Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

28 isn't enough 😱

28 items on today's vote isn't enough. Knitted items should've had it's own category. There are just too many nice things in the vote.

Comments

• ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    It never is. I just tried to keep it to one or two items per category and it helped a lot. Basically tried to balance out all my votes. I did pick number 8 with the padded rocking chair which happens to be my favorite number too.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    I think it was fine. There were a lot of very nice items, but I'd rather have this "problem" than trying to find the least offensive objects in a pile of garbage.
    Also, rocking chair #8 for the win!
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Woohoo for rocking chairs!!!! But yeah I thought the items were amazing 😅🥰🥰🥰🥰
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    I felt that way about the first vote, but not this one. I had more than enough votes to go for everything I wanted. I focused on items that could be knit and didn't pay any mind to things like dining chairs or other furniture that doesn't seem to have any connection to knitting.
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    It never is. I just tried to keep it to one or two items per category and it helped a lot. Basically tried to balance out all my votes. I did pick number 8 with the padded rocking chair which happens to be my favorite number too.

I sort of did that. I just picked what I would like to see in my craft room with a good selection of knit items also. Still wasn't enough. Some stuff was so much alike, I wish they had narrowed it in some areas, like not so many desk selections, couches, end tables, ECT. For example, if everyone picked a hanging plant holder, but since there was 4, it split the vote by 4, while something simmers didn't want gets more. If a vote was just between that winning item and the plant holder, then the holder would be an easy win, but because it was split 4 ways, it takes the vote way down and something we really wanted less wins. Hope, it makes sense. Just wish we had gotten more picks. Sure hope they make some of these items from all the surveys in future packs.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Really? I couldn't even pick 28. O.o I think I stopped at 20.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    edited March 2020
    Really? I couldn't even pick 28. O.o I think I stopped at 20.

My initial "must have that" list went to 21, but when I added in a "round 2" I got to 30... except I missed one when actually voting and only cut 1, only to later realize I'd missed one I wanted more.

and there were certainly other objects I wanted, but just not with enough priority to vote for them. :smiley:
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    edited March 2020
    I had a stragedy pick 14 knitting stuff and non knitting stuff it was easy at least for me this time around.
    Post edited by Briana2425 on
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    GRIMMY DOLL! <3

That's all that matters anymore.
    #Team Occult
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,384 Member
    Nice items, but many look like we already have them from Laundry Day or Parenthood. I must really admit this theme is not for me. The rocking chairs are fine however to complete a cozy witch house.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    I loved the dolls and those hand-crafted kiddie decore items. Honestly, there were a lot of solid items here. I think I'll be satisfied with any outcome this time around, since there are so many good things here. (But watch me be proven wrong next week.)
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    I hope they don't just take one of each category...there was some nice clutter there and the hanging plants we don't have something like that at all in the game, we could use more than one...but most of all: The dolls!
    LiELF wrote: »
    GRIMMY DOLL! <3

Yes, I need that doll, I NEED IT!
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• jeepjeepcatjeepjeepcat Posts: 2,302 Member
    I went through and picked my must haves and was left with 10, so I went through again, I'm about 50/50 with crafting and catalogue.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I think I only voted for 16 items though after voting I seen I missed 19 which I would of voted for so 28 seemed plenty. What's lacking for me is clothing the selection that won and what little is actually being added to a pack about knitting is truly pathetic.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    Like OP I too think the craftables should have bee separated in their own voting. There was not enough votes to include doors, windows and sofas - that doesn't mean I would not want those in my game.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
    GRIMMY DOLL! <3

I voted for him <3 . We need graveyards, more goth stuff, and grim interactions. Dangerous stuff, grave yards, and whatever this last one was called that was like dangerous stuff.
    Gordy wrote: »
    I loved the dolls and those hand-crafted kiddie decore items. Honestly, there were a lot of solid items here. I think I'll be satisfied with any outcome this time around, since there are so many good things here. (But watch me be proven wrong next week.)

Being proven wrong is what I'm afraid of. I too thing there are a whole lot of nice things in that grouping. I think I had like 9 over first time around and had so much trouble trying to pin it down to 28. I think I ended up voting for 5 of those dolls/decor dolls. I really hope we get some great things and not a bunch of junk that looks like what we already have. I also hope they put a bunch of these in future packs as well as some of the other things that we have voted on in the past pictures and themes.
    Like OP I too think the craftables should have bee separated in their own voting. There was not enough votes to include doors, windows and sofas - that doesn't mean I would not want those in my game.

I voted for one door, one window, one sofa, and a sofa chair to match. I also voted for 2 curtains although I usually don't care too much about them. I wanted 3, but had to cut one of them. It does suck though, because it takes away from craft tables ect.

Also, noticed not all things on the art style that won made it to the vote. The rolling chair didn't, the blue containers on the plain tables, and the jar of buttons.

I do have to say, that I liked a bunch of items that I saw.
  • jeepjeepcatjeepjeepcat Posts: 2,302 Member
    Just to add... Yes, I also voted for the grimmy doll, my sims need to be able to knit that!
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    Almost 100% of my votes were for knit objects, but those doors! The stash desks! Had to fit those in too. It was definitely hard to pick though. I made myself submit the moment I got to 28 so I wouldn't have regrets for things that hadn't caught my eye earlier.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    Almost 100% of my votes were for knit objects, but those doors! The stash desks! Had to fit those in too. It was definitely hard to pick though. I made myself submit the moment I got to 28 so I wouldn't have regrets for things that hadn't caught my eye earlier.

I just wish there had been a little more room, but I wished that on all the other things we voted on too. :)
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    I first thought I wouldn't have enough votes for everything I liked, but then I realized that we'll most likely get only one door, one chair, one doll etc. And no matter how little I wanted even more sofas, they'd include the most voted for one. So the most sensible thing would be to vote for your most wanted item of each category.

Still couldn't decide between the two maillboxes and voted for both in the end. And no sofa.
  • lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    For me it wasn't that hard to pick 28 objects. I think it was the right quantity. Maybe because I'm not so into this theme unlike the laundry pack.
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    i voted but i liked all of them so i won't be mad at what wins...as long as that bird mobile makes it in. that would be great in a nursery
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    GRIMMY DOLL! <3

He is one of my absolute favourites as well. I wasn't expecting him at all and I was still sad that most of the stuff I chose for the clothing vote didn't get picked so it was a wonderful surprise to find him.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    edited March 2020
    I tried to vote for the knitted items I liked the most but I didn't want to only go for decor items either. I avoided a lot of the furniture but I did pick a few doors and one sofa set, and I chose the craft table I liked best as well.

If they do this again I really think we should vote by category because it can be a little overwhelming having to scroll down all the items and check the right number in the voting list against the items in the image. I would much rather select my choices by category. Realistically there will be a mix of stuff anyway so it's weird that we just vote for our top 28. I'm still gutted that I voted for so many hats in the last vote yet few hats were picked for the pack. I think it would be much fairer to vote by category.

yzANLa8.jpg

Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • candybootcandyboot Posts: 129 Member
    I really, really hope we get the hanging plants.