Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build/ Buy vote now available

Comments

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    It's a crime that more than half of these things won't be on the pack, they are ridiculously adorable. I instantly run out of picks on the clutter items alone, lol. I hope the community will come together and make some of these things like they did with the CAS items.

I just checked. Pepperoni Puffin already has the page for build-buy set up. They've got us covered.
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited March 2020
    What a great selection for build/buy! I had a very tough time choosing only 28 and even harder to choose just one rocking chair and knitting basket. Here's what I finally selected:

QddRNj7.png

EDIT: I really wish #21 was marked as knittable. I mean, come on, it's hanging from a knitting needle! *sigh* Oh well...

Happy Simming! <3
  • LunarChanelLunarChanel Posts: 34 Member
    Rocking Chair - #6. It appears to be more versatile than a lot of the others. Plus, I love that it has a cushion on it. Looks quite comfy.
    Knitting Basket - #4. I actually love #1, #4 AND #5, but I feel that #4 represents the DIY Delight image the best.

Non Knitable Objects
    #2 - I am absolutely crazy about cats, so anything with a cat on it sounds like a good choice to me.
    #6 - It's just so cute and homey looking. I love it.
    #12 - It's just super beautiful and has a slight boho vibe. I just love it.
    #27 - I love clutter! They're some of my favorite objects if I'm being honest and I always include it when creating builds. I like #27 especially because it represents the other part of arts & crafts instead of just knitting.
    #29- This IS a knitting pack, so we need to have some knitlike decoration/clutter objects. Plus, I felt this one would best fit the pack. #28 is way too granny like for me.
    #53 - Obviously it makes sense to have some sort of knitting station and well, I just found #53 to be the most appealing and versatile.
    #65 - Realistically, I know we tend to get at least one door in packs, so I just picked the one I wouldn't mind having.
    #81 - It's super cute and fits the theme of the pack perfectly.

Knitable Objects
    #22 - I'm not much of a family player, but I do play with toddlers from time to time. The bear flag would look super cute in a toddler's room I feel and I think a lot of family players would enjoy it.
    #37 & #46 - Even though the idea of knitted plants seems a bit weird to me, The llama one is super cute. So I kind of had to pick it. And the cactus one isn't too bad either.
    I LOVE plushies okay! Whether they're toys or decorations. And the knitted look is absolutely adorable. I can defintely see myself using them. A LOT. If we don't get at least one of the plushies, I'm going to be super upset. We have far to few as it is, and there's never such a thing as TOO many plushies. Whether for adult rooms, kid rooms, toddler rooms, whatever.
    #86 - It's actually quite a nice rug and would mesh well with a lot of the objects we already have in game.
    #105 & #106 - It would be nice to have at least a little variety of knittable items to choose from. And I love ottomans. Once again, I picked these two because they're the most modern/DIY. The other two (to me) are suitable only for elders.

Those are really the only items I like. There's a few more I wouldn't mind having, but I only voted for what I see myself using.
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    Rocking Chair - #6. It appears to be more versatile than a lot of the others. Plus, I love that it has a cushion on it. Looks quite comfy.
    Knitting Basket - #4. I actually love #1, #4 AND #5, but I feel that #4 represents the DIY Delight image the best.

Non Knitable Objects
    #2 - I am absolutely crazy about cats, so anything with a cat on it sounds like a good choice to me.
    #6 - It's just so cute and homey looking. I love it.
    #12 - It's just super beautiful and has a slight boho vibe. I just love it.
    #27 - I love clutter! They're some of my favorite objects if I'm being honest and I always include it when creating builds. I like #27 especially because it represents the other part of arts & crafts instead of just knitting.
    #29- This IS a knitting pack, so we need to have some knitlike decoration/clutter objects. Plus, I felt this one would best fit the pack. #28 is way too granny like for me.
    #53 - Obviously it makes sense to have some sort of knitting station and well, I just found #53 to be the most appealing and versatile.
    #65 - Realistically, I know we tend to get at least one door in packs, so I just picked the one I wouldn't mind having.
    #81 - It's super cute and fits the theme of the pack perfectly.

