Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Please fix the weather in Seasons

I am to the point where I am ready to pack up my Sims and move outside of Brindleton Bay! Why does almost every day see rain during the day and like a calming for roughly three hours before becoming rain again...plus, not EVERY rainstorm had to have massive thunderstorms attached. I set my seasons for 28 days each. My past two summers, I counted 22 days of rain and thunder and in the second summer 24 days of summer, That seems rather high to me! I shouldn't have to do the whole "weather machine" route to enjoy a summer in what is supposed to be a New England-style town (I live in NE: on our worst years, we have never had rain and thunder in THOSE amounts!).

I beg you - please nerf this out a bit to resemble something more normal or stop making EVERY Sim terrified of thunderstorms!

Comments

• logionlogion Posts: 4,717 Member
    If you do not like cold weather and storms, then I would not recommend Brindleton Bay, that world has the worst weather so far from what I have seen.
  • jkgoodspeedjkgoodspeed Posts: 38 Member
    so I've noticed...now. After building my home to exactly how I want it. I was playing a shorter season, so I thought I was being clever lengthening the season so I'd have a better chance to have a few more days of sun. Nope....may be time to pack up and move...
  • llamasflullamasflu Posts: 221 Member
    i downloaded mods to override the weather because.... whew
    tumblr_nvyznq2a181tiiy96o2_400.gifv
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    There's an option in the settings to turn off rain. Perhaps you could use it to give yourself some more clear days.
  • Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    Oasis Springs is really nice. No snow and some very hot days. My Sims will never leave Oasis Springs.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited February 2020
    logion wrote: »
    If you do not like cold weather and storms, then I would not recommend Brindleton Bay, that world has the worst weather so far from what I have seen.
    I think it’s a bit weird though players would have to refrain from playing in certain worlds they basically like just because of the weather. And yes, realistic and all that (if you don’t want rain don’t spend your holidays in the UK or The Netherlands right), but it’s a game. Apart from the fact that also in the UK or The Netherlands we have beautiful weather for weeks in a row sometimes. I don’t have Seasons by the way, but can’t you just disable rain for a while? That’s what I do in Sims 3 each time I’m fed up by it.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    I would love my sim to use the weather machine to turn Del Los Valley & Oasis Springs into a Snowy Winter Wonderland.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,717 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    I think it’s a bit weird though players would have to refrain from playing in certain worlds they basically like just because of the weather. And yes, realistic and all that (if you don’t want rain don’t spend your holidays in the UK or The Netherlands right), but it’s a game. Apart from the fact that also in the UK or The Netherlands we have beautiful weather for weeks in a row sometimes. I don’t have Seasons by the way, but can’t you just disable rain for a while? That’s what I do in Sims 3 each time I’m fed up by it.

The weather makes all the worlds unique so I am not totally against it and yes, you can disable rain storms and snow storms in the options. I really don't like cold weather in general, so I just have a harder time playing in Brindleton Bay.
    I mean, I love the seasons element, I just wish it was more 'balanced'. I've seen the option to turn off thunderstorms or be able to alter the weather, but as much as my Sims family are a fantasy world, I do try to allow fate to dictate a lot of things.

I actually had a child taken away from me, because he refused to eat during a thunderstorm and after some many days in a row, his hunger was enough to have him removed from the family. He wouldn't sit in the high chair or even eat off the floor: he just kept displaying an icon that said "run inside", although we were inside. I even tried building a basement and trying to feed him in the center to no avail :(

Has anyone had a Sim that isn't afraid of t-storms? I'm on Gen 4 of this family and every male or female have had that trait... :|
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    I mean, I love the seasons element, I just wish it was more 'balanced'. I've seen the option to turn off thunderstorms or be able to alter the weather, but as much as my Sims family are a fantasy world, I do try to allow fate to dictate a lot of things.

I actually had a child taken away from me, because he refused to eat during a thunderstorm and after some many days in a row, his hunger was enough to have him removed from the family. He wouldn't sit in the high chair or even eat off the floor: he just kept displaying an icon that said "run inside", although we were inside. I even tried building a basement and trying to feed him in the center to no avail :(

Has anyone had a Sim that isn't afraid of t-storms? I'm on Gen 4 of this family and every male or female have had that trait... :|

If they have the 'outdoor lover' trait, thunderstorms won't bother them. I've never used the 'stormchaser' reward trait, but I assume it does the same thing.

