Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Accessory Cache Files

CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
edited March 2020 in The Sims 2
Can someone tell me exactly how these cache files are generated? Mine grow to large amounts of over 65,000+ and then soon the game will stop working (not responding) and crash. So, I have to enter documents to delete them and restart game.

I assume these are generated if I make my Sims buy clothes or open the dresser etc. to plan outfits etc. since this all opens CAS? Is that correct? I don't have to save as often if these do not grow to that amount.

Or are they generated when on a larger lot with much cc on it? aka highpoly furniture, clutter, decor etc. Seems the more CAS is opened (like sending them to buy clothes often etc.) and or the more CAS is opened (to plan outfits daily etc.) they grow. But I would really like to know what generates Accessory Cache files.

True I have too much CC but if I can avoid the accessory cache file from growing by not doing some sort of action like shopping for clothes too much and or changing outfits too much or as often to open the closets would that help? everything is great until those cache files reach that amount.

ETA: It takes awhile in one play session (But switching households often) and or using CAS often to pick outfits etc. but once it reaches 65,000+ have to quit and delete them.
"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

Comments

• Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Lee/fish has information on clean accessory files and deleting. http://www.🐸🐸🐸🐸/mybb/showthread.php?tid=3821
    I don't think the site can be linked here. :(

I have the new accessory cache file which I make Read-only. It still gets big but slowly. Once it gets to a certain size, I'll replace it again.
    I delete the groups/cigen files when I start the game.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited March 2020
    Yep, I do too. I looked over on MTS and years ago someone said it was the files that hold pet collars etc. That sort of doesn't make sense to me right now (what do I know, lol) since none of my Sim families have any pets right now. So, I don't know why Pets EP would generate them (pet collars) when no one is using any. Over my head.

Thank you @Rlfong7, I will see what Lee says. I would just like them not to generate so much so I don't have to save as often and can play possibly longer before they reach a humongous amount. IF I can find out exactly how they are generated I could stop doing that in my game so much. :)
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.