Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Homebusiness Lot Type, please.

I was reading a discussion where they were asking for a new career with the pack, but I think knitting alone don't need a new career, and that they should focus on the craft/DIY side of it. Maybe it could have a fashion career if it was introduced with modeling, sewing, and fashion photography (would've loved all of those instead of the digital influencer part of Get Famous), but thats not the case. So, I was thinking... It doesn't make much sense to have a new freelancer career too, but that would be the perfect time for them to introduce a Homebusiness Lot Type.We have been asking that since Get To Work came out, its something we desperately need. Pleeeease?!

Comments

• ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Not that I wouldn't like a lot type like that, I just don't think it needs to be put in this pack. I'd prefer they focus on knitting as a skill and not trying to add extra business-type elements.
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    @ListentoToppDogg they said that if adding more things could fit the budget without hurting the quality of Knitting, they would try to add one or two other features from that Arts & Crafts list, so... Maybe they could add that too, IDK. But would love that at some point.
  • TamakiSakura84TamakiSakura84 Posts: 543 Member
    edited February 2020
    Maybe this could be added for free on the patch day before release? Or as an update to Get to Work?
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    You can already own a business, so I am thinking that your sim can sell what they made there unless I am wrong. I know you can buy yard sale tables and sell them. If businesses don't work to allow selling what you make, then it would be a nice addition. Perhaps they could add it in a larger pack though and instead keep the extra money to give us some more clothes off the vote. I would rather have some of those.
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    edited February 2020
    they did do that survey asking which packs could use more polish and i hope get to work got a lot of votes because this and having an online store so objects aren't magically sold into thin air would be really cool to have.

a retail system overhaul in general is so needed since i use that way more than i use the 3 get to work careers.

but i dont think i want them to focus on that for this pack, just find the time and money somewhere else
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    @Karon That's just the thing, I don't have the confidence that the team would be able to incorporate this into a stuff pack without cutting corners on the main priority. So I'd rather they focus their attention on the knitting aspect itself. I think they can add something like this separately in a patch, as someone else said.
    @davina1221 Homebusiness isn't the same. In Sims 2 you could set your business at your home lot without any restrictions, but in SIms 4 you have to own 2 lots, one for your home and one for your business, but if you have a business and set up a living spot there, it is goign to be a little glitchy.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    Having a home business would be great but it would definitely work best as an upgrade for Get To Work.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    I wonder if we'll be able to sell knitted items at the flea market or from a sales table?
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • reiureyareiureya Posts: 80 Member
    >.> I guess I'm the only one who XD builds an upstairs home into a retail business, if I'm going to operate one. It takes up too much time and effort to ever go back to your main lot, if you are trying to climb the retail latter. I personally set them up with an upstairs apartment and close, when my Sim is too tired or too hungry to handle things.
  • MsKatieRoseMsKatieRose Posts: 672 Member
    Karon wrote: »
    I was reading a discussion where they were asking for a new career with the pack, but I think knitting alone don't need a new career, and that they should focus on the craft/DIY side of it. Maybe it could have a fashion career if it was introduced with modeling, sewing, and fashion photography (would've loved all of those instead of the digital influencer part of Get Famous), but thats not the case. So, I was thinking... It doesn't make much sense to have a new freelancer career too, but that would be the perfect time for them to introduce a Homebusiness Lot Type.We have been asking that since Get To Work came out, its something we desperately need. Pleeeease?!

Yaasss, the sooner, the better. Especially, as that could mean more lot choices. Plus, considering how lots have become more limited in some of the more recent packs.
    Always be your unapologetically and authentic self
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Im not really interested in this knitting pack ( i can change my mind...) but i'm very very interested in a homebusiness lot trait. I'm not using retail gameplay at all because i dont want to be away from my home lot for a long time to be micro managing a retail shop. I want to have my business in a room at my home, where i can take care of my sim's family and also make them help with the business.
    edited March 2020
    reiureya wrote: »
    >.> I guess I'm the only one who XD builds an upstairs home into a retail business, if I'm going to operate one. It takes up too much time and effort to ever go back to your main lot, if you are trying to climb the retail latter. I personally set them up with an upstairs apartment and close, when my Sim is too tired or too hungry to handle things.

I've done that but you still need to have a home lot, which means owning 2 properties, and can be more difficult if the sim doesn't have a lot of money.
    @Mariefoxprice83 @reiureya sometimes we also play multiple sims in a household and its annoying to have two lots just to have a business lot.
  • reiureyareiureya Posts: 80 Member
    Yeah I know what you mean, but I find that's the only real way to have a personal home business. They don't allow you to just move into your business lot. I think that using objects like they did to designate open and close of a business in the previous version of home business would be better than a lot type though. I mean it would make more sense that way, and that might be easier to do than a lot type.
    I've noticed when I've tried living on the premises that children in the household will always default to the actual home lot when finishing school.
    @reiureya a lot-type approach could be used to implement more detailed features. Like requirements to close your houses door to costumers and employees, creating an employees room in the business part of the lot, a costumers bathroom, etc...
    You could also have some advantages, like we have on tiny homes. Like, if you have an employees room, they would be happier to work for you, if you have a vending machine/food your costumers will be more likely to spend more time in your business, etc...