Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which Sims expansion was your favourite?

Comments

• ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    Sims 1: Superstar - I would have my sims do so much stuff in that EP's neighborhoods that often times they pass out and sleep on the floor before they get home!
    Sims 2: Open For Business - running your own business really is so much fun! I also love Bluewater Village it came with.
    Sims 3: Island Paradise, but Ambitions, and World Adventures are close after it. But honestly, I loved ALL the EPs for TS3. There are features in each one that I really love and find useful!

• CarlottleCarlottle Posts: 17 Member
    TS1 Makin' Magic was probably the one that I loved and played exclusively the most. TS2 Open for Business changed my game play massively. And TS3, I feel like all the packs actually contributed to the game as a whole and I use bits from them all in every game.
  • ChiefKimmioChiefKimmio Posts: 3 New Member
    A couple of my favorites are really good
    Ambitious,Supernatural,Adventure,Future
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,120 Member
    Supernatural, World Adventure, Island Paradise, Pets, Ambitions & Into The Future.
  • RebbilinaRebbilina Posts: 377 Member
    edited March 2020
    Generations for sims 3 and city living and seasons for 4.
  • NoirStasisNoirStasis Posts: 243 Member
    From the packs I had loved TS2 Open for business.

When Sims were going to buy items they stood in line at the cash register had a bag, the register actually opened up and they gave each other money, new Sims to the register/unlucky Sims sometimes had it pop open and hit them, the hair salon came with the pack and there were hair physics,at the electronic store robots toys could be created and they worked ; little touches like that.
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    I think my favorite ep. for ts3 has to be either Late Night or Generations. Late Night because it introduced vampires and Generations because it added so much in the way of family gameplay to the game.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • JusKeepSimminJusKeepSimmin Posts: 27 Member
    TS3 Supernatural, hands down. I loved everything about that pack and nothing will ever compare :D
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Easily Sims 2 Open for Business nothing even comes close to its greatness. How i miss well thought out packs
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • SimpleeSimplee Posts: 64 Member
    My favourite expansion has to be the sims 3 pets! I fell in love with having horses in the game! :D
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited March 2020
    The Sims 4 EP03 City Living

The City theme is my favorite theme.

TS2 EP2 Nightlife and TS2 EP8 Apartment Life are the next.
  • Lady EmeraldLady Emerald Posts: 18 Member
    TS3 Dragon Valley and TS4 Pets :)
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    The Island Paradise expansion in TS3 was a game changer for me. It was something the franchise had never seen before. I love it to this day.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • SallycutecatSallycutecat Posts: 269 Member
    edited April 2022
    The Sims 4 Island Living. I originally got it for the mermaids, but found myself enjoying so many of the other aspects of the pack too. It captures Island life really well and is a lot of fun to play.
    Please check out my YouTube Channel. I cover features from The Sims 4 game.
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCaj9o4hycNSPy8U1Ip0OCFA/videos
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Sims 3 Into the Future, I first got 3 a few months before it came out so it was the only Sims 3 pack I got to play with when it was new. Always liked it a lot somehow even though I'm not a sci-fi person
  • SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 962 Member
    The Sims: Downtown. People who came to the franchise in the later games cannot appreciate how truly expansive Downtown was -- it gave Sims the ability to leave their home for the FIRST TIME. And not only that, but they could change their pajamas and formal wear -- before that, players had to mod the PJs in a way that made everyone use the same mod. The atmosphere of downtown was good, the new NPCs amusing, and the music SUPERB.
  • minochuminochu Posts: 5 New Member
    Since I've only played the Sims 4, I can say that Cottage Living was a life changer. It's probably the coziest expansion pack in the entire game so far after Outdoor Retreat.
  • Ray_TraceRay_Trace Posts: 509 Member
    Seasons but it's a bit of a cheat because weather and seasons should be a base game feature honestly.

So for Sims 4, it's Cottage Living. It has chickens and you can befriend birds. Nuff said.
    A1hnP0t.png
  • Chaotic_MoiraChaotic_Moira Posts: 482 Member
    It's a tie for me between Sims 2 Open for Business and Sims 3 Ambitions. I love to have a lot of career options.
    If I had to choose ONE, it would be Ambitions because it gave us the first ever junkyard option to dive for junk and fix it up and sell it. I freaking LOVE that! I use it all the time in my games. I was so happy when Eco Life brought it back. I think I might low key want to flip furniture in real life and am just living out some unrealized fantasy or something, lol. Aaaaand I want a house flipping pack more than anything ever.
    Features I'd like brought back from the dead.
    | Picture in Picture mode | Custom Paintings | Preset scenarios for resident sims | Placing my own lots |
    | Saving my own Buy Mode collections! | Saving an outfit in CAS | CaSt. Smaller is ok | Open World |
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    Open For Business Sims 2 is so iconic, revolutionary.
    Also Island Paradise for Sims 3 is amazing!
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • TawkTawk Posts: 23 Member
    The Sims 4. Vampires.
  • simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,393 Member
    World Adventures was the perfect Sims 3 expansion pack. Because for me, life at home and the interactions of Sims was weaker in the Sims 2. We had no great wants and fears system. Fewer consequences. But Sims 3 really excelled at life outside the home and open world. The tomb exploring was an excellent use of the open world. I thought it worked perfectly to balance adventure and puzzles with the life sim elements.
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,393 Member
    I only just started playing when The Sims 4 was released on console. But by far my favorite pack has been Vampires. I did not think this would be the case and only bought it because it came in a bundle with City Living and Luxury Stuff. And I mostly ignored it at first. But once I actually started playing, I've gotten so many fun hours out of it, it feels like an expansion pack to me even though it's only a game pack.

Knowing my play style, I can guess the packs I would have enjoyed most in previous games would be...
    Sims 1: Makin' Magic
    Sims 2: Apartment Life
    Sims 3: Supernatural

I really hope you’ve gone back to play the previous games! :)
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • AraeliumAraelium Posts: 60 Member
    I'm a huge fan of supernatural so my answer isn't surprising.
    Sims 2: Late night
    Sims 3: Supernatural

Still haven't decided for sims 4.
  • MsKatieRoseMsKatieRose Posts: 672 Member
    Get famous is my favorite. Followed by City Living. I just wish they made more of the careers interactive like they did for Get Famous and City Living's apartment traits should be adjustable for all apartments.
    Always be your unapologetically and authentic self