Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Blueprint Builds

Comments

• AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,655 Member
    @nucleonide I love it! Great job :)
  • jadeiamjadeiam Posts: 146 Member
    Challenge Number: BB4
    Origin ID: jadeiam
    Gallery Name of Build: Hollywood Tropical
    Gallery Link: Hollywood Tropical
    Link to slideshow: Hollywood Tropical Slideshow
    Additional Notes: I decided to build in a Modern Tropical style. I wanted the clean black and white lines of modern, offset with lush green tropical vibes and vibrant colours introduced from the art and decor. The interior is decorated for a family of 4, I envisioned 2 teen boys, one who loves playing the guitar, the other is a little bit retro. The exterior is where most of my attention went! I tried to create a layered tropical feel, with different areas for different things, one property, but with a feeling of privacy in each section. A BBQ, outdoor dining and lounge area, stepping down a bamboo staircase to the viewing chairs and tennis court, a pool surrounded by screens and bamboo and a hot tub with stairs leading down to the perfect panoramic view.

MsCHEqH.png
    Eq1LdwD.png
  • jadeiamjadeiam Posts: 146 Member
    I also just wanted to say this is a fantastic monthly challenge! Building from blueprints/pictures is always fun to do, so thank you to @AlJay for creating and hosting it.
    The builds are all incredible, including the shell provided. It's so much fun seeing how each of us is inspired by the blueprint and make it our own :)
    Thank you @jadeiam Your house looks so nice. The modern look is always one of my favorites!
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,594 Member
    Chalkpoint is a lovely family home! @nucleonide :) The pretty flowers on home edges and pathway around to back patio look very nice! Very lovely outdoors dining, pool and basketball court patio! The row of trees on the side edge is stately. Very lovely furnishing of the interior! Very nice design of the great room.The study desk and reading corner nook under the stairs is very nice! The furnishing of the bedrooms is very nice! The vanity table in the master bedroom is very nice for Sims to sit and do makeup. They will enjoy doing YouTube videos on the table in one of the other bedrooms,
    It Is a very nice home for a sims family :)

Hollywood Tropical is a very lovely modern family home! @jadeiam :) Very great exterior design, landscaping and the black and white colour scheme of the exterior and interior gives a great look and feel to the home! Lovely outdoors areas! The tropical trees and plants through the outdoors areas are very lovely! The design of the outdoors living, dining, bar and pool patio area is very nice! It is great there is a tennis court! Very lovely furnishing of the interior! There are many special features and details in each room!
    It is very nice tropical modem home :)
  • nucleonidenucleonide Posts: 216 Member
    Thanks @AlJay and thanks for this challenge! :) Thank you @rosemow! :)

@breanna206: I love how you transformed the garage into a media/activity room. The white brick exterior with the light wood flooring makes the house modern yet homey all through out
    @AlJay: Beautiful landscaping all around, especially the gorgeous flowers + outdoor lights on the front. Really nice back porch. That little sandbox in the backyard is so cute!
    @shakerella: Love the rustic feels all over. Really warm and cozy feeling especially in the living and family rooms.
    @MonaSolstraale: Love the color schemes you used; that pop of orange with the bar chairs in the kitchen is really nice. The teen bedrooms feel very lived-in, you really see the personalities with the items you used.
    @AliSim19: I'm still amazed that this is base-game only! Really inspired by how you did the exterior.
    @MikkiMikkiMikkiM: Welcome! This house is giving me goth feels, but like a modern goth. The sauna area is nice. The home theatre looks really luxurious; I want one for my home. :))
    @Cheekyimp: I'm really getting the well-traveled couple story just by the house design and the items you picked. I especially love the colorful rugs/carpets you chose in each area.
    @wendyology: I really like how you've laid out the wall art in the great room, almost like in a museum. The garden dividing the pool and court is so pretty.
    @jadeiam: I think I've found what I need for my Chateau Peak lot! (Though I don't have all packs yet :disappointed:) This modern house is just beautiful: the terrain work, the pool, the tennis court. In love with it

Looking forward to the next challenge :smiley:
    Owns: (EPs) GTW, GT, CL, S, CD, GF, IL, EL / (GPs) SD, PH, JA, DO / (SPs) MHSP, BYSP, VGSP, BNSP, LDSP, MSP
  • AliSim19AliSim19 Posts: 443 Member
    @nucleonide thank you so much for your lovely comment 😊 So many builds to catch up on, looks like my morning is sorted! 😁
  • GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,344 Member
    @shakerella I like the wooden siding you chose for the exterior of your Traditional 3 Bedroom house. The living room looks very cozy, and I also like the casual elegance of the bathroom decor.

@MonaSolstraale Your Large Artistic Home really looks like a place where some creative people live. I like all the details and the studio space upstairs, as well as the sense of personality in the kids' rooms.