Try taking the high chair away and letting the toddler serve himself from a group meal. I haven't had any issues with the 'run inside' bug when I do that. (They fixed the bug, but it came back.) I do have a problem with 'read to sleep' during a thunderstorm - the only thing that works is to cancel the action altogether (for both the parent and child) and let the toddler put herself to bed.

The thunderstorms are a bit over-the-top - I live in a place where it's not unusual to have them every day for a week or so, but never all day long.
    I just want things to match. :'(

If they have the 'outdoor lover' trait, thunderstorms won't bother them. I've never used the 'stormchaser' reward trait, but I assume it does the same thing.

Try taking the high chair away and letting the toddler serve himself from a group meal. I haven't had any issues with the 'run inside' bug when I do that. (They fixed the bug, but it came back.) I do have a problem with 'read to sleep' during a thunderstorm - the only thing that works is to cancel the action altogether (for both the parent and child) and let the toddler put herself to bed.

The thunderstorms are a bit over-the-top - I live in a place where it's not unusual to have them every day for a week or so, but never all day long.

I didn't know about the "outdoor trait" being a 'fix' for that - thanks for the heads up!!!
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »

The weather makes all the worlds unique so I am not totally against it and yes, you can disable rain storms and snow storms in the options. I really don't like cold weather in general, so I just have a harder time playing in Brindleton Bay.
    It does I agree, but as I understand it, it’s over the top, annoying. If you can disable it however, there’s not really a problem is there?
    5JZ57S6.png
  • llamasflullamasflu Posts: 221 Member

there's a trait that makes them not afraid of storms, but why? realistically, there should be atleast ONE sim who's not afraid but hey*kanye shrug* i also use mods for this because it's annoying
    tumblr_nvyznq2a181tiiy96o2_400.gifv
  • Placebo7Placebo7 Posts: 107 Member
    I like the weather unique to each neighborhood. I'm not opposed to having a stormy neighborhood. I think what could change is the Sims' extreme responses to the storms. Most T-storms don't last for eight hours, and a lot of people aren't automatically tense when they happen.
    So...how about that? Just my luck: once I decided to have my teenage Goth daughter ask to be turned into a Vampire, EVERY day has been sunny and hot! I guess I just needed to inconvenience one member of my family to appease the others :D
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,374 Member
    Brindleton Bay used to be my favorite world, but Seasons definitely ruined it with this thunderstorm every day madness. I have to travel to another world with my Sims to be able to get the children to do their homework because they're so tense that they can't do it at home. If I don't buy a storm chaser trait for my Sims who live in BB I can't simply get anything done with them during summer season, because of the permanent tense moodlet. Sometimes another moodlet overrides it, but after a short moment it creeps back again and my Sims will cancel everything they were doing. It's so frustrating.

I really wish that the weather would be more balanced. I get that Brindleton is a humid world, but thundering almost every day seems too extreme. I don't want to turn off the weather effects, I actually like them, but please make them more balanced.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited February 2020
    Is there any proof they coded worlds to have more rain and storms than any other world? other than OS? which won't see snow or much rain. Do we really think they planned the worlds already in games in EPs or GPs to have more weather? I sort of doubt it unless someone can prove it with the codes in game. It reminds me of weather in TS2 (TS3's was a bit more balanced) when winter rolled around sometimes, at one house they got heavy snow everyday for five days. Drove me crazy with the kids out from school every day until they became teens. Large households+large lots were hard to play with heavy snow that taxed the processors and video memory. Then if I took them to a different lot Maxis made sure it rained out their picnic or fishing or any activity at a park,with a different season. lol. I think it's just that overboard thing they like to do.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Brindleton Bay does seem like a New England town, I agree, but the weather is more like Coastal towns from the other side of the United States, in areas like Washington and Oregon. Maybe it's that? It doesn't thunder a lot there, exactly, but when I lived there it rained at least four times a week.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    When I had seasons running I had the same problem in Willow Creek; dark, gloomy, and raining nearly every day. Didn't matter what season, either. Don't know about winter as got fed up and disabled the pack. I live in NE as well, so know the weather, and it's not nearly what the game did to you.
  • Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    I know it doesn't always show up as an option but if it does have your sims delcare weather preference to storms so they won't be afraid.
    Laugh out loud. Often