Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What future EP will include zodiac signs?

2...Next

Comments

• SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited February 2020
    Sharonia wrote: »
    I would rather have an attraction system over zodiac signs.

Why not both?

Both would be great. The more things we have to add personality the better. I just meant if we could only have one I'd rather attraction.
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    Having read the Sims Wiki page ... I'm not convinced that Zodiac signs would actually be useful. I guess as part of an attraction system, but I'd rather the attraction system be based on actual attractors (humor, appearance, intelligence, compassion, strength, wealth, ambition, etc.) than some esoteric "sign" I mean, it's Sims, so even though I think astrological attraction/personality type is hogwash in real life, I don't mind it being part of the sims, but it's not something I think the game actually needs.

That and there are more zodiacs out there than the Western one. Maybe if they made up their own zodiac, that could be fun.

I have no idea why this is so popular. If they introduced it for the first time, people would complain that it's a dumbed-down verison of personality. (All of my Sims were Libra when they had zodiac signs, because I didn't need a totally random reason for Sims to be incompatible.) As you say, attraction should be based on interests and values.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I'd prefer a general focus on personality. I agree with the suggestion that astrology could come in with the fortune teller which was alluded to in Happy Haunts. I have some interest in that because I'd have fun making a quirky character like that in the game.

As for astrology? I generally don't believe in it and associate it with kind of retro thinking actually - like 1960s and 1970s - so I could see it in a historic pack with stuff from that time period. It is fun and sometimes I run into people who really seem to act like whatever their signs are. I don't think there's a scientific basis though, maybe you just see patterns if someone tells you that they are there.

It's also a good point that astrology would likely need to include concepts from different cultures too. I probably wouldn't make my own version.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • emiobixemiobix Posts: 88 Member
    [quote="Atreya33;c-17402736"]I think the theme would fit best in a paranormal themed pack with fortune teller career or perhaps ghost hunting [/quote]

I miss all of these things ... Especially the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 caravan lol!
  • AedanStarfangAedanStarfang Posts: 272 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    I think the theme would fit best in a paranormal themed pack with fortune teller career or perhaps ghost hunting. I would be overjoyed if we got a futuristic pack but I don't associate that with zodiac signs.

But I think it is just as likely to be added to any other pack as a side feature. Just like bikes in university. If we ever get it in sims 4.

I'm actually disappointed they didn't include a ghost hunting or fortune telling career with the ghosts patch.
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    I think in a Romance Vacation GP,, or maybe tied to the Fortune Teller Career.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,660 Member
    The 2020 stuff pack voting included a clairvoyant career (?), so maybe they will add that career later and include zodiacs? If not, it could probably be added in a patch, quite easily. Personally, I think the series is too old to add such basics, I have 250 sims going with more or less set personalities, so if they get zodiac I will simply assign them the one matching who they already are, and it will mean no changes to my game.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    Personally, while this has, in many ways, been the basis of the attraction system in older games, I think something better, and more realistic (in many ways, close to TS2's) based on apperance, personality (something the game really doesn't have; but is added in "the mod that shall not be named", based on traits), and traits.
  • HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    edited February 2020
    -

(I left a comment already)
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    Let's be completely honest here... the only logical expansion pack this feature would ever fit in is 'Seasons'... I don't know why EA/Maxis can't seem to comprehend this. It would make 100% logical sense.

Either way, they shouldn't be introduced in a pack... they should be patched in.

It would work with a romance pack as well. "Hey bb, what's your sign?"
  • lilybluesimslilybluesims Posts: 19 Member
    I would 100% be hyped for Sim-based zodiac signs. Of course, patched in for everyone would be the best outcome. If not, then Romance pack? Unless there was going to be some sort Astrology related pack instead...
    xz1R97il.png