@AliSim19 I already mentioned how much I love your Old Mission remodel, but I'll say it again. I particularly like the unified "desert" color scheme throughout the house, and the curved edges on the foundation and deck area.

@MikkiMikkiMikkiM Your Art Lovers Family Home is beautiful. I love how you blended modern and more "old fashioned" styles in the furniture and decor.

@Cheekyimp When I look at your Blueprint Challenge build, it makes me feel like it is a real and livable house where I would want to be. I love the wood textures you used in the flooring and some of the furniture, and the earthy greens and browns color scheme.

@wendyology So much personality in those kids' rooms! I love the bright cheerful sunshine decor room juxtaposed to the goth teen room. Feels like a family with some interesting kids lives there. I also really like the elegant master bedroom.

@nucleonide The rock paths you have winding through the yard in Chalk Point are so cool. And I love the koi images in the pool bottom. The yard feels like a fun place to be. I also really like how you combined a studio space with murals ready to be painted in the garage. This house feel like a great pace for an active and creative family.

@jadeiam Your Hollywood Tropical house is gorgeous. The pool area with all the bamboo and other greenery looks so inviting for a hot day. The front area with all the ferns is elegant. You did a great job of combining clean modern lines with lush vegetation.

Unfortunately, I'm not able to participate this month. I don't know what it was, but I just couldn't seem to put together an interior decor that was working for me. I tried really hard last weekend, but hated everything I made. :frowning: And I destroyed it in a fit of frustration. Sigh. Today is too busy a day for me to try again. So I give up, and I will take a crack at the next month's design. I love what everyone else did with this one though. You are all really creative!
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
    Thank you very muchly @GlacierSnow :) Sorry you got mad with your build and couldn't finish it, I've had builds like that and I get the frustration!!
    I've also been catching up on everyone's builds...as always a great collection from just one blueprint/shell!!

@MikkiMikkiMikkiM I love how you've used the room spaces! Having the piano bar in the great room and the media room upstairs is so effective, and the brick you've used looks great :) Getting a sauna in there too, fab <3

@Cheekyimp The green you've used in the great room is one of my favourites but I find it hard to carry off....you've managed it perfectly! The whole feels so calm and tranquil, lovely build :)

@wendyology You kept the skylight, yay! Glad it didn't leak ;) I'm so glad you finished this build after all, I love what you've done with the outdoor areas in particular and those bedrooms look even better in situ :)

@nucleonide Another one with fantastic outdoor space and you've done a great job with those paths. Indoors is lovely too and I got completely distracted by how great the rug looks in the colour, don't think I've ever actually noticed that swatch before and it's such a good choice for your room! I'm going to go hunt it down now :)

@jadeiam Excellent twist on the blue print, such a cool modern build! Your time and attention to the exterior was well spent, it's all totally stunning <3 The interiors are all so well done too but I'm afraid I'm camping out on that patio & poolside forever!

• nucleonidenucleonide Posts: 216 Member
    Thank you, @AliSim19! Glad you liked the paths, it was a bit of a pain to align them :sweat_smile:

Thanks @GlacierSnow! I hope you could you join in the next month's challenge :)
    Owns: (EPs) GTW, GT, CL, S, CD, GF, IL, EL / (GPs) SD, PH, JA, DO / (SPs) MHSP, BYSP, VGSP, BNSP, LDSP, MSP
  • MonaSolstraaleMonaSolstraale Posts: 1,378 Member
    Thanks @nucleonide for providing some in-depth comments. I really like your bright yellow and turquoise colors. I can see that we have had so many common ideas and I found it very inspiring to see how different expressions we have.
    This also applies to all other contributions.
    I am afraid to forget to name some of you so I will say in general that I LOVE the variety <3
    Thank you @nucleonide !
    You guys are all just so wonderful!! <3 I love how encouraging you are to one another
  • Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    @AlJay I have no house this month because I was sick and not simming as often as I needed to finish my builds. I did the roof (which took forever) and the kitchen. So I am looking forward to March's shell.

Amazing builds from everyone. I love how divetse they all are.
    @Becka28 I am sorry that you haven't been feeling well. I hope that you are feeling better soon <3
    Thank you so much to everyone who participated in this month's challenge! You all did such fantastic jobs on your builds and each one was so special and unique. It may have been a bit of a challenge, being such a large house plan, but you guys did great! :)

@Taoron even though you didn’t make an official entry, I just wanted to say that the screenshot that you posted on the page looks so very nice and you did a wonderful job of re-creating the house from the blueprint.

@breanna206 Woodside Manor is a very nice family home! I really like the white brick exterior and the black and white theme in the kitchen. I like that you have turned the garage into a very nice family room and the colors throughout the house look very nice.

