Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do we need more lot traits?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,426 Member
    Yes, we need more lot traits for gameplay specifics
    I would definitely like a few more options. Not really skill boosts but things that really affect gameplay like off the grid, the lot trait for the island spirits,... Perhaps a lot trait to allow a second home.

On my personal wishlist are lot traits:
    - magical hangout that allows visitors to autonomously use magic
    - magical leyline for random chance of spellcaster babies
    - clothing specific lot traits like every one wearing formal wear.
    - a lot trait to disallow celebrities
    - a lot trait to disallow occults, that way people who don't like them can avoid them and the devs don't have to tone them down in general.
  • Options
    SendillinSendillin Posts: 6 New Member
    Embarrassingly enough, I just discovered lot traits existed back in December and I've been playing since TS1. I rather like them. The ones that affect skill level are great, but I'd love more that affect gameplay, whether bad or good traits, I'd love either.
    > @CelSims said:
    > They need to fully flesh out Off the Grid before they add anything else.

I agree with this too I accidentally uploaded a cute cabin to the gallery that was off-grid and didn't realize the lanterns I'd put outside actually needed electricity. It'd be great if they added a little symbol or something in the corner of the item icons that let you know they work off-grid. Kind of like how the various posts/pillars have that little icon that let you know there is a height limit.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    I like my households & lots to be different from one another.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    I generally use very few lot traits, and don't need more unless they cover a very specific usage: restricting age/gener/social class to certain lots. This can probably be done by a door, as well, might be just as good. I don't want my poor sims to show up in a stylish restaurant, not even if they wear their formal attire (which in some cases is the same as their everyday). I don't want rich or top famous sims to show up on a lot I designed as a dumpster camp. And it would be fine avoiding grannies on a teenage hideaway location etc.

Reason I removed many lot traits is the animations above a sim's head. There might be modes for turning those floating icons off, but I basically do fine building skills and communicating without those lots. In a library it's cool to learn faster though, but not with the air full of light bulbs. :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    Yes, just yes!
    Yes. Yes and more Yes. Also, we need more sim trait slots and choices to fill them with!
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    JemmaTheSimmerJemmaTheSimmer Posts: 387 Member
    We need more to attract certain sims and change behaviour. Like a lot trait to attract age groups (we only have teen hangout), occults, enable magic, etc.. Also lot types to make sims actually use items - something to make sims more like to do exercise (in my gym nobody uses the pool for example) or make sims use a roller rink (which they don't do on ANY lot type as far as I can tell). We don't need more skill boosting, I want more ways to have NPCs act in specific ways on a lot.
  • Options
    FallenPrinceFallenPrince Posts: 928 Member
    Yes, just yes!
    We need more traits. I wish traits like unflirty would have been in the base game, but there are still opposite traits that need to be in the game (for example goofball- humorless).
  • Options
    SintheaSinthea Posts: 29 Member
    We need more traits in general. For lots, we don't need more to boost skills in my opinion. With Tiny Living's rewards for small homes, skill building is just too easy. I'd like things that draw sims of a type to a lot. Maybe bar traits that would keep kids away or things in that spirit to help us control what short of sims we are meeting in different areas and things that make a impact on gameplay.
    It's just one of those days...
    Remaking the Apocalypse Challenge
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Yes, just yes!
    I'd like more traits, however, we'd also need more slots to put them in. 3 is no longer enough.
  • Options
    WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 845 Member
    Definitely more lot traits, but not skill boosting ones, ones that encourage different gameplay types or aid in roleplaying. And as has been mentioned off the grid really needs to fleshed out properly.
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs
  • Options
    davidsaradavidsara Posts: 117 Member
    edited March 2020
    we defo need more gameplay changing lot traits.
    like saddening lot which makes people feel sad and randomly can cause a sim to "sulk" which basically makes them take a seat and complain to themselves or something like an emotional doubling lot that doubles the impact of angry, sad, embarrassed, uncomfortable, bored and inspired moodlets resulting in a very mood driven environment that can be both positive and negative.
    i'd love to keep away from skills and moods personally but i cant think of a lot trait that wouldnt be annoying after a while if it didnt impact moods.
    though sims traits and moods need a huge overhaul to what they do instead of just a lame moodlet, they need to impact gameplay and autonomous game play much harder