.

Players, what are things that are already in the game, that you'd like to keep a track of via the notebook?

So far, we only have fishing and gardening.

2ibOYII.jpg
  • City Living Recipes
  • Experimental Dishes
  • Selvadorada Recipes
  • All other Recipes
  • Books Read
  • Sims Kissed
  • First Woohoos
  • Books Written
  • Programming
  • Places Visited
Post edited by Simalleyaile on

Comments

• Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,426 Member
    I really like the idea of recipes being added to the note book.
    perhaps next to read books, we could also see written books.
  • SimalleyaileSimalleyaile Posts: 865 Member
    Written books is a good idea @Atreya33 - especially when you're trying to think up new titles, and can't remember what ones they've used before. I'll add it to the list. :)
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Everything related to skill tracking, like what kind of upgrades your sim has done (handiness), accumulated hours of jogging (fitness), hours programing, money earned hacking (programing) and so on...
    Also some kind of memories, like tracking boy/girlfriends and how many days the romance lasted, divorces...
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    telmarina wrote: »
    Everything related to skill tracking, like what kind of upgrades your sim has done (handiness), accumulated hours of jogging (fitness), hours programing, money earned hacking (programing) and so on...
    Also some kind of memories, like tracking boy/girlfriends and how many days the romance lasted, divorces...

The strange thing is all of this stuff was tracked in Sims 3. They must realize that these types of stats are fairly important and it shouldn't be that hard to implement. I can understand (though not like) why some big features were stripped out, but this is basically a UI thing, unless that information isn't kept at all.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Felicity wrote: »
    telmarina wrote: »

The strange thing is all of this stuff was tracked in Sims 3. They must realize that these types of stats are fairly important and it shouldn't be that hard to implement. I can understand (though not like) why some big features were stripped out, but this is basically a UI thing, unless that information isn't kept at all.

Often this tracking system was how i realized that i was improving some skill but i was doing always the same 2 or 3 kinds of interactions. Analising it helped me diversify my game in sims 3.
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    I'd appreciate this feature.

I'd also like for achievements/collections to be remembered as well. I have a household with a basement full of frogs for example. Rotate and come back and now suddenly the collection isn't complete unless I manually put them all back into my sim's inventory, just to drag them all back out to their displays.

It seems like every time you rotate, you wipe all the stuff you would like them to remember.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    edited March 2020
    I like all your ideas and keeping track of written books.
    Also first crush/love. Places visited and traveled to.
    Laugh out loud. Often
    @telmarina - I've add programming to the list - you have to name videos and apps you've created and only get to see them when royalties come in, similar to books, so that would be handy too.

@Frn0731 -Places visited is a nice idea. Added to list too.
  • Rasia SilverRasia Silver Posts: 101 Member
    I love this idea! Especially for recipes.
    I was in Selvadorada yesterday playing with the new Hispanic content, and once again made it my aim for my sim to learn all the new recipes, but I kept forgetting what he'd learned the day before. Maybe it's just a "me" problem 'cause I'm old and forgetful. :s I know he can look in the fridge and that will tell me what he's learned, but who carries a fridge around with them? In the city, that's not always possible to look in the fridge if they're from a different neighbourhood.

Another way they could do it is as collections, like the Experimental Photo collection, but I think I'd prefer the notebook because it could then also tell us what ingredients are used for each recipe.

And!

Please please please add this for books. Right now, all my bookworms read whatever they want 'cause I don't care what they read - but if they listed what they've already read then this would give me the goal to read ALL the books! I was really surprised the other day just how many books have been added over the years. But my sims all keep just reading the same ole base game ones because there's no real incentive to buy the other ones.