@shakerella Your traditional 3-bedroom home looks wonderful! I really like the brick and siding that you chose for the exterior. The warm colors on the interior of the home look very nice and I really like the way that you did the laundry room. I think it is great that you showed the family enjoying their new home.

@MonaSolstraale Your large artistic home looks great! I like the black and white coloring of the exterior and the curved driveway looks great! You have done a great job of landscaping. I really like the wood floor that you have chosen for the interior of the home and the bedrooms are so nicely decorated! Excellent use of clutter throughout the home.

@Alisim19 Old Mission Base game is a wonderful Spanish style home. The columns on the edges are great and I love the way you have designed the roof. Great job on the landscaping as well. The clay tiles work perfectly with the theme inside and I really like the yellows and oranges that you have used throughout the home. The garage is really fun as well.

@MikkiMikkiMikkiM You have done a beautiful job on this family home! The brick on the exterior looks very nice and the pool with the tree for shade is very nice in the yard. I really like your idea for a sauna in the garage and I love the piano in the great room. It is nice that you used the bonus space to make a media room and I really like the colors in the child’s bedroom.

@Cheekyimp Your family home looks great! The lights in the back yard are a great idea and I love the way you have made the garage with the ping pong table and the fridge and couch. The green color you have chosen for the walls on the interior looks really nice with the way you have decorated the house. Your house looks so nice and inviting!

@wendyology I really like the way your Spanish style home turned out. The extra parking area is great and I love that you added a basketball court. The interior looks really nice with the different rugs that you used and the furniture really makes it feel authentic. Great job in making each bedroom reflect the personality of the child.

@nucleonide Chalk Point is a very nice family home. I really like the white exterior and the paths that you have added in the yard look wonderful. I like the color choices that you used for decorating. I Never though of putting the fish rug in the pool. Great idea! Your kitchen looks great and I love how you made a half wall in the second-floor bathroom to make that horribly awkward corner look nice.

@jadeiam Your Hollywood Tropical home is very nice! I love the Modern style that you have chosen for your house. You have made this house work perfectly on the lot and have done a great job with the terrain manipulation. The way you made separate room areas in the yard is wonderful. You have done such a great job of adding all the wonderful little details in the interior, to really make this house look lived in.

I'll be back bright and early tomorrow with a new challenge ;)
    Thank you very much for your lovely comments @AlJay <3 And thank you for setting up a really fun challenge too!! 😊😊
    edited March 2020
    March Challenge
    qGMtRCZ.jpg
    The challenge for March is to use this blueprint to design a home. Your build can be on any size lot and any style you choose. There is no budget for this build. Please do not use any custom content and hashtag with #BB5 when you upload it to the gallery. If you wish to make a household for your new build, please feel free to do that as well!
    If you need a starting point, I have uploaded a shell to the gallery for you to use. This is just a guide and can be put on any size lot with any wall and foundation height.

BlueprinBuilds-Mar Shell

Have fun! I look forward to seeing what you come up with for March!
    Post edited by AlJay on
  • icanhassimsicanhassims Posts: 790 Member
    Challenge Number: 5
    Origin ID: icanhassims
    Gallery Name of Build: Contemporary Desert Home
    Gallery Link: https://ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/828A652B5CBB11EA855A9D05B2E585BB
    All photos: Imgur
    Additional Notes: I went ahead and used the shell you created, @AlJay. I really appreciate you building it as I've been having difficulty concentrating lately (chronic pain) and that was a huge help.
    Pictures:
    iOHVXff.png
    f7i45K1.png
    Get 25% off with the code: SIMS4FORUMS My Sims 4 Portfolio
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,594 Member
    edited March 2020
    Contemporary Desert Home is a lovely desert family home! @icanhassims :) The exterior colour and cactus plants look great! Very nice raised pool! Very lovely interior furnishings and the blue, yellow, orange and brown colour scheme is very nice! Very nice patterned flooring in the master bedroom and the circular rugs in the other rooms add a great look to the rooms. The wall patterns, colour and textures in each of the bedrooms is very nice! Great study desks areas in the bedrooms for Sims to enjoy using the computers.Very nice kitchen design with the plants wall decor and homely touches of the knives block and spice rack. The patterned bathroom wall tiling is very nice.
    I am sorry that you are having chronic pain :( Pain is awful! I send hugs to you <3
    I'm so sorry that you have chronic pain @icanhassims I am glad that the shell was helpful :) Your house looks great!
  • shakerellashakerella Posts: 321 Member
    @icanhassims this is such a cool home. I like the way you decorated and designed. There are so many objects or wallpapers that I never use, and then I see it in a house and I'm like.. wow! That looks great!
    My Current Challenge: Drifter House Challenge
  • TheRealTacomamaTheRealTacomama Posts: 109 Member
    It's my first time trying this challenge. I haven't used any custom content or mods in the build but it still says it's modded. What do I do?
    Simming for twenty years...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top