Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Disappointed about lounge chairs

1234568...Next

Comments

• GenerationSimmerGenerationSimmer Posts: 210 Member
    Not sure if it was mentioned already but I just discovered that toddlers can't interact with lounge chairs (nor towels). I wanted a toddler to nap on a towel and couldn't interact with the object, so I tried the lounge chair and...NADA.
    Really?

It would be great if toddlers could nap on a towel.
    You know, the family is a whole day on the beach... Toddlers get tired.. so a quick nap on a towel.
    Sadly, they can't as you tell..

But I'm wondering about kids and lounge chairs now. Haven't tested it yet...
    👋🏻 Hi, my name is Domi / 📍 Brindleton Bay 💛Legacy Player 🔔FOLLOW ON: TWITTER / TUMBLR
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    Simmivie wrote: »
    Not sure if it was mentioned already but I just discovered that toddlers can't interact with lounge chairs (nor towels). I wanted a toddler to nap on a towel and couldn't interact with the object, so I tried the lounge chair and...NADA.
    Really?

It would be great if toddlers could nap on a towel.
    You know, the family is a whole day on the beach... Toddlers get tired.. so a quick nap on a towel.
    Sadly, they can't as you tell..

But I'm wondering about kids and lounge chairs now. Haven't tested it yet...

True!
    I don't know either. I'll need to test that.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • GageaGagea Posts: 1,274 Member
    Kids can use lounge chairs just like teens.
  • gemchiaragemchiara Posts: 97 Member
    > @Simmivie said:
    > Hi all! I was so excited about the lounge chair that just came with the free update, but...
    > I started my game to test it immediately and I was really hoping we could do some things on them while relaxing.
    > First, I tried let my sim to read a book while laying on it, but this was not possible (you can read a book on it but your sim will be just sitting, not laying).
    > I was a bit disappointed , but then I thought okay but it will be problably possible to let two sims chill next to each other and let them talk, but they also can not interact with each other while laying!
    >
    > Maybe I did something wrong, I really don't know... Let me know if you were able to do these things.
    > But if it's just how it supposed to be then I'm a little bit disappointed with this...
    >
    > What do you think?

It's one of the things I miss from the Sims 2 (which I only recently weened myself off of) was the ability to lounge on any surface (bed, lounge chair etc.) and read/daydream! It was a nice touch and something I found quite realistic and I'm sad it hasn't made its way to the Sims 4
  • GenerationSimmerGenerationSimmer Posts: 210 Member
    Gagea wrote: »
    Kids can use lounge chairs just like teens.

Ah, thank you!
    👋🏻 Hi, my name is Domi / 📍 Brindleton Bay 💛Legacy Player 🔔FOLLOW ON: TWITTER / TUMBLR
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,176 Member
    edited March 2020
  • thecatsredthecatsred Posts: 327 Member
    edited March 2020
    Making a sim be able to lounge and read a book is a new animation so obviously they wouldn't bother with that since lounging is already a new animation on it's own. Same with sims talking while lounging. New animation.

There's virtually NO budget in sims anymore for new animations so don't go expecting anything ever again really. Most new objects recycle animations.
  • EA_JozEA_Joz Posts: 3,164 EA Staff (retired)
    Hello everyone, please remember that necroposting is against the rules. I've gone ahead and closed the thread.

Please review our Posting Rules & Guidelines here:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/forum-rules

~EA_Joz
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top