Knitable Objects
    #22 - I'm not much of a family player, but I do play with toddlers from time to time. The bear flag would look super cute in a toddler's room I feel and I think a lot of family players would enjoy it.
    #37 & #46 - Even though the idea of knitted plants seems a bit weird to me, The llama one is super cute. So I kind of had to pick it. And the cactus one isn't too bad either.
    I LOVE plushies okay! Whether they're toys or decorations. And the knitted look is absolutely adorable. I can defintely see myself using them. A LOT. If we don't get at least one of the plushies, I'm going to be super upset. We have far to few as it is, and there's never such a thing as TOO many plushies. Whether for adult rooms, kid rooms, toddler rooms, whatever.
    #86 - It's actually quite a nice rug and would mesh well with a lot of the objects we already have in game.
    #105 & #106 - It would be nice to have at least a little variety of knittable items to choose from. And I love ottomans. Once again, I picked these two because they're the most modern/DIY. The other two (to me) are suitable only for elders.

Those are really the only items I like. There's a few more I wouldn't mind having, but I only voted for what I see myself using.

I picked number 6 rocking chair as well it looked so comfy I was like omg yaaas I just wish number 9 had an option of a back cushion and it would have been the perfect rocking chair.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    OMG.

Grimmy Doll, Grimmy Doll, GRIMMY DOLL!!!!!! <3<3<3<3<3

Can I put all of my votes into that one item? Please? We can call it fair compensation for losing the cuckoo clock and Happy Haunts.
    #Team Occult
    ...And also, you know, the clown.
    #Team Occult
  • TamakiSakura84TamakiSakura84 Posts: 543 Member
    88DPgRq.png

Whew, choosing items took forever.
  • KoteykaKoteyka Posts: 537 Member
    Just let all of the plushies win please <3
  • TamakiSakura84TamakiSakura84 Posts: 543 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    OMG.

I know. It's just precious. It needs to win for the sake of vampire toddlers everywhere.
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    Karababy52 wrote: »
    What a great selection for build/buy! I had a very tough time choosing only 28 and even harder to choose just one rocking chair and knitting basket. Here's what I finally selected:

QddRNj7.png

EDIT: I really wish #21 was marked as knittable. I mean, come on, it's hanging from a knitting needle! *sigh* Oh well...

Happy Simming! <3

This has about 14 objects in common with the way I voted. I voted for the #5 basket which appears to be getting some votes. I seemed to like the other sofas more than other people. (I only voted for one sofa set but I liked both of the others).

I also voted for #20 and #77
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Moon_WillowMoon_Willow Posts: 732 Member
    My pick

JtGu3XZ.jpg

From my experience as a knitter it is way more important to have comfortable seating like 113 and 114 in the pack than a worktable like 49 and 50 because you will spend most off your time sitting down in a comfy chair knitting (watching the Witcher on Netflix at the same time) and it is only at the end of the project you might use a table when you are sewing up and blocking your work.

Next in order of important to me were the toys. I was really hoping the soft toys would combine the functionality of the Sims 3 and Sims 4 soft toys and be something that the children could take to bed and cuddle but they are not listed as a new gameplay object, so disappointing.

Then I chose some pottery items because Pottery was actually my first choice for Art and Craft and if we can't get the gameplay can we at least have a few nice pottery pieces.

Then I chose some more stuff for our sims to knit like the rugs, pouf and wall deco.

Then I chose other furniture and deco items I liked.

I chose the comfiest rocking and a knitting basket that would be both easy to carry and looked great.
    tsNVdyA.png
    Gallery ID: Truet318, check out my latest builds on the gallery.

The Road goes ever on and on And I must follow, if I can,
    Until it joins some larger way,
    Where many paths and errands meet.
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    @ChampandGirlie Cool! Nice to know there's someone else with similar tastes to my own. <3

I almost voted for the other sofa set, but it seemed very similar to a set we already have in Cats & Dogs. I almost voted for the #8 rocking chair which seems to be getting votes too. I like how cushy and modern it looks. But I wanted one with rounded arms. I was hoping for a Bentwood rocker style. I had one in the past and absolutely adored it, but oh well.

