March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happen in your game today/most recently?

Comments

• Demery27Demery27 Posts: 222 Member
    Hi, it's been a while I finally had a chance to play my game. I decided to go back to playing Tom and Marla Freshe they came from their Honey moon and are back to normal. Marla rolled a want to have a baby (her wish may come true),Tom got a promotion in the Paralegal Career Marla is enjoying her job as a gamer.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Been working on my world. I decided to take the "Boothbay Apartments" idea and transfer it to a waterfront lot. Boothbay is the apartment complex all of my sims have lived at. But they always left to get a house by the water. Now they don't have to!

Sims 2 building is so different. I can't push any walls lol. I'll get there though. This apartment complex is going to be so full of fun and drama! I can wait to move my sims in!

pN9VEYY.png
  • JusKeepSimminJusKeepSimmin Posts: 27 Member
    Most recently I started developing Newcrest into all One Color homes and venues and it's SO. DAUNTING. But I just moved The Marigold family into their little Sunflower Square home and they're loving life.
    Well dagnabitt! I wanted to make sure all my old cc and my sims would be available so since last night after work and today before and after work, I took the time to get any and ALL files from my S2 game on the old computer.

Great! I can see them all now in my family bin! But it over-rode all that work I did last night on my seaside boothbay apartment building. I mean, it's okay and all. At least I have my sims families ready to move back in now....but for the life of me, I can't even begin to recreate what I created last night and I WANT that apt complex! It was setting up so nicely! Each apt was so unique and ALL had a beautiful view of the ocean.

Dang!
  • BimleSimBimleSim Posts: 2,979 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    Well dagnabitt! I wanted to make sure all my old cc and my sims would be available so since last night after work and today before and after work, I took the time to get any and ALL files from my S2 game on the old computer.

Great! I can see them all now in my family bin! But it over-rode all that work I did last night on my seaside boothbay apartment building. I mean, it's okay and all. At least I have my sims families ready to move back in now....but for the life of me, I can't even begin to recreate what I created last night and I WANT that apt complex! It was setting up so nicely! Each apt was so unique and ALL had a beautiful view of the ocean.

Dang!

Oi, that is super annoying! Hate losing work!
  • WinthorpeWinthorpe Posts: 119 Member
    Current stock exchange in the Sims 2 today. Those you see cheering, hold a short position, those who otherwise, hold a long position, swear aggressively.

https://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/aDgrBqx_460sv.mp4
  • hushfireflyhushfirefly Posts: 1,931 Member
    Hellooooo!!! Great to see everyone is still posting here <3@Demery27 You are amazing at your commitment to play through all of Pleasant View! Unfortunately all my Legacy and Neighborhood playthroughs are gone, my game crashed :'( After I spent a month redoing the whole house, planning and playing through a whole fancy wedding/party/honeymoon and about to have Gen Two born. I couldn't get it to start back up. Not giving up, uninstalled and reinstalled the whole game again. This time I created an island for my Alphabet Legacy. No other residents but them on it and I'm not going to remodel anything in the game but their house. Not really caring about going to Uni, that's another time waster and I really don't enjoy it. I just like the extra want slots but I can do without. I'm nearly on Gen Two for my new Alphabet Legacy, so I won't pic spam (much!) and just give a little recap :smile: Awesome to be back here posting!

Starting again, we have Zuriel Firefly. A Family Sim. LTW of Celebrity Chef. Put him on a Beach Lot because I love them. Unfortunately you do have to fence it off and lock them out because they will not stop doing beach stuff and neglect all their needs.
    01.jpg

I wanted to do a home business to make his starting cash but it, uh, wasn't very profitable to start on haha Got rid of the little store, maxed his flower arranging and got him into Culinary career. I kept the flower arranger as it was useful for some quick cash!
    02.jpg

Never had a Werewolf Sim or even met one. Something to do for future Gens.
    03.jpg

Townie Brenda Thayer is a Knowledge Sim. LTW of Business Tycoon. She was already on level 8 which was cool! 3 bolts with Zuriel which was also cool.
    04.jpg

