Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I'm really looking forward for a new GP

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    Dakota88 wrote: »
    I'm actually looking forward more to a free patch that improves the sims personalities than a game pack. I know that whatever they give us won't fix the problems that I have already with the game unless it happens to be a game pack similar to the sims 3 generations where it enhances each life stage. Right now the game just feels boring to me especially since I love to play families.

I feel you. It's not like the game is itself boring, there is a lot to do and playing with the active school mod by Zerbu (there is also one by KawaiiStacie which is good too), I feel like I'm enjoying myself a lot while playing my family's school/workweek. But when it gets to the weekend or just school holidays, there isn't much to do. We are just lacking activities that Sims can go together.

Why can't my Sims ride on a boat together as a family, go for a little boat trip? Why can't they build sandcastles (and snowmen) with more than 2 Sims? Why can't they play in the pool together as a group with the floaties (especially the kids)? Why can't my Sims cook together as friends or family, bake cookies together etc.? Why do we miss classic children games like tag, hide and seek, clapping games? I miss my Sim kids running around chasing each other. They can't even play together as a group of Sims with their toys (except for the doll house and the void critters thing, but that's only 2 Sims again...). Yesterday one of my Sim kids met her friends and I just didn't know what to do with them. All I could do was visit a cafe and well, this was boring too, because my Sim got orange juice and the other two girls didn't...

I don't see the problem burried in the Sims personalities, I'm fine with them (even though they could be more detailed and playing out a little more). I see the problem burried in the fact that Sims don't have a lot of interactions and gameplay objects that focus on more than 1 or 2 Sims. Even a pool day gets really boring during summer holidays because well, they don't do a lot together, they swim next to each other; it's just boring. They can't even talk with each other while relaxing on the new loungers we got in IL.

more activities for kids is so ridiculously needed its a joke at this point.

i started the 100 baby challenge and didnt have much money and im clicking on this kid and wondering what the hell i could get him to do to get out of my house but there's nothing. my lot area doesnt have a public park next to it so i was at a loss otherwise i usually send them there.

but like, its one of those park with one thing and we cant edit the area to add swings...and there's hardly anything else for kids to play with. sandboxes, those bouncy rider things, tag, hide and seek. like please, just add more stuff for them....
  • Options
    SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    cheescaeks wrote: »
    Dakota88 wrote: »
    I'm actually looking forward more to a free patch that improves the sims personalities than a game pack. I know that whatever they give us won't fix the problems that I have already with the game unless it happens to be a game pack similar to the sims 3 generations where it enhances each life stage. Right now the game just feels boring to me especially since I love to play families.

I feel you. It's not like the game is itself boring, there is a lot to do and playing with the active school mod by Zerbu (there is also one by KawaiiStacie which is good too), I feel like I'm enjoying myself a lot while playing my family's school/workweek. But when it gets to the weekend or just school holidays, there isn't much to do. We are just lacking activities that Sims can go together.

Why can't my Sims ride on a boat together as a family, go for a little boat trip? Why can't they build sandcastles (and snowmen) with more than 2 Sims? Why can't they play in the pool together as a group with the floaties (especially the kids)? Why can't my Sims cook together as friends or family, bake cookies together etc.? Why do we miss classic children games like tag, hide and seek, clapping games? I miss my Sim kids running around chasing each other. They can't even play together as a group of Sims with their toys (except for the doll house and the void critters thing, but that's only 2 Sims again...). Yesterday one of my Sim kids met her friends and I just didn't know what to do with them. All I could do was visit a cafe and well, this was boring too, because my Sim got orange juice and the other two girls didn't...

I don't see the problem burried in the Sims personalities, I'm fine with them (even though they could be more detailed and playing out a little more). I see the problem burried in the fact that Sims don't have a lot of interactions and gameplay objects that focus on more than 1 or 2 Sims. Even a pool day gets really boring during summer holidays because well, they don't do a lot together, they swim next to each other; it's just boring. They can't even talk with each other while relaxing on the new loungers we got in IL.

more activities for kids is so ridiculously needed its a joke at this point.

i started the 100 baby challenge and didnt have much money and im clicking on this kid and wondering what the hell i could get him to do to get out of my house but there's nothing. my lot area doesnt have a public park next to it so i was at a loss otherwise i usually send them there.

but like, its one of those park with one thing and we cant edit the area to add swings...and there's hardly anything else for kids to play with. sandboxes, those bouncy rider things, tag, hide and seek. like please, just add more stuff for them....

You can make custom sandboxes if you have island living. Just build a box with a low fence that sims can step over and fill it with a sand terrain tool. They can then build sandcastles in it.

But yeah, you are totally right though. I miss more playground equpiment so much (seesaws, bouncy rider things, hopscotch, slides that can be used by kids AND toddlers, swings that can be used by kids AND toddlers, carousels, normal climbing towers like the ones we had in TS3...) and yeah, the usual games you don't need an object for like tag, hide and seek, clapping games...