I chose the natural basket for knitting because I just love natural baskets for decor. Honestly, I'll be happy with any of the choices, it all looked great in my opinion. Although, I'll cry if we don't get at least ONE hanging flower pot. I'd jump for joy if we got all of them though. ;)

Well I won't actually cry, but I will have a big frown and boo boo lip. lol
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    Okay, whyyy is there a basket option with a bunny plushie but no bunny for the knittable toys?
    It's discrimination I tell ya, discrimination!
    At least there is Grim and the sad Clown, I hope they make it into the pack, Grim at the very least.

I wonder what kind of "gameplay" a rocking chair would have...can we rock in it while holding a small pet, baby or toddler too? That would be sweet.

Gallery ID: ra7orrat

OMG.

I know. It's just precious. It needs to win for the sake of vampire toddlers everywhere.

Exactly! What else would Vlad's tiny spawn play with in their little black cribs?
    #Team Occult
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    I really love the choices given to us here! Many of the items are super cute and special. I just hope the voting doesn't go like the CAS one did. But to be honest, in this case, I like a lot more of the choices than I did for the CAS selection so it should be fine :)

I also appreciate that they now made sure to let us know before hand what objects would be craftable and which ones would be just normal Build/Buy objects.

I voted for this rocking chair
    uuVsEwM.png

And this knitting basket
    ubh0eQ4.png

This is how I voted for Build/Buy mode items:
    4PwCVVh.png
    4iScjE8.png
    YCuMfhr.png
    vDwEoMY.png
    erxmIHu.png
    AW4J2e2.png

Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • KoteykaKoteyka Posts: 537 Member
    @AlbaWaterhouse yay, I'm not the only one who voted for the blue sofa set! There might be hope :D
  • MikkiMikkiMikkiMMikkiMikkiMikkiM Posts: 213 Member
    edited March 2020
    I can select more than 28 items, am I supposed to keep count myself?
    Edit: to clarify, just wondering if that is how it's supposed to be or if there is something going wrong.
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    @MikkiMikkiMikkiM I believe it just won't go through once you click "next" or "done" (can't remember what word is used)
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    ...And also, you know, the clown.

The Grimmy Doll ok I voted for it but I drew the line at the clown! :)
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    edited March 2020
    I can select more than 28 items, am I supposed to keep count myself?
    Edit: to clarify, just wondering if that is how it's supposed to be or if there is something going wrong.

I just jotted the numbers down on a pad in 4 columns of 7. :)
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    So glad they went with the rocking chair and many of the items from the elder pack but why the first vote? It looks like we're getting back to where it should of been all along elder stuff and I'm all for it.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    Here's what I voted for. I'm pretty happy with everything except the door (#59) as I love the flowers but I don't like the button thing, so if we get that door then I hope it comes with swatches that don't have the button.

UXaAdO2.png
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    edited March 2020
    I think this is what I voted for. I know I mostly voted for small items, but I didn't have favourites from the bigger ones so I figured I'd focus on inspiring items or those I could see my sims using. 111 has such cute little paws!
    tCJzKd4.png

All the rocking chairs were pretty cool. I think I voted for 7 because I could picture it on a Strangerville porch, but I don't really mind which one we get :smile: Same with the knitting baskets. I think I voted for 3, because I liked its shape and it was neutral, but I kinda like the other ones too, except 5. That bow is a bit too much.
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    edited March 2020
    Off to take the survey, but it sounds like you are on a great track!

ETA: OMG rocking chairs!!

Also, a simple request for all future surveys: please, please, please, if we are going to have a multiselect option with dozens of choices, PLEASE put the checkboxes directly underneath the pictures of the objects so that we don't have to scroll back and forth. The current system, with all the pictures at the top and the selections at the bottom makes it entirely to possible to make an error, and it's also physically painful for some of us with vision-related disabilities.
  • lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    I voted for these:
    V6MbMzp.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top