Camping for their Honeymoon! Enjoyed setting up these pics for mementos :smile:
    05.jpg
    06.jpg

Family trip whilst the kids are teens. Aeolus and Aderyn. Aeolus was going to be the heir as first born but I completely forgot that when you use non default cc skin and eyes, they will dominate every time. I didn't want another copy of Zuriel. Luckily Zuriel is a Family Sim and I let Family Sims have one or two more kids than the other Sim types. Aderyn will be the one to carry on the line. Aderyn picks on Aeolus so much but they have a 100% relationship so I dunno.
    07.jpg

Elder Birthdays! I always invite Meadow Thayer to everything. My head canon is that it's her little sister. She knew Brenda well when I had her join the family. They look similar and obvs, last name is Thayer. No relation in Brenda's tree though.
    08.jpg
    09.jpg

Such a sweet couple and really easy going sims. Aderyn is... not a very nice sim haha and her husband has no points in Neat or Active :neutral:
    10.jpg

Aeolus is a Romance Sim. Artist Career. LTW of having 20 lovers which I achieved very quickly. If I wasn't doing this Legacy challenge, I would've had him marry evil Witch Mary here. But he will be stuck as the future awesome Uncle. I gave him his own floor on the house at the top to do whatever he wants.
    11.jpg

Townie Sterling Saiorde. Popular Sim. LTW of Rock God. Totally made by me then added to the Townie pool :wink: Seeing how I stuffed up the genetics with the non default skin and eyes, I have to introduce different ones or every Gen will look the same and I want to see variety.
    12.jpg

No fancy weddings when you live on the beach. Plus I'm still bitter about wedding parties from the amount of effort I did from that crashed and lost forever Legacy :'( They have no lightning bolts whatsoever haha I even changed the turn ons many times and still nothing. Must be their interests and star signs that's clashing. Oh well!
    13.jpg

This was sweet, dad congratulating her <3 and a little passing the Alphabet torch along.
    Aderyn is a Knowledge Sim. LTW of Criminal Mastermind. I redid the house as is my thing when the next Gen gets married. The previous Gen gets to keep their bedroom their own same design though. I tried to make it what a Rock God and Master Criminal would own; over the top and a bit tacky lol Sterling likes black and white, whilst Aderyn likes bright colours and pastels.
    14.jpg

Took over 20 "Try For Baby" but it finally happened!
    15.jpg

Sim life is mean :( Had his Want of getting a Grandchild locked in and that Want was one day away from being fulfilled! Plus his wife and kids had just gone to work, so there wasn't really anyone around except for Sterling, who didn't know his father-in-law that well yet. Awesome founder and sim, 77 sim years old, Platinum, so special grave. Brenda is two days younger, so she will be joining him soon with her own fancy headstone. The life meter just filled at 6pm and he died straight after. Can Sims live on once the life meter is full or do they immediately die like Zuriel did? Tbh I don't play Elder Sims that much. Why I'm doing this legacy. I usually play Adult sims then get bored after Gen One is born :wink:
    16.jpg
    17.jpg
    Every little piece of your life, will mean something to someone.
    screenshot-3jj.jpg
    I think I'm ready to start adding my sims in to my apartment complex. I called it Gold Coast Apartments.
    Front:
    YdAZZcb.png

Rear:
    3INog5R.png
  • hzm02hzm02 Posts: 17 Member
    Hello, it has been a while since I last posted but here what's have been happening;

I had turned off Olive Specter's aging, making her immortal in the process. Ophelia finally went to collage and had a decent relationship we Olive, though had not said goodbye to her boyfriend.

Olive is now a witch, just because, and an evil witch at that. I'm planning to revive one of her late husbands via magic and practically makes her paired up with him.

