Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Questions About Our Knitting Stuff Pack

@SimGuruSarah, @SimGuruConor

Maybe some of these questions cannot be answered before the pack is released - and that's ok - but maybe some of them can, and if so, thank you! :)

Players, add your questions too. :)

1.Will knitting fill the fun need? (some hobbies in game don't, eg woodworking, baking, flower arranging etc).

2. If knitting with other sims, will it fill the social need and add relationship points?

3. Will multi-tasking be added to knitting? If so, what will the sims be able to do while they knit? Watch TV, eat/drink, chat with other sims, listen to music? etc What do you foresee the sims not being able to do while they knit? Will they be limited to where they can knit? Specific chair etc.

4. How will knitting work? We know there'll be a storage bag (we voted what type we'd like) and we know it will be portable i.e be able to go into a sims inventory, which means they can take it to a friends house or to a community lot (great for clubs!). How will this work? Is the skill tied to this object? i.e. have to buy a storage bag before you can begin knitting. Will we buy yarn or will there be an endless automatic supply? Will there be different types of yarn? Acrylic and wool eg. Will we buy patterns, or will they be automatically unlocked as we advance in skill, like woodworking?

5. Strangerville gave us the ability to wear an outfit directly from the sims inventory (the hazmat suit). Will some craftable clothing items be inventory-enabled (good for gift giving, giving away to charities etc) , or will all the craftable clothing items be tied to CAS? Will they be unlocked through knitting, or available in CAS without knitting?

6. What type of toys will we be able to knit? Will they be interactive? Will they be cloned/a mimic of the ones we already have in game?
So far we have 3 types: 1. Small portable ones tots and kids play with their hands, 2. Huge huggable ones they can talk with and be friends with, 3. Parenthood gave us nightlight to scare away the monster under the bed, sits on surfaces and kids can play with.
gQdHRfP.jpg
StH7sGF.jpg
What are the chances we could have all three as craftable objects? o:)
Will there be a new type of interactive toy? eg kids can cuddle it in bed?
Will some/all/none be decorative only?

7. Will the craftable objects be viewable and fill the sims fun need? Will they give buffs when viewed? Moods?

8. What gameplay will the rocking chair add? Will kids be able to use it? Will toddlers? Will it increase their fun if they rock? Will sims be able to rock their babies asleep? Will it function like a a normal living chair -i.e. be able to watch TV from it, read, eat etc. Will it break and need repairing if a sim rocks too enthusiastically? >:)

9. Will toddlers able to play in the storage bag/basket?

I imagine a lot of these questions may not have answers yet, but I hope we'll get to find out more details as the work progresses. Thanks for keeping us informed and involved. :)

Comments

• SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    There are a few questions I had that OP mentioned but also:

Will a Sim be able to have more than one project started at the time? (as a knitter, I always have several WIPs around)

Will there be "starter knitting" for toddlers/children, like French knitting or finger knitting?

Will the crafter objects be giftable for holidays or birthdays?

When Sims knit an items at a lower or highter skill level, will the items have different quality values? Like, say, a toy knitted at a level 2 will have a Fun value of 1 vs one knitted at skill level 10 having a Fun value of 5 or more?

Will there be an option to write pattern books (like there are writable skill books)? Or maybe individual patterns that can be sold for royalties?

• ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    I just want to know if toddlers and children will be able to learn to knit. That's going to be a big decider in my choice to get the pack.
  • SimGuruConorSimGuruConor Posts: 16 SimGuru
    Hey everyone! Things are still super early in development right now and I can only give a few insights. Please keep in mind designs might change will change during development so its difficult to deal in absolutes right now. Please forgive me if I only answer a few questions!
    Will knitting fill the fun need?

Yes!
    Will they be limited to where they can knit? Specific chair etc.

Hopefully anywhere they can sit, including Rocking Chairs!
    How will knitting work?

As long as the Knitting Bag is in the Sim's inventory, they can knit by clicking on a chair or rocking chair (or just click the bag in their inventory). Starting a project costs money and acts as the cost of yarn. Recipes will be unlocked by advancing through the skill.
    Will some craftable clothing items be inventory-enabled (good for gift giving, giving away to charities etc)

Currently the plan is that once something like a Sweater or Hat is finished, it will go into the Sims inventory. From there, it can either be:
    - Unlocked in CAS, consuming the item but unlocking it for that current household.
    - Listed on our online crafty-like store to be sold.
    - Donated to charity.
    - Gifted to another Sim.
    - Unravel it to get some of the yarn back (simoelon refund)

^Again, design is not final and this could change in development.
    What type of toys will we be able to knit? Will they be interactive?

Depends what gets voted on! Most likely based on existing toys.
    Will the craftable objects be viewable and fill the sims fun need? Will they give buffs when viewed? Moods?

Sims will be able to View crafted objects just like how they can view Art pieces now.
    What gameplay will the rocking chair add?

The Rocking Chair design is not final, but at a minimum we would like Sims to be able to knit, read, chat, and watch TV while in the chair. (We're hoping to add some fun Elder-only interactions too!)
    Will a Sim be able to have more than one project started at the time?

That's the plan so far! Unfinished projects should live a Sim’s inventory.
    When Sims knit an item at a lower or higher skill level, will the items have different quality values?

Planning on it, and hopefully ties in with selling online.

Thank you so much for your questions, I hope you find these answers helpful!

• TamakiSakura84TamakiSakura84 Posts: 543 Member
    The Rocking Chair design is not final, but at a minimum we would like Sims to be able to knit, read, chat, and watch TV while in the chair. (We're hoping to add some fun Elder-only interactions too!)

Please add listening to music and gaming as well.

• SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    Thank you for the answers @SimGuruConor :D
  • SimalleyaileSimalleyaile Posts: 865 Member
    Thanks so much @SimGuruConor. Look forward to hearing more as you work through the details. Hope you're having fun with it too. :)