Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We can take sick pets to the vet but not sick sims to the doctor/hospital ?!

DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
edited March 2020 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
Ok, this is something I don’t get. We can take pets to the vet but if our sim’s kid is sick we can’t even give them medicine ?!

Since there’s an hospital with Get to Work, why can’t we take sick sims to the hospital (or dr practice if we had one) to get treated ? It would add more gameplay and realism.

Also when a kid is sick, why can’t their parents give them medicine or even comfort them ? (Again, we can comfort sick pets.....)
It would be more realistic if they stayed in bed with their parents taking care of them, giving them medicine, bringing them soup....until they feel better.

Also it would be nice to have Hospital/Dr Practice lots (the hospital is hidden).

Oh and to have sims occasionally get hurt (broken leg/arm, (while roller skating or playing soccer for instance) superficial burn etc), and get band-aids and casts.

Comments

• NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    I really wish the hospital that came with GTW was a regular lot that Sims could visit and get treatment when they're sick. (Actually I wish the same thing for the police station, but this would be for purposes of getting arrested, breaking out and raising havoc in general.) The children in my game do take medicine when in their inventory, but it cannot be administered to them, which would be more realistic. I agree about parents not taking care of sick kids. IRL a sick child is usually a big deal for parents and in the game they don't notice which makes it seem like they don't care.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    Exactly, my sims don’t even notice when their kid is sick!! (And don’t mind their teens coming home at 2 am either, parents in TS4 really don’t seem to care about their kids that much!).
    I really wish the hospital that came with GTW was a regular lot that Sims could visit and get treatment when they're sick. (Actually I wish the same thing for the police station, but this would be for purposes of getting arrested, breaking out and raising havoc in general.) The children in my game do take medicine when in their inventory, but it cannot be administered to them, which would be more realistic. I agree about parents not taking care of sick kids. IRL a sick child is usually a big deal for parents and in the game they don't notice which makes it seem like they don't care.

• LinzzLinzz Posts: 323 Member
    That was one of things I was upset about, that we can't go to the doctor when sick. My sim kids seem to get sick quite often and there is no way to help them without lots of rest and tea it seems.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    That's my biggest complaint with sims 4. The lack of sims acknowledging,caring or noticing eachother. I always wanted sims to care for their sick kid but nope. Just a simple comfort,bring soup, take to doctor would be meaningful. Sims don't care about or notice almost ANYTHING. And if they can't make sims acknowledge it they should atleast give us the options to manually perform the actions. 🙂
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    I think we should have options to take our sims to the hospital physically and with a rabbit hole. Taking your pet to the vet is realistic yes, but it takes too long. I feel like I waste so much of a day just doing that, plus I'm stuck leaving my other sims on hold while one is at the vet. I'm sure a hospital visit would be exactly the same. But I know some people enjoy the ability to actually go. So I'd like the option to do a rabbit hole, as well as an option to actually go.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    Well you could still order meds from a computer like we do already if you don’t want to take your sims to the hospital.
    I think we should have options to take our sims to the hospital physically and with a rabbit hole. Taking your pet to the vet is realistic yes, but it takes too long. I feel like I waste so much of a day just doing that, plus I'm stuck leaving my other sims on hold while one is at the vet. I'm sure a hospital visit would be exactly the same. But I know some people enjoy the ability to actually go. So I'd like the option to do a rabbit hole, as well as an option to actually go.

• catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member

When they do things like this, they overdo it. The pets are always sick instead of sick once in a while. It's annoying, not fun.