Nothing more interesting happened but her ghosts are really on my nerves! Especially the drowns!
  • Demery27Demery27 Posts: 222 Member
    @hushfirefly Thanks! I really enjoy playing Sims 2 and I am glad that everyone is posting stories from their Sims 2 games I will be updating soon
    @fullspiral - That looks so impressive and will prob be a lot of fun to play! Let me know how you go with your sims and the beach. Because every beach lot I've played, I've had to fence, gate and lock it off for all sims so they would focus on all the things I bought and built for them instead of watching waves. They are like zombies on beach lots.
    @hzm02 - How are you finding playing a witch? Or have you played them before? In the 16 years I've had Apartment Life, I have never played one haha I used to love playing one in Sims 1 soooo much! Magic Town was such an awesome 'hood <3 Agree on annoying ghosts. Only got my first one but already I'm getting peeved :s
    @Demery27 - Yay, can't wait to see what you've been up to! Really happy this thread is still kicking. I get so bored in Sims 3 and 4 :# I dunno, Sims 1 and 2 just feel challenging and different for me. They're just so quirky, humorous and real feeling?
    Only thing I miss from Sims 3 is customising everything :'( I loooove playing with colour and combinations. A lot Sims 2 objects and collections just don't go with each other. It's frustrating when you want a certain theme but like, the wood colour on the frames of objects will be different to matching wallpapers and floors :/
    screenshot-3jj.jpg
    edited February 2020
    Did a bit of playing last night because I wanted to see what the next heir would be and if Brenda would die. She hasn't yet! I was wrong about Zuriel's life meter being full when he died. Brenda is at 79 years currently and I can still see a sliver of the life meter. We shall see...
    Zuriel's ghost came to visit!
    01.jpg
    Slap Dancing is much more important to everyone than the pregnant lady going into labour :wink:
    02.jpg
    Meet baby girl Blodwen Firefly!
    03.jpg
    Ah yea, whyyyy? Lol did not want twins but tough luck for me, I guess. Meet baby girl Branwen Firefly! Both have Sterling's skin and hair but they have Zuriel's eyes like their mum. Hard to tell at the moment but Branwen looks like she has a different eye shape to Blodwen.
    04.jpg
    So glad at least Brenda is still alive to meet her grandchildren :blush: The twins parents have been pretty crappy so far :/ Immediately put them down and generally not interested when they cry. It's been Grandma Brenda and Uncle Aelous who go straight to caring for them!
    05.jpg
    Post edited by hushfirefly on
    screenshot-3jj.jpg
  • hzm02hzm02 Posts: 17 Member
    @hushfirefly - I had played it before in previous incarnation but mostly for testing (I was at that time is still new with the whole supernatural things) and to be honest, witches/wardlocks are just your typical supernatural in the Sims 2, still lacking the elaboration that latter games had. It is very similar with the Sims 1 mechanics (we need reagents or ingredients to cast spells) without the hassle of going to buy reagents with magicoins.

It's interesting to say the least, does spice up your game when you first got it but later will be boring because there's not a lot to do.

That's however is subjective, I'm playing witches for role-playing purposes and this do make playing them worthwhile!
    edited February 2020
    @hushfirefly I couldn't move anyone in last night. I'm having some issues with the building and the first family I moved in, it wouldn't let me place any furniture in the bedrooms. So I put them back in the family bin and went and furnished every apartment.

Then I tried to move another group in and all the furniture disappeared lol. I've still got some testing to do tonight after work. I think it might be either the driveways I have on the lot, or the regular doors I have to the common room (gym, game area)

Your baby is adorable!
  • deluxiedeluxie Posts: 7 New Member
    most recently my family's two daughters are making good progress in college
    well, and the university mascot happened to peep on one of them woohooing in a hot tub i bought for the establishment x)
  • Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    @hushfirefly I couldn't move anyone in last night. I'm having some issues with the building and the first family I moved in, it wouldn't let me place any furniture in the bedrooms. So I put them back in the family bin and went and furnished every apartment.

Then I tried to move another group in and all the furniture disappeared lol. I've still got some testing to do tonight after work. I think it might be either the driveways I have on the lot, or the regular doors I have to the common room (gym, game area)

Your baby is adorable!

You have to use the main boolprop cheat and shift click on the apartment door in order to rent a furnished apartment. Otherwise the furniture disappears.

