Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The re-release Sims 1 and Sims 2 petition thread.

Comments

• Christabelle73Christabelle73 Posts: 124 Member
    TS2 was my fave. I have it on my desktop which is WinXP but I don't have all the exp. I know they released a version on Origin because I can buy it on Ebay, but I have to use someone else's login to do so. I really would love to have it on my own. TS4 doesn't have the same building cheats as TS2, it was so much easier to build houses on TS2. Please Please Please put the UC out again. I'd love to have TS1 again also, but it's not as big of a deal as TS2 to me.
  • MortimerGothMortimerGoth Posts: 80 Member
    If memory serves, Grant was asked about doing a remaster of TS2 and he replied that there were no plans for it since content for TS4 is still being released. This was... maybe 2 years ago? He said something along the lines of: "We can either keep releasing content for TS4 or remaster TS2." Honestly, I'd rather see them remaster it since I never got to play it and people seem to agree, for the most part, that TS2 is the best in the series. Especially since it's clear no pack will fix TS4.

You're free to take this with a grain of salt since I found that post a long while back, back when I used to scan their twitters and I've no interest or time to search for it now.

I wouldn't expect a remaster, but the original TS2 with all of its packs is already on Origin - they just don't let anyone download it now (unless you claimed it when they were giving it away). I assume they could make it available again.

Maybe we should tagged them?

Good idea.

@SimGuruSarah Do you think there is any chance the older games could be made available on Origin? It would be a great way to celebrate the 20th Anniversary :)

• OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    Most definitely would like a re-release of both 1 & 2 even though I already have UC and my disk versions on a old XP machine. There are the classic foundations of the series, the younger simmers have not had opportunity to experience them, and even UC is not Windows 10 compatible without extensive tinkering. This would be pure gold for all concerned.
  • Christabelle73Christabelle73 Posts: 124 Member
    @MortimerGoth I would be willing to pay for Sims 1 and 2 on Origin
  • RavenchRavench Posts: 35 Member
    Signed!
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    I got the TS2 Ultimate Collection since I bought the original TS2 CDs/DVDs and all its EPs and SPs when it was first released. BUT I totally missed out on the Sims 2 Store because back then purchasing digital items was new to me and I didn't know how reliable it would be. If EAxis ever considers re-releasing TS2, I would really, REALLY love it if they re-release the Sims 2 store items as well!

I also would love if they re-released TS1. I really do miss it so much - especially the Makin' Magic and Superstar EPs.
  • lana44lana44 Posts: 60 Member
    Please re release sims2!!!!!!I loved the controls options.
  • Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 784 Member
    Signed! Sims 1 Complete Collection was one of my favorite games,and I would LOVE to see it re-mastered and re-released on Origin!
    Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Signed. I have UC, but would love an updated version of sims 1!
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,409 Member
    Signed

I would love to mess around with sims 1 again.

I think a lot of people would actually buy these if they were released.
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    Signed!
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • Vivi_WillowTreeVivi_WillowTree Posts: 451 Member
    edited March 2020
    Signed

I have TS3 with all expansions, it would be nice for 1 and 2 available so I don't have to use the disks.

Edit*
    Sims 1 ultimate disk collection is available on Amazon.
    Post edited by Vivi_WillowTree on
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,926 Member
    Signed.

I think playing The Sims 1 or 2 is a fun experience everyone should have.
  • kamra19610kamra19610 Posts: 461 Member
    I still am playing the sims 2 and play it moist every day since it came out in 2004 I think. I own 1 and loved it at the time and would not give it away; I also have 3 and 4, but non are as great over all as the sims 2 for me. There are lots of reasons to love the sims 2 but my number one is the in same picture and story telling ability. Without that the other games can not hold me or become what I need it to be. I get bored fast with 4 and 3 was hard to run because of the size and I also must be able to easyily play in rounds with many families. Sims 3 was way to hard to play rounds and though sims 4 is better it is boring when I can't take pictures and write the story as I go. So to sum up my two top reasons why sims 2 is the best; picture and story album, ability to play mulible famlies in rounds with ease. Thanks EA for the best game ever made, The Sims 2. Would love to see it come back on the market and refreshed for newer computer systems.
  • clover24clover24 Posts: 887 Member
    Signed!!! Would love to play the older games again
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I haven't played either game and since people seem to worship the Sims 2, I think I need to know what all the fuss is about!
    funny-gifs20.gif

• hapahamachihapahamachi Posts: 1 New Member
    I would LOVE to have the sims 1 and sims 2 back! Especially the sims 1!!! It brings me so much great memories!!! Please D:
  • LadyTachunkaLadyTachunka Posts: 1,454 Member
    I want sims 1 I already have sims 2 when it was free for a short time 😊
    8a35839c629b9a9f3643198909b278c0.gif Been simming since the end of sims 2~Sims Gallery ID:BSAAWaifu
  • PatricePatrice Posts: 361 Member
    Hello Simmers, i'll sign, never had sims1 or sims2, started with sims3
  • GothangelGothangel Posts: 128 Member
    signed
  • SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    Signed. Some people are even having trouble running Sims 2 ultimate collection now due to changes to Windows 10. If EA doesn't want to support Sims 1 or Sims 2, please release them to GOG games! Without the DRM (like SecureROM), most GOG games still work great on modern computers.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • EcaEca Posts: 155 Member
    The Sims™ 2: Remastered Complete Edition
    giphy.gif
    Crystal Cover from Tumblr
  • Seesin8Seesin8 Posts: 29 Member
    edited April 2020
    WOULD LOVE THIS!

*signed*

AGREED

Seesin8 (CC)
  • EdieApplebyEdieAppleby Posts: 134 Member
    TS2 blew my mind when it came out and I was completely in love. I would love a rerelease.
  • SimSwim2SimSwim2 Posts: 2,481 Member
    The Sims 2 was my favorite of the Sims series. I miss them. I could not play the games anymore on my newer computer. I used to have Windows 95 back in the day lol.
    Origin ID: StripedRainbow
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top