There's a mod out there to make it so you don't have to use that cheat to get to it: http://modthesims.info/d/325824/enable-quot-rent-furnished-apartment-quot-outside-of-debug-mode.html
    Seera1024 wrote: »

Your baby is adorable!

You have to use the main boolprop cheat and shift click on the apartment door in order to rent a furnished apartment. Otherwise the furniture disappears.

There's a mod out there to make it so you don't have to use that cheat to get to it: http://modthesims.info/d/325824/enable-quot-rent-furnished-apartment-quot-outside-of-debug-mode.html

Thanks! I think there's still something wrong with the lot though because it won't et me place furniture after my sims rent an empty unit. But I'm going to download that mod!
    I had to give up on the lot after days of trying to fix it so last night I opted to start a new build that is not on a beach lot. Tonight will be more building.

I loved that apt on the beach though and I wish it had worked.
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,586 Member
    Hi :)

Uhg... New computer setup to Win10 from 7. I'm so sad trying to get it all working again.
    I tried ReShade but it crashes so I know I messed that up! :lol:

@Rflong7 Are you trying to improve the graphics? Or add more memory?

I fixed the graphics using the instructions on the first part of this page:

https://simscommunity.info/2016/04/27/the-sims-2-setting-up-the-resolution-windowed-mode-smooth-edges-sim-shadows/
    edited March 2020

https://simscommunity.info/2016/04/27/the-sims-2-setting-up-the-resolution-windowed-mode-smooth-edges-sim-shadows/

Thanks. I've still got all the information gathered. I just really didn't want to do it. I had hoped Graphics Rules Maker would work for me. It didn't. I also had to download lots of things like clean installer, 7zip, all those little things. Plus, reshade not setting up for me and my old downloads being left in my old computer. I just really wasn't ready.
    I had hoped I could get the Sims 2 working from the disks. Too much hoping, I guess. :lol:
    Rflong7 wrote: »

Thanks. I've still got all the information gathered. I just really didn't want to do it. I had hoped Graphics Rules Maker would work for me. It didn't. I also had to download lots of things like clean installer, 7zip, all those little things. Plus, reshade not setting up for me and my old downloads being left in my old computer. I just really wasn't ready.
    I had hoped I could get the Sims 2 working from the disks. Too much hoping, I guess. :lol:

Yeah. It's been a process for me too! I had to hook up my old computer and transfer all of my game (cc/sims/lots) to this new computer. That's all fine and now I've spent my time fixing the graphics and I am trying to work on fixing the memory allocation. I haven't had any crashing or anything, but I want it to run the best it can.

I've been in game building and testing and things with no issues. But I feel your pain! In the end though, it is going to be well worth it!

;)
    Rflong7 wrote: »

Yeah. It's been a process for me too! I had to hook up my old computer and transfer all of my game (cc/sims/lots) to this new computer. That's all fine and now I've spent my time fixing the graphics and I am trying to work on fixing the memory allocation. I haven't had any crashing or anything, but I want it to run the best it can.

I've been in game building and testing and things with no issues. But I feel your pain! In the end though, it is going to be well worth it!

;)

I don't want to hook it back up but I will. Too many bookmarks not to go get. :lol:
    With trying to go back to disk, I didn't move my downloads. Big mistake but now I get to go CC "Shopping." :blush:

I'll miss my lots but I get to start again. I plan on starting a BaCC with all my favorite challenges and a few new ones I forgot about. A month of not playing gave me a chance to read a lot of Sim 2 stories.

I haven't even started installing TS3. :cry:
    I'm getting some of my sims set back up in my little coastal town. This is Rose and Blake.

qENZD9o.jpg

jxWTBIa.jpg

Blake has 2 brothers, Paul and Cam. Paul married Rose's sister Terri and they have a new baby. Cam is still single and having fun.

The wonderful things about all this is that even though I moved them from computer to computer, and had them in the bin and everything, they never lost any relationships with anyone they know in the town. I can start back up where I left off with all of them!
  • SelSel Posts: 430 Member
    What happened in my game today? Daniel Pleasant and the maid. Nuff said.
    Origin ID: Selxna

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top